What am I missing?

Advertisement
Where’s the horseshīt?

I’ll tell you.

Read closely.

Because someone does well on a practice field is no guarantee that they do well in a real game. True enough.

But to to think that someone that does worse than Rosier on the practice field will somehow do better, is an even bigger load of horseshlt. It defies your own logic, bud.

That’s about as stupid as it gets. Next time, think things through a little better.

If they can pass Rosier in the summer, they deserve to start. But it’s on them.

If as much **** came out urass as comes out of your mouth, you'd have **** yourself to death years ago.

You're really obnoxious with your know-it-all condescending BS.

Take a reading comprehension before you go blowing off your contrived drivel. You have no logic in you.

When I say a Greentree All-American doesn't equate to game excellence - that doesn't automatically translate to the opposite - a ****poor performer on Greentree will on gameday be an All-American.

I bet you are your proctologists' favorite patient, with the relative ease you're able to reach around and pull **** out urass.

Reading comprehension: it's a GOOD thing.

1. N'kosi has been on campus for 11 months and therefore should be an All-American. His 44% completion percentage in scrimmages, is not equal to Rosier's 47% completion percentage in our top games.

Reg, if you really take the time to read what I say, you’ll see that I am ten times harder on Perry’s fans as I am N’Kosi himself, and this part here is a main reason why.

Every **** one of them, at one time or another, has justified benching Rosier and rolling with Perry for no other reason than Rosier’s hit a ceiling and accuracy is something you either have or you don’t. Yet when Kosi goes out and puts up a 38% or 42% performance in a no contact, 2 hand touch, scripted scrimmage I’m supposed to excuse that because he’s only been here 11 months. Yet Rosier gets no credit for the +60% games he had, and he gets not excuse for the team falling apart around him as the season wore on.

It’s a double standard, and a double standard will always lead you to a double answer: whatever bull**** you wanted it to lead to. The truth is that both guys have the ability to get better. Learning the system and being able to anticipate the target as well as the defender is 90% of what defines accuracy at this level. Rosier is a two sport athlete at a major D1 college. Whether you think he deserves to be here or not, I refuse to believe he got to this point without someone noticing that he can’t throw. There is a reason coaches don’t ask a guy to throw a few balls and be, “Well he was only 3 of 6. Looks like this one’s defective. NEXT!”

Does either man have enough time to get their game together before Jarron passes them up? Does Jarron look as good once he’s taken a shot and has to get up looking out his ear hole? Can Kosi or Jarron hold their **** together in the 4th and put together a game winning drive? When you’ve played like *** all day, who can best put it behind them and be a leader for the team when it matters most?

These are the questions we need answers to.

Last edited:
williams didn’t play against first or second team defense! I’ll like to see him against those dlineman and corner!! He would have no time to throw against those dends rusulting in bad completion percentage also!! QB’s had no time to throw what don’t y’all understand about that?

From what I've read on this site as well as others, since yesterdays game, it felt like Perry was out of this race and has thus turned into a potential transfer candidate. WTF? ?
Think it's Weldon, not Perry, who might be a logical xsfer candidate if he can't move up the depth chart this Summer (and that seems unlikely right now).

Advertisement
Reg, if you really take the time to read what I say, you’ll see that I am ten times harder on Perry’s fans as I am N’Kosi himself, and this part here is a main reason why.

Every **** one of them, at one time or another, has justified benching Rosier and rolling with Perry for no other reason than Rosier’s hit a ceiling and accuracy is something you either have or you don’t. Yet when Kosi goes out and puts up a 38% or 42% performance in a no contact, 2 hand touch, scripted scrimmage I’m supposed to excuse that because he’s only been here 11 months. Yet Rosier gets no credit for the +60% games he had, and he gets not excuse for the team falling apart around him as the season wore on.

It’s a double standard, and a double standard will always lead you to a double answer: whatever bull**** you wanted it to lead to. The truth is that both guys have the ability to get better. Learning the system and being able to anticipate the target as well as the defender is 90% of what defines accuracy at this level. Rosier is a two sport athlete at a major D1 college. Whether you think he deserves to be here or not, I refuse to believe he got to this point without someone noticing that he can’t throw. There is a reason coaches don’t ask a guy to throw a few balls and be, “Well he was only 3 of 6. Looks like this one’s defective. NEXT!”

Do either man have enough time to get their game together before Jarron passes them up? Does Jarron look as good once he’s taken a shot or two? Can Kosi or Jarron hold their **** together in the 4th and put together a game winning drive? When you’ve played like *** all day, who can best put it behind them and be a leader for the team when it matters most?

