What do you think is the the most memorable Miami VS Fsu gam

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] whats yours as a player?

Honestly for me as a player I don't habe alot of fond memories of this series cause we lost every one I was here for. However as a man & as a family for me the 97 game really was a turning point for us. My memories relate to this series as life lessons. We were so thin in depth at this point cause of limitations it **** near felt like we were playing iron man football. But you learn about yourself as a man. You learn about the people you call family down in those trenches. They embarrassed us so badly out there on that field that year that we reinforced amongst ourselves that no matter what butch told us we were going all in... we would never allow ourselves to be in that spot again. It also just showed me that Bobby Bowden was simply a hypocrite & a pedophile... #fvckasemenhole

I don't forget that game either. They were so talented on both sides and we were not. We were truly outmatched. So glad we never sunk that low again.

Advertisement
we would never allow ourselves to be in that spot again. It also just showed me that Bobby Bowden was simply a hypocrite & a pedophile... #fvckasemenhole

Sucks you had to go through the sanction years, Dee. Care to share any information regarding the bolded?

Nah. I probably shouldn't have worded it quite that way cause rumors are exactly that when it's all said and done but he **** sure was a hypocrite. All he did was and moan about every lil thing. Meanwhile he's teams routinely had no morals to the way they approached the game. Played so dirty.

Brooklyndee --good stuff, man.

That 97 game was tough to watch from a fans standpoint, but years later, I was able to appreciate what you guys withstood and had to deal with much more.

That team --that year, especially, was the foundation to something very special. At least that's the way I see it.

Every college football “expert” is picking Miami over FSU. Usually this means we are completely f^cked!

If FSU hackjob Lee Corse picks Miami I am just walking out of Doak Campbell sparing me anymore misery.

89 was my favorite.

I actually quit my job at a fast food joint to watch this game. I begged my manager to let me take off and she wouldn't do it. I was pacing--going nuts---trying to get some idea of the score, so I left my job at the end of the 1st QTR, and went home to watch it. Walked off my job at KFC.

It wasn't the most responsible things I've done in my life, but it was Miami vs the Noles, man.

Advertisement
89 was my favorite.

I actually quit my job at a fast food joint to watch this game. I begged my manager to let me take off and she wouldn't do it. I was pacing--going nuts---trying to get some idea of the score, so I left my job at the end of the 1st QTR, and went home to watch it. Walked off my job at KFC.

It wasn't the most responsible things I've done in my life, but it was Miami vs the Noles, man.

honestly, I respect the commitment...

Advertisement
91, the game speaks for itself and led to other last minute failures through the years.

Or

00, the game where we announced that college football's worst nightmare was back.

92, alright game, but I will always remember this for two reasons. We were still trying to get to our seats and heading out of one of the little tunnels. I hear the whistle, realize I wasn't going to get to see the kickoff so I jumped up to grab the railing to pull myself up to see the play. Wish I hadn't, Vanover took it to the house.

We sat directly in front of Charlie Ward's parents. The things that came out of my mouth that day directed their way, not proud of it today. Still, a senior in high school and man I talked so much **** that day.

'00 because I was there (and attended the '99 in tally, I knew we were a year away depth-wise), then '87

'88 honorable mention because of the rap

Advertisement
Advertisement
1987. I was living on South Beach and I was loud and proud back then. Rode my bike down Ocean Drive taunting all the FSU fans after the win. Good times.

Honestly for me as a player I don't habe alot of fond memories of this series cause we lost every one I was here for. However as a man & as a family for me the 97 game really was a turning point for us. My memories relate to this series as life lessons. We were so thin in depth at this point cause of limitations it **** near felt like we were playing iron man football. But you learn about yourself as a man. You learn about the people you call family down in those trenches. They embarrassed us so badly out there on that field that year that we reinforced amongst ourselves that no matter what butch told us we were going all in... we would never allow ourselves to be in that spot again. It also just showed me that Bobby Bowden was simply a hypocrite & a pedophile... #fvckasemenhole

I don't forget that game either. They were so talented on both sides and we were not. We were truly outmatched. So glad we never sunk that low again.

The main thing I'll never forget about that game is with less than two minutes left with a 47-0 lead, Bowden marched out the entire first team defense to preserve the shut out once Miami crossed mid field.

Advertisement
Back