What do you think is the the most memorable Miami VS Fsu gam

Advertisement
Dorsey to Shockey TD pass, McGahee screen pass, and Reed's half time speech most memorable moments.

2000 and 2002 tied for favorite game.

Tough to pick, but the '87 game, we came back from a 19-3 deficit late in the 3rd quarter, that was a classic.

The youngsters are going to pick 2000 or 2002, but 1991, 1992, and 1994 were epic. Carlos Jones' TD return was the loudest moment I ever experienced in the Orange Bowl.

Wide Right 3 and Wide Left 2000 and 2002. I remember those games like they were yesterday. Man I miss the OB!

Advertisement
Wide Left 2002. I won two cases of beer that day. I bet an FSU fan a case we'd win, but when FSU went up 13 in the 4th, he called to talk **** so I dared him to double the bet.

Advertisement
1985: Shut down the whole Doak crowd with a stunning comeback.

Became a tradition (see Michigan 1988 ) Nothing like the sound of the oponents fans shuffling out after one of those comebacks.

For me it would be 2009 because it was my first time going to it live. But 2002 will always be my favorite Miami vs FSU game.

My List:

Nothing beat 2000, especially since it broke a five game losing streak. 2002 was incredible as well but we had already beaten them twice in a row, so it wasn't as big a relief factor. '92 & '91 speak for themselves, led to us playing for national titles. 1994 being a night game may have been the most fun game prior to 2000, the OB was insane that night and we mostly dominated the game.

I was a little too young to appreciate the 80's games, but for a 36 year old these were the most fun to live through.

Advertisement
For me, it's 2000, cause that's the day when we were BACK, and it was a helluva game too. There are too many great games. I was born in '77, so I've been to many of the 80's and 90's classics too. Night games were just more electric than day games, and there was something really special about being 10, 12, whatever years old and getting tossed around in the middle of the brawls that would happen in the stands at the ole beautiful lady known as the OB.

But to me, while there may have been other dramatic finishes, or great *** whippins, or whatever else, there is nothing more special than beating FSU when it's the signal that you're back from a decade of wandering in the wilderness of losing. No championship to me was sweeter than 2001 because we had to wait for it for so long. When that day comes again, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it. I may well just transmogrify into a giant puzzy cause I'm gonna be crying tears of joy like a little bytch.

Saturday can not come soon enough.

GO CANES!!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement

1980 (For old times sake, Tom. Our first big win vs FSU)

2004 at the OB, prime time game - first time seeing this game in the student section.

We dominated the game but FSU up 10-0 at half. Miami ties it 10-10 late in the fourth with a Berlin-Moss connection for 30 yards. FSU turns it over in OT followed by a Frank Gore run to end it 16-10. Place went nuts!

For me personally, 2000 is my favorite Canes game of all time, period, for so many reasons. It was the first time we beat FSWho in forever. The atmosphere at the OB was beyond electric. It ended on a missed FG, in classic FSU-Miami fashion! I was 18 and it was my older brother's birthday that day... We had our faces painted.. we were in the west endzone...Fughetaboutit!! Hands down the best game ever!!!

Advertisement
Back