What Happened To All The Interest In This Job?

252cane

All-ACC
When golden was fired there was talk about a lot of coaches being interested and suprise candidates with interest. What happened? So far it doesn't seem like there is that much interest out there other than the obvious names that always get mentioned.

Rumors are being floated around about miami being interested in mullen and patterson, but is that real? Is richt really their top choice now?

Who in the **** will be the coach?

Advertisement
Butch is the only name we hear because his disciples start 100 threads a day about him.

All we know is a couple of out of work guys have interviewed . You can't interview people with jobs until after the season.

Nobody knows anything else

Last edited:
Advertisement
Its impossible to have a better situation than Butch Davis at 2 million per year. It allows you to spend 1 million plus on each coordinator.

Mullen would cost 5 million per year.

Patterson might cost 6 million.

They will offer Richt the same deal as Butch.

We are not going to spend 5 million on the head guy and then another 2 mil on coordinators. Richt has always had a huge budget for coordinators.

I will take Butch with seven figures to spend on coordinators ALL DAY.

While I agree that Butch's name has become mythical amongst the fan base, it is discouraging not to hear any prominent names: Patterson, Herman, Petersen, Whittingham, etc. not affiliated with the job.

Advertisement
The reality is this hapless administration could have hired Davis 2 years ago .Instead we have to sit and wait for them to try to validate themselves with this search Kabuki dance. The fact that Davis was interviewed means that Korn vetted him out as OK . But the BOT and former president have devalued the program enough that the entrenched big boys are turning a blind eye to them.
But all this will be forgiven by the fans if Davis is hired. Unless they get a Gary Patterson type ,resistance will be strong if they dont hire Davis.

An unprecedented amount of top notch jobs are open this year - that's what happened.

Richt is making 4 million per year.

His Georgia buyout would offset some of Miami's cost.

If he is willing to take Miami job for 2 million per year which frees up a ton to spend on staff then it will be tough to say no.

Advertisement
Wrong.

Butch Davis at 2 mil - 2.5 mil per year is impossible to turn away.

Richt is making 4 million per year.

His Georgia buyout would offset some of Miami's cost.

If he is willing to take Miami job for 2 million per year which frees up a ton to spend on staff then it will be tough to say no.

Its impossible to have a better situation than Butch Davis at 2 million per year. It allows you to spend 1 million plus on each coordinator.

We are not going to spend 5 million on the head guy and then another 2 mil on coordinators. Richt has always had a huge budget for coordinators.

Amen. Plus, I am tired of hearing about Patterson. Dude is not going anywhere. He just milks the exposure. I wouldn't mind him but it is not happening. Richt has run him game and is done. Butch will bring some of that old JJ "fear the frigging HC" back to THE U. Mark is a nice guy. We need someone can walk into a room and everyone STFU.

Advertisement
Butch Davis @ 2 mil + Eddie Gran (1 mil) + Stud DC (1 mil) = 4 mil

You wanna pay Herman 5 mil?

You wanna pay Mullen 6 mil?

You wanna pay Patterson 6 mil?

Lets not be stupid here. Butch was gonna take the FIU job for $750k.

Butch Davis with that level of coordinator is scary!

Butch wants to finish what he started.....money is not driving him.

Which established coordinators do you realistically think are going to take a lateral job at UM?

Agreed. More concerned about the OC/DC hires.

Advertisement
Back