What ConstitutesAcceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

What Constitutes Acceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See I said don’t get offended. I called myself a soft yellow belly hedge ban for voting in Group 4. That stuff is all in fun.
What? Don't get offended? This is 2021 where we all have not only the right to be offended, but the responsibility to be offended. ;o)

All good. I just needed to yell at someone other than my kids, or the neighbor's dog.

Advertisement
What? Don't get offended? This is 2021 where we all have not only the right to be offended, but the responsibility to be offended. ;o)

All good. I just needed to yell at someone other than my kids, or the neighbor's dog.
I get that. Lol. I’m just trying to see what people’s baselines are for considering 2021 enough progress to give Manny another year. I know I don’t have all the choices.

Agreed, without the anticipation of a big rival game with FSU, bc they suck and we *** wiped them x 3. UNC gives us a revenge game. Has us salivating for a reckoning. Outside of Bama, the biggest regular season game, throw in payback and it’s THE season game( unless we upset Bama). *** UNC, let’s tear off their heads and shut down their throats.🙌🏽
Last year against unc was supposedly a revenge game...Clemson and unc were THE two games we had circled on our schedule, and we know how that turned out. unc was at home too

Advertisement
I get that. Lol. I’m just trying to see what people’s baselines are for considering 2021 enough progress to give Manny another year. I know I don’t have all the choices.
Everyone needs to acknowledge the fact that manny will get another year with anything over a .500 record. I know Most fans say 10 wins minimum or manny should be fired, but it doesn’t matter what fans think. James is gutless and isnt up to another coaching search

11-1 at best (regular season)
10-2 at worst (regular season)

Winning whatever Bowl game we get would be nice, but I usually don’t bake in bowl games for preseason predictions because Bowl games are very unpredictable, usually a bunch of injuries & opts-outs by the end of the year & unless you’re playing in a NYE6 Bowl it’s really hard to get your team up to play in Bowl games because by that time most players have mentally checked out & don’t care as much.

9-3 is mediocre, yes it’s an improvement from the 6-7/7-6 type seasons we’ve had recently, but 9-3 is mediocre purgatory, where it’s good enough to not get you fired & but never good enough to win you anything of significance.

If Manuelito can’t win 10 games this year he never will & Miami will be stuck in middle of the pack in the ACC.

Clemson lost Trevor Lawrence & several other good players, obviously they’ve reloaded already with their recruiting but the reality is they don’t have a generational QB anymore, yes DJ U is good but not that good, which means the conference is as wide open as it’s ever going to be, which means this season is the opportunity to wage a coup d’etat & unseat Clemson. I’m not saying we’re going to beat them, I’m just saying now is the perfect time to do it, we have the QB/OC & we have enough offensive weapons to hang with every opponent on our schedule.

If Manny can’t make it happen now & it ain’t happening under his tenure.

I would accept 2 losses during the regular season. More than that is a step backwards with this talent.

We're underdogs vs. Bama for a reason. But we better come with our A game and make it a battle. They're ripe for an upset.

And UNC is ridiculously overrated. They were 8-4 last year with losses to FSU, UVA, Notre Dame and TAMU. And those last two weren't even really that close. We would think we sucked balls if that was our season, yet we treat them like they're juggernauts. The only reason is that Manny is Mack's marionette. Time to cut the strings. If we were to lose two, I'd hope we lose to a lesser team but show we can beat UNC.

We have demonstrably more talent than everyone else on our schedule.

Advertisement
So here’s how I’m breaking down the voting groups. No offense intended:

View attachment 145520View attachment 145521
Full disclosure I voted for group 2 because when I read group 3 I thought “a 17 point loss to Bama and 6 point loss to Clemson” were the close scores 😂. So I overlooked the “close in losses” of group 2.

In any event, as I posted last night I see us losing 3 games but don’t know which the 3rd one will be just know it can’t be FSPOO or UNC. Can’t really call it progress if Manny’s Daddy Mac keeps bending him over his lap and spanking him. These are my expectations for an acceptable season but I think the powers that be are much lower. He would have to go 7-5 or 8-4 with some really embarrassing losses for him not to be back the following season, 10-3 and they will extend him.

I want Mack Brown’s head on a ****** stake in the middle of Kenan Memorial.

If we lose that game I’m done with Manny for good.

IDGAF what the circumstances are, we better beat UNC, no ****** excuses.
So are you going with Group 2 - nothing worse than close losses to Bama and Clemson or Group 3 - nothing worse than a 17 point loss to Bama and a 6 point loss to Clemson?

Full disclosure I voted for group 2 because when I read group 3 I thought “a 17 point loss to Bama and 6 point loss to Clemson” were the close scores 😂. So I overlooked the “close in losses” of group 2.

In any event, as I posted last night I see us losing 3 games but don’t know which the 3rd one will be just know it can’t be FSPOO or UNC. Can’t really call it progress if Manny’s Daddy Mac keeps bending him over his lap and spanking him. These are my expectations for an acceptable season but I think the powers that be are much lower. He would have to go 7-5 or 8-4 with some really embarrassing losses for him not to be back the following season, 10-3 and they will extend him.
So you’re good with Group 3 then and that’s good. People can caveat and clarify things in here. Btw, did you do Jaguar stuff or Jaco stuff? I’ve never been there.

