What am I missing?

I think it is very obvious due to it being LSU Rosier will start and then when he starts playing poorly down the road Perry will become the man. Williams ain't startin this season though he is future and will replace Perry IMO.

Advertisement
I think it is very obvious due to it being LSU Rosier will start and then when he starts playing poorly down the road Perry will become the man. Williams ain't startin this season though he is future and will replace Perry IMO.

If Richt feels Williams is better than Perry, he will be the first off the bench. I do not see him holding back the better QB to save his shirt.

The key phrase in all of these comments is "The only reason Jarren Williams is behind Perry is because he has only been on campus a few weeks" Let's see where we are by the middle of August...

Who said any different, all experience ain’t good experience clearly
I believe it’s clear by you posting Rosier’s completion percentages to end the 2017 season in response to myself and others who stated that Perry has yet to go over 50% passing in 6 or 7 scrimmage opportunities, that you were trying to imply that Perry’s poor performance in 2 hand touch scripted exhibitions is comparable to Rosier’s performance in live action play against some of the NCAA’s top tier competition.

But perhaps I’m way off base.

Advertisement
Considered a fairly conservative guy, Nick Saban of all people played a true freshman quarterback two years ago and this year in the NC. If a player is better than the experienced guy, give him a chance.

If Mark truly wants a fair and impartial quarterback competition Perry and Williams need to run with the 1's. Give the coaches an apples to apples comparison. They know what Malik can do with the 1's , allow the other two a chance.

If they don't then you've basically pigeon holed Blowsier as the starter and are just blowing smoke up people's asses.

Im really starting to think the people who want Williams or Perry to start so badly are bc they can take comfort in losses by saying “we had a young Qb”, and kick the can down the road.

If Perry isnt the guy this year, then Richt massively ****ed up his evaluation and roster management.

A 2-star baseball player and a true freshman shouldnt be your only options after three years as HC.

Considered a fairly conservative guy, Nick Saban of all people played a true freshman quarterback two years ago and this year in the NC. If a player is better than the experienced guy, give him a chance.

If Mark truly wants a fair and impartial quarterback competition Perry and Williams need to run with the 1's. Give the coaches an apples to apples comparison. They know what Malik can do with the 1's , allow the other two a chance.

If they don't then you've basically pigeon holed Blowsier as the starter and are just blowing smoke up people's asses.
It's called practice for a reason. We practice to get better, not just at QB but at every position. Receivers need to practice with the QB they're most likely to be catching the ball from to establish proper timing. RB's need to practice taking hand offs, fakes, and tosses from the guy most likely to be feeding them the rock. Linemen need to hear cadence and protection assignments/adjustments from the guy most likely to be barking them out come Saturdays in September. Reps with the first team must be earned like everything else. Nobody is owed anything, most of all a "fair" shot.

In this regard @OriginalCanesCanesCanes is dead on. If Rosier is that **** bad, earning playing time shouldn't be that big of a problem. It's right there for the taking. Who wants it?

I heard an interesting take on The Finebaum Show a couple weeks after the NC game. He said something to the effect that Saban always knew he had that kid's arm in his back pocket, but finesse passing game wasn't Bama's style of physical offense. He also was sticking with the guy who brought him there the year before, likely hoping he would start making the throws when the offense needed him to.

When got real clear that wasn't happening in the NC game, he puts in the throwing option freshmen. Either Fienbaum or the guy he was talking to about it, said it wasn't as gutsy a move as everybody was making it. It was more of a half time adjustment.

Advertisement
Im really starting to think the people who want Williams or Perry to start so badly are bc they can take comfort in losses by saying “we had a young Qb”, and kick the can down the road.

If Perry isnt the guy this year, then Richt massively ****ed up his evaluation and roster management.

A 2-star baseball player and a true freshman shouldnt be your only options after three years as HC.
You keep harping on this "by year 3" Richt should be winning a natty diatribe and running it in the ground. He's attempting to overcome 15 years of mediocrity and re-building the "U" brand. Having to re-establish local (and national) HS relationships that were decimated by incompetence for years. As has been stated on here many times, Perry was anointed the savior when he came in because that was Richt's recruit and the other available options were deemed unacceptable. Perry was probably the only available option to Richt because he hadn't had time to establish relationships or make a proper assessment on available QB recruits - probably the most difficult position to assess. Am I anointing Richt? Not yet. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point because he obviously cares deeply about his players, coaches, community, and the "U".

I’m not sure who’s saying or pushing this, certainly not me.

My position is this: a quarterback that can’t beat out Rosier is not capable of leading us to anything greater than Rosier would, and most likely would result in more losses than Rosier would.

I want one of the young bucks with the better arm and more dynamic pocket presence to end up leading this team. But only if he can lead us to more wins than a Rosier can. And if he can’t beat Rosier out in the allotted time remaining, he’s not likely to do it in real games.

The guys behind Rosier have every opportunity to overtake him. They have the physical skills to overtake him. Whether they have the focus, work ethic, and most importantly, the will, to do what’s necessary to accomplish this will be determined in the five months between now and August 1.