These are the questions we need answers to.
I am not sure if you're addressing me in your post or not, but it feels as though you are addressing me, so I will address you directly as well. Let's get to addressing some ****!

First and foremost, at no point did I mention you, or anyone else for that matter, in my post. However you felt the need to write a dissertation in efforts of defending your constant criticism of Perry. Agenda, perhaps?

Secondly, you mentioned that you are "ten times harder on Perry's fans." I am a Miami fan, which means I am a fan of any player that dawn's the orange and green uniform. Do I prefer some players to see the field more than others, of course. Those two thoughts are not mutually exclusive. My guess, is people that are excited about Perry are excited because they are Miami fans and they feel as though Perry would give Miami a better shot at accomplishing "Miami Things" (championships), than the encumbent QB.

It feels as though you are are practicing the principles of the Law of Contiguity on anyone that has anything positive to say about Perry. You figure if you say something negative about him every time someone mentions his name, then eventually we will all associate negativity when we hear or see the word Perry. Your obsession with attacking "Perry Fans" is well documented and therefore duly noted. Considering as much, you don't have to hijack every thread with your agenda.

The only way we'll know for sure which one is best for leading us this year is for both QBs to play in actual games. Preferably against the same opponent. Otherwise, we're all just blowing smoke.

In truth, some people are better practice players and some are better during an actual game. Of course, some do both well and of course, that is optimal. Whether you agree with that or not, anyone that's played will tell you That's a fact.

I remember Jerry Rice and his relatively slow 4.7/40 WR speed time. Yet no one ever ran down Jerry Rice from behind....NO ONE. I was fortunate to see Allen Iverson practice @ St. Joseph's gym on many occasions and live during games at the Spectrum. It was always night and day. You would never start him based on his practices. But no one on that team was better in games.

That being said, to date, we've only seen Rosier in games. We have actual visible proof of his game abilities, both the good and the bad. So yes, people can make judgements based on what they've seen.

To date, we've yet to see Perry or Williams in actual games. Until that happens we won't actually know how well they'll do under actual game conditions. Hopefully that will change this year.

Most people here, in truth, really could care less about who starts as long as we win. But you've also have to admit that most people here that have seen our games last year KNOW for a fact that we've got to get much better at that QB position IF we're going to go further in the playoffs and avoid so many close games against weaker opponents.

The mere fact that a 5yr Senior is only marginally ahead of two frosh is in itself both a reason for concern ....and a reason for pleasure. At least, this year CMR will have the option to switch without a big drop off in production should he choose to do so. Then we will actually see if our RS frosh and our brand new frosh have the actual goods.

Either way, I feel much better about this season :) knowing that we have some actual options at QB should anything go wrong and I'm willing to trust CMR to make the best choice for us to win any game that we play this season. Whoever that may be.

Last edited:
The only way we'll know for sure which one is best for leading us this year is for both QBs to play in actual games. Preferably against the same opponent. Otherwise, we're all just blowing smoke.

In truth, some people are better practice players and some are better during an actual game. Of course, some do both well and of course, that is optimal. Whether you agree with that or not, anyone that's played will tell you That's a fact.

I remember Jerry Rice and his relatively slow 4.7/40 WR speed time. Yet no one ever ran down Jerry Rice from behind....NO ONE. I was fortunate to see Allen Iverson practice @ St. Joseph's gym on many occasions and live during games at the Spectrum. It was always night and day. You would never start him based on his practices. But no one on that team was better in games.

That being said, to date, we've only seen Rosier in games. We have actual visible proof of his game abilities, both the good and the bad. So yes, people can make judgements based on what they've seen.

To date, we've yet to see Perry or Williams in actual games. Until that happens we won't actually know how well they'll do under actual game conditions. Hopefully that will change this year.

Most people here, in truth, really could care less about who starts as long as we win. But you've also have to admit that most people here that have seen our games last year KNOW for a fact that we've got to get much better at that QB position IF we're going to go further in the playoffs and avoid so many close games against weaker opponents.

The mere fact that a 5yr Senior is only marginally ahead of two frosh is in itself both a reason for concern ....and a reason for pleasure. At least, this year CMR will have the option to switch without a big drop off in production should he choose to do so. Then we will actually see if our RS frosh and our brand new frosh have the actual goods.

Either way, I feel much better about this season :) knowing that we have some actual options at QB should anything go wrong and I'm willing to trust CMR to make the best choice for us to win any game that we play this season. Whoever that may be.
Very solid post! Could not agree more!

