What happened to the Wizard's Den as a title?

This is so F-ing ridiculous it F-ing hurts my brain.....If a Guest comes to a UM "Sports" site....do you Honestly believe that when they scroll down to "Wizards Den" that the 1st thing they'll think of is a "Den" with a bunch of Racists sitting around in White Robes & Hats, and carrying torches???....Jesus Nonsensical Christ @Cryptical Envelopment ....please kill me now....

I'm not concerned that you don't understand. Just so that's clear.

I didn't say anything about racists or robes or hats. The point is simple. When someone goes to a site, things should be labeled clearly. A person looking for a baseball message board doesn't know how the "Wizard's Den" is any different from something called the "Lounge".

I mean, the board is now named after the man. There are more important things to drop profane posts over.

Advertisement
I'm not concerned that you don't understand. Just so that's clear.

I didn't say anything about racists or robes or hats. The point is simple. When someone goes to a site, things should be labeled clearly. A person looking for a baseball message board doesn't know how the "Wizard's Den" is any different from something called the "Lounge".

I mean, the board is now named after the man. There are more important things to drop profane posts over.
If someone goes to a UM BASEBALL forum....and the forum says..."Wizards Den"....and in some way, shape or form doesn't know what tf that means...they need to leave immediately, if not sooner....AND, if they go to a BASEBALL forum...and see Wizards Den....and immediately think of the KKK (on a F-ing 4 time NC Winning program, made FAMOUS by none other than the Wizard Ron Fraser) they need psychological help.

If someone goes to a UM BASEBALL forum....and the forum says..."Wizards Den"....and in some way, shape or form doesn't know what tf that means...they need to leave immediately, if not sooner....AND, if they go to a BASEBALL forum...and see Wizards Den....and immediately think of the KKK (on a F-ing 4 time NC Winning program, made FAMOUS by none other than the Wizard Ron Fraser) they need psychological help.

So you need exclusivity. Only people who are well-versed in UM baseball history are welcome here. God forbid we have more than six people post in the baseball forum.

So you need exclusivity. Only people who are well-versed in UM baseball history are welcome here. God forbid we have more than six people post in the baseball forum.
Look my Man....I'm not going back & forth on this topic anymore. If you're a College Baseball fan...who knows even an ounce of it's History....and happens upon "Wizard's Den" and doesn't know wtf that means. Then you know nada about the last 40+ yrs of CBB History.....

Look my Man....I'm not going back & forth on this topic anymore. If you're a College Baseball fan...who knows even an ounce of it's History....and happens upon "Wizard's Den" and doesn't know wtf that means. Then you know nada about the last 40+ yrs of CBB History.....

I don't know how that is relevant. The people who run the site are trying to make it more user-friendly. They are worried about page visits, not whether or not the user knows anything about baseball in the 80's.

Advertisement
It's not about those of us who know, it's about attracting the future fans who don't.

Then we can educate them as you've done in this very thread.

I don't know how that is relevant. The people who run the site are trying to make it more user-friendly. They are worried about page visits, not whether or not the user knows anything about baseball in the 80's.
In the 80s????.....You do know Fraser was at UM in the 60s right??...or, as I expect Nah??

In the 80s????.....You do know Fraser was at UM in the 60s right??...or, as I expect Nah??

You can "expect" incorrectly all you want. I went to 90% of the home games as a student and was there for Fraser's last three years.

But you made my point even better than I did. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, since Fraser only won anything in the 80's. It literally matters to no one that Ron Fraser coached at UM in the 60's. That means absolutely nothing in the context of this discussion, therefore it shouldn't have anything to do with the board's name.

Advertisement
You can "expect" incorrectly all you want. I went to 90% of the home games as a student and was there for Fraser's last three years.

But you made my point even better than I did. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, since Fraser only won anything in the 80's. It literally matters to no one that Ron Fraser coached at UM in the 60's. That means absolutely nothing in the context of this discussion, therefore it shouldn't have anything to do with the board's name.
It matters to no one but YOU that Fraser was at UM in the 60s....it means ALOT to me and many others about his longevity....Lol at giving me the benefit of the doubt.....His 70s teams were some of the best in the Nation....You act like only his 80s were good. My advice....read up on his 74 onward teams...then Holler back...

It matters to no one but YOU that Fraser was at UM in the 60s....it means ALOT to me and many others about his longevity....Lol at giving me the benefit of the doubt.....His 70s teams were some of the best in the Nation....You act like only his 80s were good. My advice....read up on his 74 onward teams...then Holler back...
Therefore the board must be called the Wizard's Den rather than the Ron Fraser Baseball Board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed - but throttling speed of posters who got banned for a week because one mod is mad is not the way to grow a board. Check it out, see who is throttled. Sad. How do we know - speed when not signed in, vs when signed in, so clear what is being done and it is so childish. And these are the Mods? Come on guys, be better than this.
, the goal is to increase the crowd. The board shouldn't be a private club. Winning is the only way to grow the board, making it ore discoverable can also create growth.

edit: Winning isn't the only way to grow a board

Agreed - but throttling speed of posters who got banned for a week because one mod is mad is not the way to grow a board. Check it out, see who is throttled. Sad. How do we know - speed when not signed in, vs when signed in, so clear what is being done and it is so childish. And these are the Mods? Come on guys, be better than this.
Moderation concerns should be directed to DMoney.

Advertisement
Back