What happened to the Wizard's Den as a title?

Advertisement
The "Wizards Den" has less post then the COVID board, despite being five times the age. Our demographics would have mostly never watched a Fraser coached team. It doesn't mean it can't be our DNA or however your describe it. It just means it isn't what we want on our front door.

There you go again lol. A message board about a semi-minor college sport has less posts than a board about a politicized pandemic that’s swept the world, killed millions of people, is the #1 argument topic on earth and has disrupted every facet of human life? That’s supposed to be a relevant point? 😂

I’ve said my piece. Your board, just giving you some feedback from a very UM embedded poster since you ask for member feedback often. This was a disrespectful decision IMO. Like I said, I’m sure there is an intelligent compromise out there. ✌️

Last edited:
Usually in ref to the KKK, It's the "Grand Wizard".....How anyone in their right mind can equate "Grand Wizard" to Wizard (a Ron Fraser nickname since the 70s) on a "Baseball" board is troubling....(@Cryptical Envelopment )
Yes, but kids today aren't that smart in case you haven't been paying attention. They get a fragment of truth, jump to conclusions, then go off on their righteous outrage campaign. It's just best to avoid it.

Usually in ref to the KKK, It's the "Grand Wizard".....How anyone in their right mind can equate "Grand Wizard" to Wizard (a Ron Fraser nickname since the 70s) on a "Baseball" board is troubling....(@Cryptical Envelopment )

Yep.

Yes, but kids today aren't that smart in case you haven't been paying attention. They get a fragment of truth, jump to conclusions, then go off on their righteous outrage campaign. It's just best to avoid it.

The word "wizard" is used about 1000000% more often in modern conversation to reference to Harry Potter and other fantasy crap. "KKK" lol. Come on, mangs. You think there is a kid on Earth that sees the word "wizard" and thinks of the KKK? LOL. Stop. Google the word "wizard" and the KKK doesn't even come up. A lot of intellectual dishonestly in here right now.

Check out this Neo-naži site, I hope someone does something soon to protect the children: https://www.wizardingworld.com

Advertisement
Yep.

The word "wizard" is used about 1000000% more often in modern conversation to reference to Harry Potter and other fantasy crap. "KKK" lol. Come on, mangs. You think there is a kid on Earth that sees the word "wizard" and thinks of the KKK? LOL. Stop. Google the word "wizard" and the KKK doesn't even come up. A lot of intellectual dishonestly in here right now.

Check out this Neo-naži site, I hope someone does something soon to protect the children: https://www.wizardingworld.com
OK, you win.

Maybe just change the name because Fraser was he was last coach 30 years ago.

OK, you win.

He (on his own Dime) marched into ESPN Headquarters in Connecticut, and Layed into them in ref to showing more Love for College Baseball. He Literally saved it.....I was in Omaha in 99 for the Canes Title run....and you can't fathom the Love even opposing Fans gave him. Being very close to one of his Daughters, there's not enough time to share the stories that she's shared with me for many yrs.....He's as Important to UM Athletics as anyone...including Howard.....He had DOZENS of opportunities to be a MLB Coach....but NEVER ran like others (Howard...Erickson and Butch)....for that alone, he sits atop for me.

Advertisement
He (on his own Dime) marched into ESPN Headquarters in Connecticut, and Layed into them in ref to showing more Love for College Baseball. He Literally saved it.....I was in Omaha in 99 for the Canes Title run....and you can't fathom the Love even opposing Fans gave him. Being very close to one of his Daughters, there's not enough time to share the stories that she's shared with me for many yrs....
He was to baseball what Howard was to football and then some. There's no denying that and it's why he has a statue.

He was to baseball what Howard was to football and then some. There's no denying that and it's why he has a statue.
Wayyyyyyyyy more than Howard....Howard ran to a joke of a defunct league.....Fraser (who had COUNTLESS opportunities) remained Loyal.....2 NCs AND a Gold Medal....Can't top that..
img_6_1644919733306.jpg

OK, you win.

Dude. The KKK thing an absurd non-starter premise and a terrible whiff of an attempted excuse. Was a cringe try. I am not trying to "win." I am sticking up for my U and the legend that created a reason for this board to exist. Saying "ok, you win" and throwing an eye-roll line at me that dismisses our history and taking your ball and going home with it is HS stuff. You're better than that. I guess Bama should whitewash Bear Bryant and on and on. We're a university with a history, that while somewhat rich, is still new compared to who we compare ourselves to and we need to hold onto the best of what we have as tight as we can. History and traditions are the cornerstone of what makes college sports special. Other schools lean into theirs to their benefit.

I'm not dug in. I've said more than once in this conversation that there is surely a compromise out there that gives you guys what you need to make your extra $ and doesn't dishonor one of the more important contributors to the University of Miami in its history. I was thinking maybe that would inspire you guys to figure out a way. Guess not. But but but KKK and millennials... right I forgot, my bad! If it's solely a business now, and you guys really don't care about honoring the U or its heroes, just say it. That I would respect. But as I originally said, it's a BAD BUSINESS DECISION anyway!

Dude. The KKK thing an absurd non-starter premise and a terrible whiff of an attempted excuse. Was a cringe try. I am not trying to "win." I am sticking up for my U and the legend that created a reason for this board to exist. Saying "ok, you win" and throwing an eye-roll line at me that dismisses our history and taking your ball and going home with it is HS stuff. You're better than that. I guess Bama should whitewash Bear Bryant and on and on. We're a university with a history, that while somewhat rich, is still new compared to who we compare ourselves to and we need to hold onto the best of what we have as tight as we can. History and traditions are the cornerstone of what makes college sports special. Other schools lean into theirs to their benefit.

I'm not dug in. I've said more than once in this conversation that there is surely a compromise out there that gives you guys what you need to make your extra $ and doesn't dishonor one of the more important contributors to the University of Miami in its history. I was thinking maybe that would inspire you guys to figure out a way. Guess not. But but but KKK and millennials... right I forgot, my bad! If it's solely a business now, and you guys really don't care about honoring the U or its heroes, just say it. That I would respect. But as I originally said, it's a BAD BUSINESS DECISION anyway!
If you're trying to bring new people in, maybe not using a nickname that's only know to people over 50 is a good start. Nobody is disrespecting Fraser or his contributions or erasing his history by renaming a sub-forum on a fan site that's not run by the school.

Advertisement
If you're trying to bring new people in, maybe not using a nickname that's only know to people over 50 is a good start. Nobody is disrespecting Fraser or his contributions or erasing his history by renaming a sub-forum on a fan site that's not run by the school.

Funny, cause I'm not over 50. And you keep glossing over my main point about compromise.

Never mind, I really hate talking in circles.

I understand this point of view, even though I'm an old-schooler who was going to games when Fraser was active. If a guest comes to the site, "Wizard's Den" doesn't scream "baseball" unless you already know who the Wizard is.

Advertisement
I understand this point of view, even though I'm an old-schooler who was going to games when Fraser was active. If a guest comes to the site, "Wizard's Den" doesn't scream "baseball" unless you already know who the Wizard is.
This is so F-ing ridiculous it F-ing hurts my brain.....If a Guest comes to a UM "Sports" site....do you Honestly believe that when they scroll down to "Wizards Den" that the 1st thing they'll think of is a "Den" with a bunch of Racists sitting around in White Robes & Hats, and carrying torches???....Jesus Nonsensical Christ @Cryptical Envelopment ....please kill me now....

Advertisement
Back