What am I missing?

You were just blaming Perry's release for receivers dropping passes yesterday. You 100% have an agenda, just admit it at this point. If you didn't have an agenda, you wouldn't be ****ting on Perry at every opportunity that presents itself. You mask it as "oh I'm just ****ting on Perry's fans.". Anyone with fully functioning brain cells knows that's bull****. This is a forum so I understand there will be differing opinions about players and coaches but to say you don't have an agenda about Perry is complete nonsense.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/cade-weldon.131642/post-3292876

****ting on Perry every chance I get tho... I know it's easier for you all to just write my opinion off as Perry hatred from a person with an agenda. That means you never have to question whether or not your opinion is as rock solid as you'd like to imagine. I have a question for y'all. What is the point of having an anti-Perry agenda? I mean, it can't be because I'm a huge Rosier fan when in the same post I'm criticizing Perry for having an inaccurate day throwing the ball, I'm also praising Jarron Williams for how well he did? So it's obviously not that I have some sort of bias that favors upperclassmen either?

The truth is that I don't have an agenda. YOU DO. Perry's the GOAT. You made your mind up long ago. If I don't agree with you, I'm biased, have an agenda, or just flat don't know football. If Richt don't agree with you, same. Perry doesn't need to complete half his passes because you never really cared about accuracy. You cared about tearing Rosier down because it make's your guy look better. See, what I saw and continue to see on this board is two different standards being applied to three different QB's. Rosier throws for 65% and it's because he played it safe and opted for quick outs and slants. Jarron Williams went for 65% and it's because he didn't have to face the first team defense. N'Kosi Perry goes for 42% and it's because the receivers couldn't catch and the refs called some plays out of bounds that really weren't.

I'm a Perry hater with an agenda if I point out that all three guys were throwing to the same receivers. If they could catch balls from 2 but not the third...maybe it isn't so much on the receivers.

Advertisement
Dude, don't reword my statements. I prefer my players to make mistakes " in practice" opposed to gameday. Did you even watch the scrimmage; #12 first read to quuck outs, slants, shallow crossing routes. Trying to be super-conservative while taking multiple sacks. Im not trying to bash the guy here, just pointing out that when you go into the filmroom and review, what can coach build upon with that. What did he see on those plays, no receivers downfield with separation, OLine not holding up?. Ijs, give coach something to work with. We can't keep going 3 and out, tiring our defense. They're going to be a fierce bunch but they will need the help of an offense that can sustain drives and move the chains. Im not there just like you're not there so im going to just trust the process. Perry nor Williams should be given anything but an opportunity. Likewise, #12 shouldn't be given anything as well if he has not earned it. I think i read earlier in the thread "that all experience isn't good experience" so be careful throwing that around. I don't want to go into a war of words with you on here so may the best man win and lead us NC6

So now you know what the coaches are looking for when they go into the film room and review tape? Then why are we even talking about this? Shouldn't Perry have this thing wrapped up by now?

Why don't you tell me why you think Perry has not been named the starter. I'm genuinely interested to see if you're going to find fault with the coaching staff, or if you can possibly find it within yourself to take an objective look at Perry's performance and see if there's maybe an area or two in which he must improve in order to be a better option than Rosier.

Prudence requires Richt START with Rosier. Last year - Rosier was it.

Rosier starts going three and out a few times - there's no downside to putting in Perry. No downside.

He's going to need to be thrown into the fight sooner or later - so if Rosier isn't getting it done - I fully expect to see Rick change horses.

Again, Rosier is not getting it done - no downside to Perry. Worst he can do is not get it done - but he's getting some licks in.

I sincerely HOPE that Jaren can get a redshirt and really prepare for a stellar redshirt freshman year.

So now you know what the coaches are looking for when they go into the film room and review tape? Then why are we even talking about this? Shouldn't Perry have this thing wrapped up by now?

Why don't you tell me why you think Perry has not been named the starter. I'm genuinely interested to see if you're going to find fault with the coaching staff, or if you can possibly find it within yourself to take an objective look at Perry's performance and see if there's maybe an area or two in which he must improve in order to be a better option than Rosier.
Perry has not been named the starter bc it's spring camp. You don't win jobs in camp. You put yourself in position by showing your growth and capabilities. You build off that momentum and sharpen your craft over the summer. Probably why T. Lawrence showed out in Clemson's spring game and Hunter Johnson looked good as well but dabo says a struggling K. Bryant is still his QB1. Likewise, Tua proved himself in the NC but was QB2 in spring camp behind Hurts before he injured a finger and wont play in their spring game.

Who was UMs QB1 coming out of spring last year? There were 3 prospects and one with game exp...waiting. Your argument is invalid and not worth the attention. Agree to disagree, keep it moving.

Perry has not been named the starter bc it's spring camp. You don't win jobs in camp. You put yourself in position by showing your growth and capabilities. You build off that momentum and sharpen your craft over the summer. Probably why T. Lawrence showed out in Clemson's spring game and Hunter Johnson looked good as well but dabo says a struggling K. Bryant is still his QB1. Likewise, Tua proved himself in the NC but was QB2 in spring camp behind Hurts before he injured a finger and wont play in their spring game.

Who was UMs QB1 coming out of spring last year? There were 3 prospects and one with game exp...waiting. Your argument is invalid and not worth the attention. Agree to disagree, keep it moving.
No I actually agree with this for the most part, and I've said as much for anyone who wanted to listen. Perry's immensely talented and I think he and Jarron both have a legit shot at the job when fall rolls around. But whatever your thoughts on Rosier, the team accomplished a lot with him under center this past season, and I think for N'Kosi or Jarron to win the job they're going to have to make a very strong case for Richt to be able to bring to the people who were happy to finally get that Coastal trophy and who were happy to get that first 10 win--let's be real, I count 2017 as an 11 win season--season in a very long time. I just don't buy that either of them have done that yet. I've never said that they can't or implied that they won't.

