What do you think is the the most memorable Miami VS Fsu gam

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not the most memorable cause it was a blow out, but the best was 1988.....FSU came in #1 first game of season.....had that Seminole Shuffle video.....were were coming of an NC and git disrespected by the polls putting FSU #1 preseason......we smoked them 31-0

For me, it's 2000, cause that's the day when we were BACK, and it was a helluva game too. There are too many great games. I was born in '77, so I've been to many of the 80's and 90's classics too. Night games were just more electric than day games, and there was something really special about being 10, 12, whatever years old and getting tossed around in the middle of the brawls that would happen in the stands at the ole beautiful lady known as the OB.

But to me, while there may have been other dramatic finishes, or great *** whippins, or whatever else, there is nothing more special than beating FSU when it's the signal that you're back from a decade of wandering in the wilderness of losing. No championship to me was sweeter than 2001 because we had to wait for it for so long. When that day comes again, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it. I may well just transmogrify into a giant puzzy cause I'm gonna be crying tears of joy like a little bytch.

Saturday can not come soon enough.

GO CANES!!!!!

I was talking so much **** during that game and then they came back..... I was cussin butch and davenport out that whole second half.... I was heated.... But that last drive proved my point about what I was saying about Santana.... He was a real baller. Dorsey showed me he was our next great qb, and Shockey showed me how dope he was even though he was behind I think Ivan mercer

Advertisement
the 87 game for me is a personal favorite. Down 19-3 very late into the 3rd quarter, Miami being stifled on offense, trampled defensively by Sammie Smith(who was one of the few players to gash the Miami defense in that era) in front of a hostile, sold-out crowd at Doak Campbell. It looked for all the world that this was the Noles day. Legend has it that Craig Erickson had begun to warm up as Jimmy was thinking about pulling Steve Walsh(and I did a multi-part story on Walsh for Canestime.com back in the day and this was a huge part of our interview, this game).

But then this is when Michael Irvin became 'the Playmaker' as he and Walsh hooked up for a couple of TD's to rally the Canes. Then Bubba McDowell with the break up of the FSU 2-point conversion to seal the 26-25 point win. It was universally recognized as the game of the year(in 87) and really one of the best of all-time. Literally the national title was decided by one point.

For my money it's among the top five Canes games/victories ever

Last edited:

"Four wideouts for Ponder...rolls to his right...throws...caught! Touchdown!...no, incomplete! I thought Fortson had it...the Canes have survived"

October 5, 1951: Miami 35 FSU 13. That was a great game. Dam, it been 66 years already.

Advertisement
Idk, I just loved seeing Tamarick Vanover getting laid out early.

1988. FSU was #1 according to the media and released their rap video. We proceeded to go out and beat them 31-0....

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] whats yours as a player?

Honestly for me as a player I don't habe alot of fond memories of this series cause we lost every one I was here for. However as a man & as a family for me the 97 game really was a turning point for us. My memories relate to this series as life lessons. We were so thin in depth at this point cause of limitations it **** near felt like we were playing iron man football. But you learn about yourself as a man. You learn about the people you call family down in those trenches. They embarrassed us so badly out there on that field that year that we reinforced amongst ourselves that no matter what butch told us we were going all in... we would never allow ourselves to be in that spot again. It also just showed me that Bobby Bowden was simply a hypocrite & a pedophile... #fvckasemenhole

Advertisement
That was the day my life long can fan card was punched, I was 13. I was a little too young to really appreciate the 87 game for what it was at the time, but I remember 91 vividly..... that and 2000 & 2002 were nuts

Give me 09 because of the jubilation I felt about the future. All my friends and I were convinced that we turned the corner with Jacory and the NW crop after that game.

Advertisement
Back