What do you think about what Keontra Smith is saying here?

There were multiple interviews on here in the past month of recruits saying contact with the staff fell off
That was Daxon, Sanguinetti, and I think Nunn, but the prior 2 fell well down our board and Nunn was a plan c type. So I think that falls into the common national stance of backing off players you're either no longer recruiting or not high on your board. Thats just standard recruiting. So many players only so many hours to communicate. Gotta pick and choose.

Advertisement
Only one can even be considered in your thesis there, and according to 247, we were the first P5 to offer him after UFailure - so how is that even a legit slowplay. He should sign with Florida then, right?
Dude what are you trying to say.

I pointed out UF was on him and had him committed before we offered. Ivins was saying for months that Miami needed to offer and pretty much our whole board agreed.

Yes they were recruiting him and took months after he committed to UF for us to offer.

Again, Miami has bridges with local schools that it cannot burn. All OOS schools can offer early then pull their offers late if the kid doesn't develop as projected or if they find a better prospect. Those schools wont suffer consequences here if the do that. Miami has to wait and make sure this kid is their best option because if they change their minds later, it could leave bad taste locally. Miami doesn't have the luxury the other OOS have.

The reasons have already been covered here but mainly, Miami cannot give out non-commitable, early offers to local kids like candy because if those kids don't pan out, Rich and the staff become "bad guys" in the local community when they rescind on their offers. Somehow, Saban gets a pass on this sort of thing because "well, that's Bama" but it's bull**** that the local coaches and money grabbers...err "handlers" hold the Miami staff to a totally different set of standards.

Here's another point. Golden offered every 9th and 10th grader in the tri county area and often got commits from kids two or three years early. Then we all watched those kids use their Miami offers to leverage offers from schools they really wanted to go to and old fat Albert was left holding his itty bitty crank come signing day.

You're damned if you do. you're damned if you don't.

Dude what are you trying to say.

I pointed out UF was on him and had him committed before we offered. Ivins was saying for months that Miami needed to offer and pretty much our whole board agreed.

Yes they were recruiting him and took months after he committed to UF for us to offer.

What I’m saying is that we were the first P5 to offer him after Florida. Isn’t that a fact?

Also when did our other major competitors offer him in relation to us. Georgia? Alabama? When did they offer him?

Advertisement
I don't know what we do exactly, so I'm not saying our approach is right or wrong.

I'm just a little concerned about the perception with local kids.
And I'm a little concerned with the fact that we're playing with kids like Battle.

Just simply bringing the issue/discussion to light.

Maybe the issue isn’t our Coaches.
Maybe the issues stem from entitled, disloyal, selfish, SEC-obsessed “local” kids.
Just a thought. I have no idea.

Advertisement
You don't think a kid has the right to wonder WTF is going on when he's got offers from Michigan, Bama, etc...but none from the school 30 minutes down the street?
Out of state schools can make fake offers to guys down here, and none of the bytches whine when they either retract the offer or term it some dumb **** like “not commitable.”

UM doesn’t have that luxury. We do that, and Al Sharpton shows up demanding an investigation.

Most of these dudes claiming offers from Alabaga can’t accept the “offer.” Therefore, it’s not even an offer. Instead, it’s an olive branch that they get all moist in the panties over.

Ty Stevenson, Josh Jobe, Ty Campbell, Amari Carter, Gil Frierson, Al Blades, Gurvan Hall, Pat Surtain Jr., etc, etc...All offerred VERY EARLY or offer re-itereated when new staff got here... It's not a pattern. Kids need to stop taking it as an insult...Some of these kids are takes, but not takes on that level. Staff simply needs to see more and doesn't want to throw them a fake offer (and even that happens sometimes, see Nunn early on)

And it's not like 70% of those big OOS top 10 type programs are commitable or those coaches are gonna stand by you anyways.

Last edited:
The bottom line, IF a RECRUIT really wants to be a Miami Hurricane, when he gets the offer he will make it official.. Every kid doesn't get recruited the same, some have to wait it out longer then others and some get offered early in the process!! ALL RECRUITS DON'T GET RECRUITED THE SAME..

Advertisement
From what I've seen and heard, Richt is doing everything humanly possible to right the train wreck created from the last 3 regimes - re-establishing relationships with the local HS's and their coaches, encouraging current players to be involved in the community, Paradise Camps, improving facilities, embracing social media, etc.

The damage done occurred over a period of at least 15 years and won't be rectified overnight. Additionally, the culture of HS FB has changed dramatically in that time period due mainly to social media.

Being a private institution, Miami has higher academic standards than most state universities and may be a reason that some players are "slow played" to insure they can meet the academic requirements.

The bag culture is real and another challenge we face on a continual basis.

Miami's coaching staff is facing an uphill battle due to the above and some others, but are making obvious progress. Are they perfect? Nope. Who is? The foundation is being set for future success but will take time to be fully implemented.

The reasons have already been covered here but mainly, Miami cannot give out non-commitable, early offers to local kids like candy because if those kids don't pan out, Rich and the staff become "bad guys" in the local community when they rescind on their offers. Somehow, Saban gets a pass on this sort of thing because "well, that's Bama" but it's bull**** that the local coaches and money grabbers...err "handlers" hold the Miami staff to a totally different set of standards.

Here's another point. Golden offered every 9th and 10th grader in the tri county area and often got commits from kids two or three years early. Then we all watched those kids use their Miami offers to leverage offers from schools they really wanted to go to and old fat Albert was left holding his itty bitty crank come signing day.

You're damned if you do. you're damned if you don't.

This is it, right here.

Advertisement
When are some of you guys gonna realize that today's youth don't put the same value in UM that we do?

People on this board constantly talk as if Miami is held in some high regard around South Florida. A Miami offer is only as valuable as our ranking. The offer becomes valuable when we win. Why do you think these kids consider a Bama/Clemson/Georgia offer "valuable" right now? Or an "achievement".

If you're expecting to ONLY sign guys that love UM, then get used to being terrible on the field. It doesn't work like that. You have to MAKE kids love UM.

You guys do realize that loyalty and "love for the home team" is something that's going by the wayside, right? This generation gives zero fvcks about that. They put value in whatever's "hot" at the time.

Man you keep thro wing this crap out there constantly about the coaching staff.

The Gators are looking for some new fans, so maybe if you can not support staff Mullen needs a friend.

What guys is the staff going after from up north? Diaz seems to only want florida guys on defense.

Advertisement
Back