Advertisement
View attachment 59455

"First and foremost, at no point did I mention you, or anyone else for that matter, in my post." - I'm sorry. I was under the impression that this was an open forum where differing opinions can be discussed. I did not know that when you opened a thread entitled "What am I missing?" that you meant that as a rhetorical question, and didn't really want to hear any opinions outside of your own.

"However you felt the need to write a dissertation in efforts of defending your constant criticism of Perry. Agenda, perhaps?" - MY agenda? Really? Because I've refused to have Perry shoved down my throat to the potential detriment of the entire program I have an agenda? Maybe. If the Perry fan boys had been given their way--not you in particular, but if the shoe fits, wear it--he'd have started last season. Do you think Perry gets us closer to 10-3 or 7-6 last season? My agenda is to see the best possible product on the field. I don't believe in sacrificing games just to give the fan favorite game experience he hasn't earned in practice. If he's good enough to play, he can earn it just like every other QB#1 to run through the smoke.

"Secondly, you mentioned that you are 'ten times harder on Perry's fans.' I am a Miami fan, which means I am a fan of any player that dawn's the orange and green uniform." - Does that include Rosier? I'm just not convinced when one person's accuracy issues are considered a permanent birth defect and another's is excused as drops and bad officiating.

"My guess, is people that are excited about Perry are excited because they are Miami fans and they feel as though Perry would give Miami a better shot at accomplishing "Miami Things" (championships), than the encumbent QB." - And my guess is that these people are not coaches. I don't dismiss Perry's obvious talent no more than I have dismissed Jarron Williams's potential, but to this point it is just that: Potential. Neither player has yet to deliver on their promised potential with enough consistency to unseat Rosier. And that's perfectly fine. Like you said, they just got here. I'm not the one demanding that they be the savior of the program. I want them to be developed into the best possible player they can be so that they either have the opportunity to challenge for the QB#1 spot, or be ready to play at an elite level should QB#2 have to be called off the bench due to illness or injury.

"It feels as though you are are practicing the principles of the Law of Contiguity on anyone that has anything positive to say about Perry. You figure if you say something negative about him every time someone mentions his name, then eventually we will all associate negativity when we hear or see the word Perry." - I rarely ever say anything negative about Perry. If you consider it negging a guy for mentioning that he had a 42% day then we need to shutdown every thread that even tries to mention Malik Rosier and the 2017 losses. I simply ask that the same criteria be applied to both players. I don't think we have to gloss over areas where a player may be deficient and need improvement in order to be considered positive. I've seen people here rip into Shaq Quarterman with his father present on the forum and less people rally around to offer up excuses.

"Considering as much, you don't have to hijack every thread with your agenda." - Tell you what then, next time you open a thread with a question asking for opinions, try to be a little more clear about whether or not you want differing opinions, or just your opinion read back to you.

Ultimately, I respect your opinions and contributions to this forum. Your postings are always well written and well thought out. If I've come off as attacking your opinion rather than enjoying a challenging and lively discussion of differing opinions, that was not my intent. I have no doubt that you want to see the best Miami Hurricanes football team we can possibly field. We simply have a minor difference of opinion on what that team might ultimately look like.
In can be man enough to admit I may have jumped to an conclusion, saying that you had an agenda. I rushed to judgement quicker than an Atlanta stripper rushing to get *** implants. No ***, no cash!

When I went back and read my own post, one could conclude that I am pro Perry with my own agenda, in which the truth is I am pro Miami with no agenda.
We clearly just have a difference of opinion regarding our evaluations on Perry. The irony of it all, is whether it's mine or yours, our evaluations don't mean jack ****, in the grand scheme of things. Lol

In can be man enough to admit I may have jumped to an conclusion, saying that you had an agenda. I rushed to judgement quicker than an Atlanta stripper rushing to get *** implants. No ***, no cash!

When I went back and read my own post, one could conclude that I am pro Perry with my own agenda, in which the truth is I am pro Miami with no agenda.
We clearly just have a difference of opinion regarding our evaluations on Perry. The irony of it all, is whether it's mine or yours, our evaluations don't mean jack ****, in the grand scheme of things. Lol
fist bump.png

Advertisement
Some hard lessons might get learned this season.

Apparently, Rosier is the only QB that can ever win a game at Miami & we'll never have another 10 wins season again unless he's the QB. Hopefully we can get a petition going for the NCAA to grant him an additional 4 years of eligibility.

People that think it's impossible for a Red Frosh or TF QB to come in & be successful must not pay any attention to college football in general because it literally happens more & more every single year & has been for the last decade or so. And for people who keep making that experience argument wtf are we gonna do next year when all of our QB's will be young guys with little to no live game experience?

The problem is, we're stuck with betting the house on a 5th year Senior because for whatever reason we won't adjust the offense to better suit the skills of the guys who could make us better overall. I don't hate Rosier at all, I just don't think he's a good QB, but at the end of the day Richt is gonna stick with him.

Maybe Rosier proves us wrong & plays much better than he did last year, I would have no problem holding that L & eating crow if that happens. All I know is, if Rosier stinks up the joint vs LSU everyone will be calling for JW or Perry, but then that would defeat the purpose of starting Rosier in the first place.
I wrote this on April 15th...

👀

Advertisement
Back