What Happened To All The Interest In This Job?

Its impossible to have a better situation than Butch Davis at 2 million per year. It allows you to spend 1 million plus on each coordinator.

Mullen would cost 5 million per year.

Patterson might cost 6 million.

They will offer Richt the same deal as Butch.

We are not going to spend 5 million on the head guy and then another 2 mil on coordinators. Richt has always had a huge budget for coordinators.

I will take Butch with seven figures to spend on coordinators ALL DAY.
Which established coordinators do you realistically think are going to take a lateral job at UM?

For a pay raise and the chance to win a title, yes.

Advertisement
I am wondering if this why Korn Ferry was hired. Seems easier to keep back channel, third party communications better under wrap. That way both sides can maintain no contact (when they really mean no "direct" contact) has taken place. Just a thought.

Once James Franklin said he had no interest it kinda killed any buzz we had.

I think since there are so many openings this season, its just becoming crazy trying to make sense of all the openings. Any job worth a **** has the same list of potential coaches. Everyone thinks since we haven't had a list of interviews that we are doing a horrible job. USC just hired their interim coach (not saying we should hire Scott), but the only name they were linked to was Chip Kelly. I just think that this season's craziness is playing into the silence coming from the school.

Advertisement
Its impossible to have a better situation than Butch Davis at 2 million per year. It allows you to spend 1 million plus on each coordinator.

Mullen would cost 5 million per year.

Patterson might cost 6 million.

They will offer Richt the same deal as Butch.

We are not going to spend 5 million on the head guy and then another 2 mil on coordinators. Richt has always had a huge budget for coordinators.

I will take Butch with seven figures to spend on coordinators ALL DAY.

If he's the fallback and we hire him, will he work for $2 million? At that point he's got leverage.

The only interest IMO was probably Strong and Mullen. Strong would love to get out of Texas cause he sucks and he hates it.

Mullen wants out of Mississippi St cause he's achieved all he could there. **** he was rumored for the VTech and even Maryland jobs.

So yeah, those are two names that probably showed interest. Otherwise, it was just Blake BSing

It's simple. It's been reported that the BOT, Blake and the committee are thinking big. Guys like Patterson, Richt, Strong (not my choice) Chip are not going to quit in the middle of their seasons. So until they know that we can't get one of those guys the search is still "Open". It's been said from day 1 that Butch is the fall back if we can't secure a big fish and it looks like if Richt and Patterson pass, Butch is the guy.

Butch was going to take the FIU job for 750k.

He desperately wants the Miami job.

He will take it for 2 mil with incentives provided he has a huge budget for assistants. Maybe less.

Advertisement
If Richt will do it for 2.5 mil or less he will get the job.

They are not going to pay him 5 million plus 4 million for his staff.

I am almost 100% certain Butch has already agreed to do it for 2 million + 5 million for staff.

I believe the total budget is around 7 million for head coach and staff.

This is why Mullen, Herman and Patterson are probably not going to happen.

All will want 5 million plus.

People are not looking at this the right way.

You have to compare Butch Davis plus a 5 million dollar assistant budget vs. the field with a 2-3 million dollar assistant budget.

The fact that UM is being discreet and not negotiating in the newspaper and media is a positive thing. Fans don't need to know everything and all that matters is the end result. This search is being done well and you certainly don't want to drag a currently employed coaches name into the media, which only forces denial. Remember, UM almost hired Rick Pitino about 7-8 years and then the word leaked out and he was off the radar in an instant.

When golden was fired there was talk about a lot of coaches being interested and suprise candidates with interest. What happened? So far it doesn't seem like there is that much interest out there other than the obvious names that always get mentioned.

Rumors are being floated around about miami being interested in mullen and patterson, but is that real? Is richt really their top choice now?

Who in the **** will be the coach?

If Butch is hired, and some really good money is available for top coordinators - TOP coordinators - you can bet they'd be most interested in building up UM, win a few championships, and get top dollar to become either a college HC, or Pro football coordinator job and be paid a premium.

I don't think I'd insult Butch - maybe $3M, but you start really offering top coordinators top dollar - you'll have their attention.

Advertisement
Butch Davis @ 2 mil + Eddie Gran (1 mil) + Stud DC (1 mil) = 4 mil

You wanna pay Herman 5 mil?

You wanna pay Mullen 6 mil?

You wanna pay Patterson 6 mil?

Lets not be stupid here. Butch was gonna take the FIU job for $750k.

Butch Davis with that level of coordinator is scary!

Butch wants to finish what he started.....money is not driving him.

not gonna lie...these are very salient points!

I am almost 100% certain Butch has already agreed to do it for 2 million + 5 million for staff.

You're an absolute fool if you think any coach is going to come here for less than the guy we just fired out of the goodness of their heart. An absolutely clueless fool.

The fact that UM is being discreet and not negotiating in the newspaper and media is a positive thing. Fans don't need to know everything and all that matters is the end result. This search is being done well and you certainly don't want to drag a currently employed coaches name into the media, which only forces denial. Remember, UM almost hired Rick Pitino about 7-8 years and then the word leaked out and he was off the radar in an instant.

When golden was fired there was talk about a lot of coaches being interested and suprise candidates with interest. What happened? So far it doesn't seem like there is that much interest out there other than the obvious names that always get mentioned.

Rumors are being floated around about miami being interested in mullen and patterson, but is that real? Is richt really their top choice now?

Who in the **** will be the coach?

They ain't negotiating ****.

Advertisement
Butch is the only name we hear because his disciples start 100 threads a day about him.

All we know is a couple of out of work guys have interviewed . You can't interview people with jobs until after the season.

Nobody knows anything else

Or you just dont want to come to grips with the fact that the "pipe dream" candidates dont want the job. Fuente didnt even want to come down for an interview. People keep holding out hope that SOMEBODY prominent has to have interest in this job right? I mean this is the U! Smh. Man F that. This job isnt for everyone. Too much pressure from fans (you have to know that those coaches saw the banner onslaught by our fans.) and even more pressure from former players and alumni. Not everyone is cut out for "this thing of ours".

"I am almost 100% certain Butch has already agreed to do it for 2 million + 5 million for staff."

Any substance to that?

Butch @3M plus another @3-4M for staff. Hire top coordinators, OL, and DL coaches. Add young, solid LB and DB coaches. Keep Scott for TEs and Beard for WRs. They've done good jobs. RBs? Find a young, aggressive guy who can double as recruiting coordinator.

I'd love for Barrow to come back but now that he's coaching LBs for Pete Carroll his career went in another direction. He would be someone I'd keep an eye on for a return as DC once he gets more NFL experience.

Butch is the only name we hear because his disciples start 100 threads a day about him.

All we know is a couple of out of work guys have interviewed . You can't interview people with jobs until after the season.

Nobody knows anything else

Or you just dont want to come to grips with the fact that the "pipe dream" candidates dont want the job. Fuente didnt even want to come down for an interview. People keep holding out hope that SOMEBODY prominent has to have interest in this job right? I mean this is the U! Smh. Man F that. This job isnt for everyone. Too much pressure from fans (you have to know that those coaches saw the banner onslaught by our fans.) and even more pressure from former players and alumni. Not everyone is cut out for "this thing of ours".

No ,it's called being realistic. I'm not saying we'll land some homerun guy but it's obvious what stage we're at.

They just started the interview process, it's common sense by looking at the first two guys interviewed , both are out of work.

Sorry I'm not being a negative little female because the hire hasn't been made as soon as I'd like.

I'll wait to the hire before I go into ***** mode.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back