What Coach L has meant for the program

Advertisement
You think it would be better with HAmilton? I dont.
No. Just coming at it from the point that he had taken the program from nearly nothing to a Sweet 16 contender in the course of a arduous decade:

1990: 9-19
1991: 8-24
1992: 10-17
1993: 7-20
1994: 15-13
1995: 15-13
1996: 16-13
1997: 18-10
1998: 23-7
1999: 23-11

The question would be given the continuity that would be maintained, what was the ceiling for Leonard had he stayed until let's say 2011.

I do think Coach L is the better of the two.

No. Just coming at it from the point that he had taken the program from nearly nothing to a Sweet 16 contender in the course of a arduous decade:

1990: 9-19
1991: 8-24
1992: 10-17
1993: 7-20
1994: 15-13
1995: 15-13
1996: 16-13
1997: 18-10
1998: 23-7
1999: 23-11

The question would be given the continuity that would be maintained, what was the ceiling for Leonard had he stayed until let's say 2011.

I do think Coach L is the better of the two.
Agreed. Thx for your insights!

Advertisement
Good post. There are times Coach L has frustrated me but when I think of frank haith or Perry Clark, it could be much worse. So we have been fortunate to some degree.
Fortunate, "to some degree"????

We lucked the heck out with him. He's a HOF coach, period. If Coach L made us fortunate to some degree, what the **** does being lucky look like?

**** you Michael Jordan for stealing Leonard away. I shudder to think where would be. We were trending way up. Also consensus was we had Ricky P locked up. I love L, was a great hire when we made it, never going to be the glamour guy that gets us national pub. I am not sure why but just doesn't get the credit anymore. George Mason story is long gone. We need a change of conferences to get a boost. I honestly don't get why he can't land an elite PG every class. That tells me a lot. I was a pg, his system would have been my wet dream 40 years ago.
I liked Hamilton, a lot. He made us relevant, and did the same for FSU.

As for Coach L and the Final Four he got to with George Mason, it is relevant again, because he has taken yet another team to the Final Four. That's amazing. It would be like Hamilton taking us and FSU to the Final Four. Neither of which has happened.

When was the Watsco building built, and where did the Canes play prior to that?

(old) Miami Arena.

Before that, the Knight Center (since returning in 1985).

The Knight Center setup:
1680192817209.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
I liked Hamilton, a lot. He made us relevant, and did the same for FSU.

As for Coach L and the Final Four he got to with George Mason, it is relevant again, because he has taken yet another team to the Final Four. That's amazing. It would be like Hamilton taking us and FSU to the Final Four. Neither of which has happened.
Wasn't a knock on L, the guy has achieved a lot and only when we make a deep run does he get any mention. It is very odd. I don't know any other D 1 coaches in any sport that get such little national respect yet has accomplished more than 98% of coaches. I would have loved to play for him.

Advertisement
Lets not make to football mistake... thinking every former star can be a coach
Well on the Eye in the sky they already have Mario on the clock to fire him.

I sure they’ll be coming after L putting him is on thin ice calling for his head soon

Amen - how quickly folks start the whatever the reason garbage. We know what the reason was and you had to be blind not to see it! Great job Coach L! The bond he has with this team , his recruits and portal players , will convince some really good players to come our way!! Well done!

There were posters that wanted L out and basically sided with the FBI and Adidas and dismissed the impact… yet we have people saying the board is “measured”…: 🤣

Advertisement
There were posters that wanted L out and basically sided with the FBI and Adidas and dismissed the impact… yet we have people saying the board is “measured”…: 🤣
The short memory negative Nellie's are way to abundant on this page. When called out they freak. Including mods who threaten to ban paying customers if they pick on them. Smdh.

Advertisement
Back