What am I missing?

Why do people have to be labeled bashers or slurpers?

Why can't someone just have an objective opinion after **** near 50 years alive on this earth following the Canes?

He was asking for the objective part. What do you think Richt is doing wrong? We’re winning more, recruiting better, improving facilities. I’m not sure how you think this isn’t the best coaching staff we’ve had in decades.

Advertisement
Whatever anyone’s personal pet theories are about Rick’s offensive philosophies and how he selects a quarterback to start, what is not in dispute is the following:

* Winning the games is more important to him, in every way possible, than anyone that posts here. That’s not even up for debate

* He has access to 10,000 times more information than anyone here on how well each quarterback implemented what he wanted. We only see the plays in open public scrimmages. Many times, we are not aware, or we miss, certain reads the QBs was supposed to make on a play, checkdowns available and not taken, or keys missed. Additionally, hundreds and hundreds of hours of practice are seen by the coaches and not us, including class time. Only the coaches know how much each QB can effectively implement the playbook and each play.

* Even though Perry and Williams are improving, it’s clear that right now, according to Rick, Rosier is still the leader, though not by a lot (my opinion)

To me, those points are indisputable.

As to what happens from this point forward? Anything is possible.

Rick wants to give himself the best chance to win. If Rosier is ahead of the other two, even if it’s not by a lot, and it’s the week before the LSU game. Then Rosier is the starter.

If that’s his choice, it’s the right choice. Why? Because he wants to win more than anyone else. Your best performing QB gives you your best chance to win.

BOTTOM FŪCKING LINE: the young QB’s have from now until August 1 to get ready to blow a below average QB out of the water. That’s enough time if they’re good enough.

If they can’t get physically and mentally ready to beat him out in the next five months, THEY DON’T DESERVE TO START. End of story. Rosier is below average. But let’s not make excuses for the young guys either.

They have the opportunity of a lifetime and they’re not competing against Tom Brady. If they don’t want to train like Spartans, mentally and physically, and take that job from Rosier, they’re not ready to start vs LSU. End of discussion.

Last edited:
Why do people have to be labeled bashers or slurpers?

Why can't someone just have an objective opinion after **** near 50 years alive on this earth following the Canes?

Because you're opinion is very far from objective when it comes to CMR. You have been very vocal that you don't think CMR is what we need and every single time something doesn't happen right you let people know your "objective opinion." However i don't remember you around to much when things were going well.

I don't want Malik to start any more than most people on here, but to say he runs the program scared is a crock of ish. He doesn't call that fade for the win against that school in the panhandle if he coaches scared. He takes a knee in the middle of the field and plays for overtime.

People can be objective, but you're not.

Whatever anyone’s personal pet theories are about Rick’s offensive philosophies and how he selects a quarterback to start, what is not in dispute is the following:

* Winning the games is more important to him, in every way possible, than anyone that posts here. That’s not even up for debate

* He has access to 10,000 times more information than anyone here on how well each quarterback implemented what he wanted. We only see the plays in open public scrimmages. Many times, we are not aware, or we miss, certain reads the QBs was supposed to make on a play, checkdowns available and not taken, or keys missed. Additionally, hundreds and hundreds of hours of practice are seen by the coaches and not us, including class time. Only the coaches know how much each QB can effectively implement the playbook and each play.

* Even though Perry and Williams are improving, it’s clear that right now, according to Rick, Rosier is still the leader, though not by a lot (my opinion)

To me, those points are indisputable.

As to what happens from this point forward? Anything is possible.

Rick wants to give himself the best chance to win. If Rosier is ahead of the other two, even if it’s not by a lot, and it’s the week before the LSU game. Then Rosier is the starter.

If that’s his choice, it’s the right choice. Why? Because he wants to win more than anyone else. Your best performing QB gives you your best chance to win.

BOTTOM FŪCKING LINE: the young QB’s have from now until August 1 to get ready to blow a below average QB out of the water. That’s enough time if they’re good enough.

If they can’t get physically and mentally ready to beat him out in the next five months, THEY DON’T DESERVE TO START. End of story. Rosier is below average. But let’s not make excuses for the young guys either.

They have the opportunity of a lifetime and they’re not competing against Tom Brady. If they don’t want to train like Spartans, mentally and physically, and take that job from Rosier, they’re not ready to start vs LSU. End of discussion.

****** A! Every point. Right on the money.

Advertisement
Going solely on what I saw at the spring. nobody is out of the running yet. If anything, I think the young guys are further along and better than I thought before seeing them live on Saturday. If anybody is down on N'Kosi, it's because he was the most hot/cold of three. He'd follow up terrible overthrow on a 5 yard pass with an absolutely beautiful dime 20 yards down field. He was definitely the most willing of the three to throw deep go for big chunk plays. I will say he was a bit quick on the trigger when it came to tucking it and running but I believe the coaches would prefer that to taking sacks. I mean pretty much every passing play last season was "if option #1 is covered, tuck it and run". Jarren Williams did seem to make a more concerned effort to go through progressions before running but it was tough for both of them because the line was so bad. Ironically, while I thought that running ability was the Malik Rosier's best atribute, both freshmen QBs are better, more natural runners, so they have that going for them also. I wish I could have seen them work with the first team offense a bit more against the first team defense. They each got a series but not enough to see anything noteworthy.

