What are the Bowl Possibilities

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
I'm thinking 7-5 (4-4) or 8-4 (5-3) ...the NC State game lookin tough right now.

At 8-4, what's likely? Could we get that bowl in orlando against Big Ten?

I'm hoping we get a game against a big name school.

Advertisement
Bowl projections are all over the place for us. If we win out I'd expect us in either Orlando or Jacksonville.

Supposedly there's a possibility of playing UGA in our bowl game.

If we go 6-6 or even 7-5 I'd prefer just refusing a bowl bid. Unfortunately I assume the ACC wouldn't allow us to do so.

If we go 6-6 or even 7-5 I'd prefer just refusing a bowl bid. Unfortunately I assume the ACC wouldn't allow us to do so.

Guess you don't like extra money for our athletic program

Not only am I tired of all these trips to the toilet bowl over the last decade, but I also am tired of losing every single bowl ever since Clappy.

Advertisement

Who needs the month of extra practices!

Advertisement

Not only am I tired of all these trips to the toilet bowl over the last decade, but I also am tired of losing every single bowl ever since Clappy.

There are 5 true Frosh currently playing on defense who'll have very important roles for us next year. We need a bowl game as badly as ever.

Just from a fan interest perspective, it would be great to play the Crocs or the Dawgs.

Advertisement
It'll be between the St. Petersburg Bowl, Belk Bowl, Citrus Bowl, Sun Bowl or Taxslayer Bowl.

If we win out and win all our remaining games convincingly then it will either Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando vs big12 team. Russell has the 1st ACC pick after orange bowl. It will be between us, FSU, and U of L in which case it comes down to who travels better.

Most likely the ACCCG will be Clemson vs VATech with Clemson winning and going to the playoffs and Vatech going to the orange bowl as ACC runner up. Next ACC bowl tie-in selection is Russell Athletic so they would most likely take one of 3 schools above. After that it is the Taxslayer bowl in Jacksonville in terms of ACC Picking order and they have a SEC tie in hence the talk about UGA vs UM.

Link
2016-2017 College Football Bowl Tie-Ins For Each Conference | College Football News

Go Canes

Link to ACC bowl Tie In
2016-2017 College Football Bowl Tie-Ins For Each Conference | College Football News

2016-2017 College Football Bowl Tie-Ins For Each Conference

College Football Playoff New Year’s Six Bowls

– Top four teams ranked by the College Football Playoff selection committee to be slotted in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. The two winners to play in the College Football Playoff National Championship in Tampa on January 9th.
– The highest-ranked conference champion from the American Athletic, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West and Sun Belt automatically gets one spot in either the College Football Playoff or in the Cotton Bowl.
– Orange Bowl will be ACC vs. Big Ten, Big 12 or SEC
– Rose Bowl will be Big Ten vs. Pac-12
– Sugar Bowl will be Big 12 vs. SEC

American Athletic

The American Athletic Conference doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowls matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

– Armed Forces Bowl (Navy) vs. Big 12
– AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC
– Marmot Boca Raton Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Miami Beach Bowl vs. MAC
– Military Bowl vs. ACC
– Popeyes Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
– St. Petersburg Bowl vs. ACC

The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with the AutoZone Liberty and Camping World Independence.

ACC

Notre Dame is eligible for any ACC bowl tie-in as long as it’s within one game of the team eligible for the slot, except the Orange Bowl.

The ACC gets a team in the Orange Bowl. It’s the ACC Champion if it’s not in the College Football Playoff. If the ACC plays the Big Ten in the Orange Bowl, the opportunity will be there for another opening in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.

1. Capital One Orange Bowl vs. Big Ten or SEC or Notre Dame
2. Russell Athletic Bowl vs. Big 12

First Tier

– Belk Bowl vs. SEC
– Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. Pac-12
– New Era Pinstripe Bowl vs. Big Ten
– Franklin American Mortgage Music City vs. SEC OR TaxSlayer vs. SEC
It’s one or the other along with the Big Ten. Last year, the ACC played in the Music City, the Big Ten was in the TaxSlayer, so the ACC most likely in the TaxSlayer.

Second Tier

– Camping World Independence Bowl vs. SEC
– Military Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Quick Lane Bowl vs. Big Ten
– St. Petersburg Bowl vs. American

Conditional Tier, if other conferences can’t fill slots

– Birmingham Bowl vs. American or SEC........

Advertisement
Lol, one win in a month and we got women in here thinking ahead to bowl season. Get real people.

Advertisement
Back