What an absolute loser

Advertisement
Shannon's lawsuit never actually went to litigation-it was amicably resolved out of court.

But regardless..Shannon had a right to sue the University because at the time Shannon was the 11th highest paid coach in the ACC !! If you were the 11th highest paid coach in the conference, and your alma mater fires you, and then slow plays the remaining payments on your contract, wouldn't you also sue them?? Now compare that situation/circumstance to the Pastor's. If anything the Pastor was OVERPAID. Thankfully for the program's sake he eventually realized that.

Appreciate what the Pastor did for the program, but let's not act like he was some holy saint or angel. What he did ANY REASONABLE PERSON WOULD DO, whether that person is a Christian or not. Bottom line

Randy didn’t have close to the resume that Richt had and negotiation skills go into play as well.

Stop saying Richt did what any reasonable person would. Nobody walks away from 20 million for one mediocre season. Especially right after giving that team their best season in 15 years

Randy didn’t have close to the resume that Richt had and negotiation skills go into play as well.

Stop saying Richt did what any reasonable person would. Nobody walks away from 20 million for one mediocre season. Especially right after giving that team their best season in 15 years

That's not the reality of the situation. The fact is Shannon was SEVERELY UNDERPAID even in relation to other 1st time head coaches at the time.

You don't know whether a reasonable person wouldn't walk away from 20 million dollars because it's never happened before. As I stated in my earlier post there has NEVER been a situation where an alumi head coach has held the university that they attended hostage, and placed them into a severe financial bind. I want you to understand 1 thing-had the Pastor not walked away from that contract, he would have literally killed this program. Things would've gotten so bad & toxic, that it would've put the Clemson 58-0 loss to shame.

Last edited:
I mean he predicted a win... most people don’t give us a chance.

That sour grape narcissist also walked away from 20 million because he knew he couldn’t turn it around while most would have collected their money saying the could fix it
This. ******** like Golden still sued the university wanting more $$$.

Pastor did good for the 3 seasons he was here, we were #2 in the nation in 2017 (24 hours away from #1 if we don't lose to Pitt), donated $1 million of his own money for the IPF and wouldn't fire his own son to save his ***.

Advertisement
Mark Richt quit. You cannot simultaneously think he was a good coach, and he saved us money. No money was owed under his contract for quitting. You can think he sucked, and be glad he quit. But then why try to dress it up from there?

Mark Richt quit. You cannot simultaneously think he was a good coach, and he saved us money. No money was owed under his contract for quitting. You can think he sucked, and be glad he quit. But then why try to dress it up from there?

Golden sucked and didn’t quit. failing coaches will stay until you’re forced to fire them so they can get all the money they can

Mark Richt on WQAM about who wins Saturday’s game: “16-13 Canes. Bubba Baxa 47-yard field goal off the left hash as the clock expires.”

Mind you same guy picked UVA to win the costal.

Sour grapes narcissist who wishes nothing but the worst for us. Thank god he high tailed it out of here what a joke he was.
giphy - 2019-07-25T154706.742.gif

Advertisement
You can say something to the effect that ‘he’s a good guy for quitting ... because he sucked.’

But then do not try to tell us he did not suck.

But even that is debatable, because aren't you suppose to be a "good guy" towards your alma mater? Until I see a former alum head coach actually put their school into a precarious financial predicament, I will continue to believe what he did was normal & expected.

Last edited:
But even that is debatable, because aren't you suppose to be a "good guy" towards your alma mater? Until I see a former alum head coach actually put their school into a precarious financial predicament, I will continue to believe what he did was normal & expected.

newsflash, it isnt normal for anyone to walk away from a guaranteed payment with multiple years left.

I don't get it. He's not allowed to pick us to win and UVA to win the Coastal? I get not liking the fact that he picked UVA but if it's his opinion what's the problem?

There is no problem. There are just a bunch of teenage girls on this site.

I agree, except for some reason I like to remember Doritos running the defense. There’s a certain horrible/hilarious-ness to it mixed with a car wreck you can’t turn away from.
That clown flipping through a hundred play sheets, while the offense is lined up and the defense is just staring at him will never leave my mind. WTF

Advertisement
wishes nothing but the worst for us? wtf? lol i was all on board the 'fu*k this guy, that is the worst coached season i've ever seen in my life' train, but that's a little much. he left money on the table and resigned for the betterment of the program.

guy needed a break, came down here to collect a check and didn't put in the work. but he loves the U

Last edited:
but I believe MOST people would walk away from that type of contract, if it meant not holding the university they attended hostage.
Most people would walk away from $20 millions to give back to a billionaire institution? Sure. He didn't force anyone one to give him the contract, he got paid what the market said he deserved it.

Advertisement
this guy pretty much got IPF done and resigned and didnt request or sue the university for millions which was his money regardless. best of luck to you coach richt

yeah, but he picked UVA so all that other stuff is meaningless.

You admit that it’s never been done before, ever, yet you also think what he did was “normal and expected”. You also fail to acknowledge that Randy was in the same position and milked the U for as much cash as possible. You must not remember when that happened.

Advertisement
Back