I am not sure if you're addressing me in your post or not, but it feels as though you are addressing me, so I will address you directly as well. Let's get to addressing some ****!

First and foremost, at no point did I mention you, or anyone else for that matter, in my post. However you felt the need to write a dissertation in efforts of defending your constant criticism of Perry. Agenda, perhaps?

Secondly, you mentioned that you are "ten times harder on Perry's fans." I am a Miami fan, which means I am a fan of any player that dawn's the orange and green uniform. Do I prefer some players to see the field more than others, of course. Those two thoughts are not mutually exclusive. My guess, is people that are excited about Perry are excited because they are Miami fans and they feel as though Perry would give Miami a better shot at accomplishing "Miami Things" (championships), than the encumbent QB.

It feels as though you are are practicing the principles of the Law of Contiguity on anyone that has anything positive to say about Perry. You figure if you say something negative about him every time someone mentions his name, then eventually we will all associate negativity when we hear or see the word Perry. Your obsession with attacking "Perry Fans" is well documented and therefore duly noted. Considering as much, you don't have to hijack every thread with your agenda.

here we go.gif

"First and foremost, at no point did I mention you, or anyone else for that matter, in my post." - I'm sorry. I was under the impression that this was an open forum where differing opinions can be discussed. I did not know that when you opened a thread entitled "What am I missing?" that you meant that as a rhetorical question, and didn't really want to hear any opinions outside of your own.

"However you felt the need to write a dissertation in efforts of defending your constant criticism of Perry. Agenda, perhaps?" - MY agenda? Really? Because I've refused to have Perry shoved down my throat to the potential detriment of the entire program I have an agenda? Maybe. If the Perry fan boys had been given their way--not you in particular, but if the shoe fits, wear it--he'd have started last season. Do you think Perry gets us closer to 10-3 or 7-6 last season? My agenda is to see the best possible product on the field. I don't believe in sacrificing games just to give the fan favorite game experience he hasn't earned in practice. If he's good enough to play, he can earn it just like every other QB#1 to run through the smoke.

"Secondly, you mentioned that you are 'ten times harder on Perry's fans.' I am a Miami fan, which means I am a fan of any player that dawn's the orange and green uniform." - Does that include Rosier? I'm just not convinced when one person's accuracy issues are considered a permanent birth defect and another's is excused as drops and bad officiating.

"My guess, is people that are excited about Perry are excited because they are Miami fans and they feel as though Perry would give Miami a better shot at accomplishing "Miami Things" (championships), than the encumbent QB." - And my guess is that these people are not coaches. I don't dismiss Perry's obvious talent no more than I have dismissed Jarron Williams's potential, but to this point it is just that: Potential. Neither player has yet to deliver on their promised potential with enough consistency to unseat Rosier. And that's perfectly fine. Like you said, they just got here. I'm not the one demanding that they be the savior of the program. I want them to be developed into the best possible player they can be so that they either have the opportunity to challenge for the QB#1 spot, or be ready to play at an elite level should QB#2 have to be called off the bench due to illness or injury.

"It feels as though you are are practicing the principles of the Law of Contiguity on anyone that has anything positive to say about Perry. You figure if you say something negative about him every time someone mentions his name, then eventually we will all associate negativity when we hear or see the word Perry." - I rarely ever say anything negative about Perry. If you consider it negging a guy for mentioning that he had a 42% day then we need to shutdown every thread that even tries to mention Malik Rosier and the 2017 losses. I simply ask that the same criteria be applied to both players. I don't think we have to gloss over areas where a player may be deficient and need improvement in order to be considered positive. I've seen people here rip into Shaq Quarterman with his father present on the forum and less people rally around to offer up excuses.

"Considering as much, you don't have to hijack every thread with your agenda." - Tell you what then, next time you open a thread with a question asking for opinions, try to be a little more clear about whether or not you want differing opinions, or just your opinion read back to you.

Ultimately, I respect your opinions and contributions to this forum. Your postings are always well written and well thought out. If I've come off as attacking your opinion rather than enjoying a challenging and lively discussion of differing opinions, that was not my intent. I have no doubt that you want to see the best Miami Hurricanes football team we can possibly field. We simply have a minor difference of opinion on what that team might ultimately look like.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whatever anyone’s personal pet theories are about Rick’s offensive philosophies and how he selects a quarterback to start, what is not in dispute is the following:

* Winning the games is more important to him, in every way possible, than anyone that posts here. That’s not even up for debate

* He has access to 10,000 times more information than anyone here on how well each quarterback implemented what he wanted. We only see the plays in open public scrimmages. Many times, we are not aware, or we miss, certain reads the QBs was supposed to make on a play, checkdowns available and not taken, or keys missed. Additionally, hundreds and hundreds of hours of practice are seen by the coaches and not us, including class time. Only the coaches know how much each QB can effectively implement the playbook and each play.