It’s literally in their hands.

If they don’t do it, it’s on them. They didn’t step up, and they don’t deserve to start at LSU.

Aw, horse****

I've seen more Greentree All Americans that do so well, throw so accurate, and catch everything near them - but in a real game - they look like crap.

Rosier was IT last year, because he was it.

What you’re missing is Richt doesn’t trust the other QBs. Richt knows Rosier is at his ceiling and won’t get any better but feels that right now, he’s the safest bet. Unfortunately, we are just going to have to roll with that

So to recap, I started this thread with a simple question- What am I missing? From the much appreciated responses of our CIS faithful, below is what I've gathered thus far.

1. N'kosi has been on campus for 11 months and therefore should be an All-American. His 44% completion percentage in scrimmages, is not equal to Rosier's 47% completion percentage in our top games.

2. Nothing was missed; REG, YOU ARE SPOT ON.
*In my impartial and completely unbiased opinion, this seems to be the most reasonable and logical response.*

3. Start Williams! He's this years N'kosi from last year.

4. Richt is more conservative than a Southern Baptist preacher at a Buford, Alabama "The Right is Right" town hall meeting. He will definitely start Rosier, no matter what!

Advertisement
There are people "in the know" that do not posted on this board. These are guys that have been to multiple practices and every scrimmage. They all say that Williams came in more college ready than Perry and has matched or surpassed Perry in most QB attributes after 2 months in the system. I don't care if he dropped a couple of "dime" passes, he hit on 41% of his passes. Even if you add in drops which happens to every QB, he is still way below average in completion %.
It's one scrimmage. A lot people making career judgment calls for these young QBs based on one scrimmage and hearsay. Makes me wanna horse laugh (Hateful 8 reference)!!!!

There is a lot of time between now and the LSU game. What happens in Fall camp will determine the pecking order. Think about it. There is only a handful of practices in the Spring. It's a time to learn and grow. Everyone passing judgment as though the game is next week.

Just because a kid hasn't met your unrealistic expectations doesn't make him trash. Sure, Jarren is way ahead of where N'kosi was when he came in. You can fault his high school coaches for that.
N'Kosi been on Campus for about 10 months and he's being compared to the inaccuracy of Rosier despite Rosier being here nearly 4 years.
Rosier is somewhat fair game as he has been here 4 years and had a year as a starter so people want to see if he's made improvement.

Improvement is not linear. People excel at different rates. I agree Jarren is gonna put pressure on N'Kosi and Malik.

Let's just see how it all plays out!!!

Aw, horse****

I've seen more Greentree All Americans that do so well, throw so accurate, and catch everything near them - but in a real game - they look like crap.

Rosier was IT last year, because he was it.

Where’s the horseshīt?

I’ll tell you.

Read closely.

Because someone does well on a practice field is no guarantee that they do well in a real game. True enough.

But to to think that someone that does worse than Rosier on the practice field will somehow do better, is an even bigger load of horseshlt. It defies your own logic, bud.

That’s about as stupid as it gets. Next time, think things through a little better.

If they can pass Rosier in the summer, they deserve to start. But it’s on them.

Last edited:

Name another QB of Perry's caliber coming outta HS that wanted to come to UM?

Richt tried to get Fromm at the last minute, but that kid was dead-set on UGA.

Thank God For James Coley, otherwise Richt would've been playing musical chairs with Shirreffs & Allison.

Perry was our best option when Richt took over...period.

Advertisement

Exactly how many 4-5 star QBs should he sign per class?

He had no time to do anything year one, took Perry year two and just signed Williams. One has been through one fall and a partial spring, the other has been here for probably a dozen real practices.

All I know N’Kosi when he connected was throwing dimes and multiple receivers droped passes which is why his completion percentage looked like that but it doesn’t tell the whole story. In addition to that he started off slow 0-6 (not only because of him). He did miss a few passes by overthrowing a few guys but the timing will come better with more reps

Hightower td? Dime
Polendy 30 yard catch? Dime
Hightower 50 yard catch? Dime
Langham 40 yard catch? Really good pass

Probably put too much heat on it but he
threw a ball to Jeff Thomas in which he would have scored but he dropped it too

Threw an absolute strike of a throw after evading at least 4 defenders of the first team dline that was 20 yards long but probably 40 yards distance wise considering where he was at on the field.
Kosi easily had the best throws of any of the qbs followed by Williams

In addition to that he wasn’t taking sacks and was extending drives
This post ? Dime
Thanks Brock

Name another QB of Perry's caliber coming outta HS that wanted to come to UM?

Richt tried to get Fromm at the last minute, but that kid was dead-set on UGA.

Thank God For James Coley, otherwise Richt would've been playing musical chairs with Shirreffs & Allison.

Perry was our best option when Richt took over...period.

You can thank Coley for initially recruiting him, but he decommitted in the fall of 2015 and stayed decommitted until Rick got him back, either in Jan or Feb of 2016.

Advertisement
Back