What Coach L has meant for the program

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Miami had 14, 20 win seasons in the 68 years before Coach L. L has 8 of them in 12 years.
Miami had 16 postseason appearances (NIT and NIT) in the 68 years before Coach L. L has 8 in 12 years.
Miami had 6 NCAA Tournament appearances in the 68 years before Coach L. If you count this year, L will have 6 in 12 years.
Coach L has over 25% of Miami's all-time wins in only 12 of 80 seasons.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Our Cane family here always wants L fired at the start of every season then make google eyes at him .

GOCANES
Ah no. I will admit that going into 21/22 after 3 consecutive losing seasons, whatever the reasons, he needed to be on the clock with a new AD coming in. He delivered.

This page is fairly measured with the long time posters except during the heat of games. I tend to stay off because it gets silly.

We all appreciate what Jim has meant to this program. No question about that whatsoever.

Its all about getting the players to buy in to what your selling. For the most part, he has done that. This year's team is proof it works.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good post. There are times Coach L has frustrated me but when I think of frank haith or Perry Clark, it could be much worse. So we have been fortunate to some degree.
I’ve had my moments of frustration with him as well but his entire sample size at the U screams successful coach. I’m glad he’s our coach.

Advertisement
Our Cane family here always wants L fired at the start of every season then make google eyes at him .

GOCANES
Start of season-Coach L is too old and needs to retire
end of season=I love having a coach with experience like Coach L

Start of season-Coach L can’t recruit
end of season=but for the Adidas scandal Coach L is a great recruiter.

Advertisement
Back