* Even though Perry and Williams are improving, it’s clear that right now, according to Rick, Rosier is still the leader, though not by a lot (my opinion)

To me, those points are indisputable.

As to what happens from this point forward? Anything is possible.

Rick wants to give himself the best chance to win. If Rosier is ahead of the other two, even if it’s not by a lot, and it’s the week before the LSU game. Then Rosier is the starter.

If that’s his choice, it’s the right choice. Why? Because he wants to win more than anyone else. Your best performing QB gives you your best chance to win.

BOTTOM FŪCKING LINE: the young QB’s have from now until August 1 to get ready to blow a below average QB out of the water. That’s enough time if they’re good enough.

If they can’t get physically and mentally ready to beat him out in the next five months, THEY DON’T DESERVE TO START. End of story. Rosier is below average. But let’s not make excuses for the young guys either.

They have the opportunity of a lifetime and they’re not competing against Tom Brady. If they don’t want to train like Spartans, mentally and physically, and take that job from Rosier, they’re not ready to start vs LSU. End of discussion.

Concur. Very clear that Rosier is on a short lease this fall if he wins the job. Walking into Arlington with a redshirt or true freshman quarterback for their first start is daunting. LSU is going to have a very solid defense. Rosier better play well. Unlike last year with Sherreffs, Richt will pull the trigger quickly. He has some history doing so very early in the season at Georgia.

It's one scrimmage. A lot people making career judgment calls for these young QBs based on one scrimmage and hearsay. Makes me wanna horse laugh (Hateful 8 reference)!!!!

There is a lot of time between now and the LSU game. What happens in Fall camp will determine the pecking order. Think about it. There is only a handful of practices in the Spring. It's a time to learn and grow. Everyone passing judgment as though the game is next week.

Just because a kid hasn't met your unrealistic expectations doesn't make him trash. Sure, Jarren is way ahead of where N'kosi was when he came in. You can fault his high school coaches for that.
N'Kosi been on Campus for about 10 months and he's being compared to the inaccuracy of Rosier despite Rosier being here nearly 4 years.
Rosier is somewhat fair game as he has been here 4 years and had a year as a starter so people want to see if he's made improvement.

Improvement is not linear. People excel at different rates. I agree Jarren is gonna put pressure on N'Kosi and Malik.

Let's just see how it all plays out!!!

If it was one scrimmage I would agree. Its been all spring plus 5 scrimmages and he had accuracy issues in the fall also. Its almost like he hasn't worked at all since the season ended to correct his issues. Well, not almost because we have heard that he hasn't worked on it.

One scrimmage he hit 50% completion and the other 4 have been between 38% and 46%. That isn't even good for an average HS QB. Throw in the fact that he has 4 TDs and 7 INTs and I don't see how the kid ever steps on the field.

I don’t think anyone with a shred of intelligence thinks Perry is out of the race. He is, however, consistently in the 40% range any time they mimic game situations.

I get the slippery stuff and the dynamic stuff and all that. But we can’t win anything with that sort of inaccurate passing.

He needs to get significantly better, or Williams will eat his lunch.

I agree with you but Rosier was completing the same % during the big games at the end of the season. I'm curious how many drops the receivers had with Perry out there. Maybe Williams is the answer because he does seem to be able to complete a higher % we will just have to wait and see on that.

great post

Advertisement
One thing i did notice we looked a lot quicker in our breaks and flow, even with the vanilla plays we called in the game, i said it then and imma say it now williams is the best QB, has great pocket presence and a strong arm, ran the RPO plays perfectly, dropped a dime to Hightower for a TD, lets see what richt does probably will start rosier

That ***** Loose Cannon gets on every thread that involves the QBs and throws as much **** on Perry's name and game as possible. Its ***king irritating. Clearly, he doesn't have an eye for the game or the QB position as far as intangibles, talent, and temperament. If #12 starts in Dallas, then there wasn't an honest, open competition for QB1. Every clip and/or video that has been presented has shown that he looks at best the no.3. Most who attended the spring gm have praised Perry for moving the ball downfield via throwing and with his legs. Scrimmages and spring games are still considered practice in a controlled environment. This is where you want to find out if your receivers will fight for and/or go get a tightly contestant pass downfield. Its where coaches find out if a qb can lead the team and keep the chains moving; what receivers can get separation and make a play on certain routes. Its where you are allowed to make mistakes, build upon and get coached up. Fools on here talking about stats at scrimmages. Gtfoh!!!