Everyone needs to acknowledge the fact that manny will get another year with anything over a .500 record. I know Most fans say 10 wins minimum or manny should be fired, but it doesn’t matter what fans think. James is gutless and isnt up to another coaching search
The OP isn’t asking what you think Flake James will do. We know the answer to that. The question is asking what you think should be dkne. What a better AD would do. What you would do.

Advertisement
I’m not sure it’s so straight and easy for me. At the end of the day, it all comes down to wins and losses, but how do we look in them? Is it like 2017? Are we dominating the teams we should? Are penalties and mental mistakes down?

Outside of about three teams college football has become a survive and advance game.

Boarcane said:
Some of you thinking we won’t be great this upcoming season are going to have to eat ****. I won’t be here to see it the way I’d most enjoy, because I’ll be busy living my best life. When it’s over, the season, I do believe you’ll have a great opportunity to reevaluate all of your poor life decisions. Let me be the first to congratulate you, if you found that the glass that you always believe is half empty, is actually full. It’s liberating. Good luck and I truly hope you learn from this. 🙌 We’re Back

I understand the metaphor of a glass being half empty or half full, because it’s the same glass of water either way, and the question is what your interpretation of it says about you. But if you‘re saying our glass is actually full, I’m at a loss, bro. You must be on the BOT!

You’re doing the stupid Manny hater red herring
thing now? Are you tasked with stirring **** to drum up clicks? I don’t hate your boy Manure. I hate his results as a coach. He seems like a really conscientious guy who likes my alma mater and is probably a lovely guy overall. I’d rather he succeed than fail because it’s what’s best for the program.

My commentary was a general statement regarding where we are as a program when you are apologizing to the coach waterboys for hoping to go 9-3 and losing to a basketball school as if that’s putting too much pressure on poor Manure in his 7th season at UM.

When we allow coaches to lower the bar to the point that we’re happy with not being blown out by the top teams and losing to an 8-5 basketball school it might be time to start raising that bar. It’s a slow decay in standards that is unacceptable.

In any other business, when you have better material than the competition you are expected to beat them. In football, the dopey Low T fans who are more concerned with the feelings of the $4M/year CEO than with holding them accountable for massive failures because they worship the executive (Manure), not the business (UM football).

It’s not expecting too much to own the ******* sorry *** Coastal and not have to hope for UNC to have an off day when we play that mighty juggernaut. Instead of praising a coach for a slight improvement over the horrible product that HE PUT ON THE FIELD, we should have a standard that remains solid and unwavering. Demand that the coaches meet it, not allow them to lower it to gutter level then celebrate them for still coming up short of what the actual standard should be.
He’s not my boy @The Franchise but that’s fine. People like to rip him non-stop and defend him non-stop so what’s the bottom line this year? Here’s the thread where you can choose. I’m assuming you’re probably in Group 2 - Nothing less than close losses to Bama and Clemson? Or are you Group 3 - You can live with a 17 point loss to Bama and a 6 point loss to Clemson. Vote dude. Put it in writing.
Been wondering this with a lot of folks lately...

I mean if that’s the case, cool, but there are times, even with limited spring info that some folks actually like to have semi-serious discussions
What are you even talking about dude? This is a serious discussion right here with a thread and poll I set up. You can vote too since you also are a participant in the Manny debates. Which Group are you in as It relates to acceptable progress for next year? Vote dude. Put it it in writing.

1618161166221.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
So you’re good with Group 3 then and that’s good. People can caveat and clarify things in here. Btw, did you do Jaguar stuff or Jaco stuff? I’ve never been there.
I’ve done the ******* stuff but not familiar with the others. You may be confusing me with someone else although it’s possible I don’t even know where I’ve been recently.

Outside of about three teams college football has become a survive and advance game.
I mean that is fine and well to say but we have played down to our competition for 15 years and generally failed to rise for big games. I agree it is survive and advance, and we even had some of those in 2001. But 2017 it was about every week, and in the last few seasons it was a trend too. You need to dominate and win games handily too. It can’t be every other week.

And more importantly, less penalties, less missed tackles, less drops, less blown blocking assignments, less mental mistakes, etc. That will lead to more comfortable wins.

I’ve done the ******* stuff but not familiar with the others. You may be confusing me with someone else although it’s possible I don’t even know where I’ve been recently.
Bro, your autocorrect for “Jaguar” is “*******”. Lol. What are you typing on your phone? Lol

10-3 or 11-3 is even fine if two things happen.

1. Bama and Clemson game are at least competitive assuming Clemson is even good cause it could be fool's gold like when we beat UF in 2013 or whatever year that was (if they are a bad team who knows) we beat a bad UF team. And we know bama will most likely be elite throughout the year or close to it. It's a well coaches team with superior talent and it's a good measuring stick.

2. We do what I said in 1 and also land studs from our backyard we aren't suppose to land like a Taylor or Williams. If that happens I'm willing to give him one more year so whoever takes over has some pieces to play with. Even though they will hire a scrub again. Again though he has to beat out bama for who they want down here. Letting a Jacorey Brooks go is inexcusable......I know they will put excuses for the staff but there isn't an excuse. U change the kids mind whether it's promises or bags and if u can't then eventually u will have to clean out your desk in the future it's that simple.

Advertisement
Back