Rosier will start the season, but you better believe that the leash will tighten up. If he goes on his 1-2 quarter long dry spells then Perry will be right there with no concerns about burning a redshirt.

I don't believe that we can make any conclusions about Rosier's ceiling, Perry's ceiling, Williams' ceiling or anyone's ceiling based on the Spring game.
Richt and his staff see these players in multiple situations in practice and scrimmages and will make their own evaluations, taking into consideration many factors. ( Some variables we may not even know about in the locker room and behind closed doors.)

As others have emphasized the Fall will tell us much more about this competition so we just have to be patient..

I gave my opinion of the current situation and clearly stated why I feel as I do.

Never said that my opinion was developed just based on the Spring game. Never said that CMR has to make a decision now or some later date or that he can't change it. He'll make the decision when he's ready to do so, and if it changes along the way, I'm sure that he'll always put out what he feels is the best option for us to win. I said " None of us are privy to the practices nor can we see the other intangibles CMR is looking for with his QB" . I also said "The problem for CMR to determine is whether our wins and on field performance would also increase with someone other than Rosier. None of us knows."

Bottom line, Its CMR decision to make whenever he wants to make it, and he & the team are the real ones that will have live with the consequences of whatever choice he makes. I have no vested interest in who is selected to be our QB. As a fan, I just want to continue winning and hopefully do better than we did last year.

Advertisement
Because you're opinion is very far from objective when it comes to CMR. You have been very vocal that you don't think CMR is what we need and every single time something doesn't happen right you let people know your "objective opinion." However i don't remember you around to much when things were going well.

I don't want Malik to start any more than most people on here, but to say he runs the program scared is a crock of ish. He doesn't call that fade for the win against that school in the panhandle if he coaches scared. He takes a knee in the middle of the field and plays for overtime.

People can be objective, but you're not.

Or the end of the Syracuse game. That was one of the ballsiest calls to run uptempo there. People would be crying all offseason had we lost that just like they’re STILL crying about the GT onside kick in a game we WON.

Some hard lessons might get learned this season.

Apparently, Rosier is the only QB that can ever win a game at Miami & we'll never have another 10 wins season again unless he's the QB. Hopefully we can get a petition going for the NCAA to grant him an additional 4 years of eligibility.

People that think it's impossible for a Red Frosh or TF QB to come in & be successful must not pay any attention to college football in general because it literally happens more & more every single year & has been for the last decade or so. And for people who keep making that experience argument wtf are we gonna do next year when all of our QB's will be young guys with little to no live game experience?

The problem is, we're stuck with betting the house on a 5th year Senior because for whatever reason we won't adjust the offense to better suit the skills of the guys who could make us better overall. I don't hate Rosier at all, I just don't think he's a good QB, but at the end of the day Richt is gonna stick with him.

Maybe Rosier proves us wrong & plays much better than he did last year, I would have no problem holding that L & eating crow if that happens. All I know is, if Rosier stinks up the joint vs LSU everyone will be calling for JW or Perry, but then that would defeat the purpose of starting Rosier in the first place.

How do you know Richt is gonna stick with Rosier? Because he hasn't switched to one of the guys everybody believes will eventually be better? Unlike everyone else here, I don't know the man's mind, but it seems like he might be open to playing one of the other guys as soon as they prove they're the best we have. One scrimmage does not prove that. And why would you rush to name one of them now? There's no harm in waiting other than it makes fans nervous...and if Richt is worried about that we've got a serious problem.

It's time to chill and see what happens in the fall. This time last year almost nobody thought Richt would start Rosier. Ya know, because he said he wouldn't. That doesn't seem like a man who makes up his mind in the spring and refuses to change it.

Or the end of the Syracuse game. That was one of the ballsiest calls to run uptempo there. People would be crying all offseason had we lost that just like they’re STILL crying about the GT onside kick in a game we WON.

Oh yeah.

I forgot about that.

Going uptempo towards the end of Syracuse was definitely NOT CONSERVATIVE. Quite the opposite. Very unconventional. With the game on the line no less.

But people see what they want to see.

Oh yeah.

I forgot about that.

Going uptempo towards the end of Syracuse was definitely NOT CONSERVATIVE. Quite the opposite. Very unconventional. With the game on the line no less.

But people see what they want to see.

The same "conservative" guy that had a "insert inslut here QB" at FSU and went for the kill.

It's become painfully evident that there are some posters on this site that only live to whine and complain.

Advertisement
Wasn't watching the 4th quarter of the Bethune Cookman game. If Walton was still playing that would've been a mistake. Thought his injury was against Toledo.