Posting 200 times saying the same stupid **** doesn't make a bit of sense. All i hear repeatedly is what CMR coach-speak in an interview or a sermon about a 5th yr sr. being a 11gm winner. Have Loose Cannon watched one practice? Did Loose Cannon attend any scrimmages/spring game? How do Loose Cannon have so much to say when the only thing you're going by is what others say, hs highlights, or minimal clips from spring camp. Do all of us a huge favor and STFU...GO CANES

That ***** Loose Cannon gets on every thread that involves the QBs and throws as much **** on Perry's name and game as possible. Its ***king irritating. Clearly, he doesn't have an eye for the game or the QB position as far as intangibles, talent, and temperament. If #12 starts in Dallas, then there wasn't an honest, open competition for QB1. Every clip and/or video that has been presented has shown that he looks at best the no.3. Most who attended the spring gm have praised Perry for moving the ball downfield via throwing and with his legs. Scrimmages and spring games are still considered practice in a controlled environment. This is where you want to find out if your receivers will fight for and/or go get a tightly contestant pass downfield. Its where coaches find out if a qb can lead the team and keep the chains moving; what receivers can get separation and make a play on certain routes. Its where you are allowed to make mistakes, build upon and get coached up. Fools on here talking about stats at scrimmages. Gtfoh!!!

Posting 200 times saying the same stupid **** doesn't make a bit of sense. All i hear repeatedly is what CMR coach-speak in an interview or a sermon about a 5th yr sr. being a 11gm winner. Have Loose Cannon watched one practice? Did Loose Cannon attend any scrimmages/spring game? How do Loose Cannon have so much to say when the only thing you're going by is what others say, hs highlights, or minimal clips from spring camp. Do all of us a huge favor and STFU...GO CANES

@reg See? This is what I was referring to. If Perry doesn't win, then Richt didn't hold a fair and open competition. There's not even the slightest possibility that you can have a different opinion and know anything about football...including the coaches being paid for their evaluations. This is the rabid fandom I am talking about. Perry's Da Gawd. We've seen enough in 11 months to put the QB competition on ice, and if he doesn't get to start vs. LSU then Richt is a moron and needs to be sent packing.

Advertisement
Boy, a lot of confirmation bias going on around here. But I get it, people will see what they want. I'm willing to give a Qb who's been out of high school for less than a year, and another less than six months time to grow. But again, I get it and the clock is ticking. We see their talent and potential, especially compared to that of Rosier, and want to hurry up and turn over the keys to the kingdom.

My hope is that one of these young bucks will improve to the point where CMR has no choice but to hand them the ball. But until then, let the best man win (unfortunate, that includes Rosier).

Oh and Perry was inaccurate because coaches wanted to see receivers fight for the ball. Can't leave out my favorite excuse to date.

Oh and Perry was inaccurate because coaches wanted to see receivers fight for the ball. Can't leave out my favorite excuse to date.
Dude, don't reword my statements. I prefer my players to make mistakes " in practice" opposed to gameday. Did you even watch the scrimmage; #12 first read to quuck outs, slants, shallow crossing routes. Trying to be super-conservative while taking multiple sacks. Im not trying to bash the guy here, just pointing out that when you go into the filmroom and review, what can coach build upon with that. What did he see on those plays, no receivers downfield with separation, OLine not holding up?. Ijs, give coach something to work with. We can't keep going 3 and out, tiring our defense. They're going to be a fierce bunch but they will need the help of an offense that can sustain drives and move the chains. Im not there just like you're not there so im going to just trust the process. Perry nor Williams should be given anything but an opportunity. Likewise, #12 shouldn't be given anything as well if he has not earned it. I think i read earlier in the thread "that all experience isn't good experience" so be careful throwing that around. I don't want to go into a war of words with you on here so may the best man win and lead us NC6

You were just blaming Perry's release for receivers dropping passes yesterday. You 100% have an agenda, just admit it at this point. If you didn't have an agenda, you wouldn't be ****ting on Perry at every opportunity that presents itself. You mask it as "oh I'm just ****ting on Perry's fans.". Anyone with fully functioning brain cells knows that's bull****. This is a forum so I understand there will be differing opinions about players and coaches but to say you don't have an agenda about Perry is complete nonsense.

Advertisement
Back