He had no business playing late in the Duke game either when he re-injured his ankle. He would’ve been close to 100% and likely never have gotten hurt in the FSU game. The fact that FSU was coming the next week made it completely inexcusable. I was yelling at the TV that game when they handed him the ball up 31-6.

Rosier will start the season, but you better believe that the leash will tighten up. If he goes on his 1-2 quarter long dry spells then Perry will be right there with no concerns about burning a redshirt.
At this point he's not burning the shirt

LOLOL at “there were drops and out of bounds calls”

They guy cant complete over 50% of his passes. Slippery, dynamic, blah blah blah.

Advertisement
What am I missing here? I just watched the spring game, albeit via periscope, but I watched it nevertheless. I am not an offensive guru, nor am I anywhere close to being a QB expert. However, what I do have, is a set of eyes. Regarding yesterdays game, the offense had life, flowed much better, and was more explosive with Perry and/or Williams under center. Perry's wiggle is F'UCKING elite. He also had some absolute dimes to multiple receivers, not to mention the gems that were dropped or declared out of bounds (terrible call). Yes, he missed some easy throws. The one to Burns stands out the most. There is absolutely no excuse for him missing his target on such an easy throw. Ironically enough, Rosier misses that same throw about 3-4 times every F'UCKING game. The point is, N'Kosi moves the chains, whether with his twigs or with his arm.

Williams, is about as calm and collected as any QB that I have seen at Miami in quite some time, regardless of tenure. He gives you the feeling that he is going to hit his target everytime he releases the pill. He is a **** assassin! Like Perry, the offense had a pulse with him under center. I found myself smiling everytime he was under center. My wife jokingly asked me was I watching **** because I looked so happy. I was insulted that she felt that **** could give me the same happiness/satisfaction as seeing a championship caliber QB under center at The U. Jarren Williams > **** Hub!!!

Rosier has played in games before. I will leave it there, because I don't want this to be a roasting session on Malik.

From what I've read on this site as well as others, since yesterdays game, it felt like Perry was out of this race and has thus turned into a potential transfer candidate. WTF? I get that one spring game does not tell the whole story of the entire spring. However, isn't the purpose of the spring game to see how well the players can tranfer what they've learned/practiced on to the field in a "real game" situation? That's a rhetorical question. The other scrimmages are/were on the practice field, with no fans in the stands. Yesterday, was the complete opposite. To me, that should be weighed heavier than everything else that has happened this spring. If not, then what was the f'ucking point of the game.

Yesterday, was at Hard Rock, the super bowl of the spring! Yesterday, Perry and Williams were by far the better QB's, when it mattered the most. So again, what am I missing?

People are down on Kosi because Coach Macho said he wasn't the guy after he watched him for one practice. that spawned the talk of, "I heard Kosi doesn't study the playbook," "kosi doesn't care," blah blah blah. All of that then led to Williams being the next best thing and Kosi should transfer because he'll never play here. People think cause Kosi hasn't been or isn't the second coming of Charlie Ward already that he is a scrub and should be written off.

That's fans today, if you're not great right away you must be ****, because a couple of other kids were able to do it in the last few years. However i was cautiously optimistic with what i saw on those videos. I can bet you CMR walked out of the film room Sunday feeling the same way with what he saw. There were some misses, there were some missed reads, and he took off a little to quickly, but there was a whole lot more good than bad on those videos. The deep ball accuracy was something that had me excited, he's a real threat on the zone read (couple missed reads where he could've kept and gained 25), and i think the whole field is open when he is in there.

Now he needs to learn TOUCH. If he had better touch he completes another couple of passes. The pass to Burns in the flat that people are making a big deal about was the toughest throw, but one he needs to make and will when he learns some touch. **** most of his incompletions could be attributed to touch. He should gain that over the next couple of years. The only other thing he can do is not take off so quickly. I saw a play on the vids where the slot ran the shallow cross, curl on the outside, back to the flats (this is what Charlie Ward and David Greene ate off of in college, this same route). Kosi pulled it down to quickly as the curl was coming buck wide open. He had time to make the throw, but had already made his decision to run. However those things can be coached.

This is a crap take. We're not betting the house on Rosier. Nobody is crowning Rosier just because he won games last season or beat FSU. That's a strawman that keeps getting thrown onto a bonfire every Perry gets a chance in game simulations and goes for around 40%. Nobody is saying Perry shouldn't start because he's a RsFrosh, It's because he's about to lose his grip on the QB#2 spot. And Perry's 40% performances have nothing to do with the fact that Richt won't cater the offence to his skill set, whatever that is.

Rosier is going to start until somebody proves in practice or scrimmages or game simulations that they are better than him--TO RICHT--and rightly so. Right now my money is on Williams being the guy with the best chance to do it. He has the tools to get it done. What ever Rosier is bad at--accuracy mostly--Perry seems to be just as bad, and what Perry is good at--wiggle?--we can get from at least 5 other skill players on the team who's primary job is NOT to get the ball into the hands of better athletes. No fan here should be forced to sit through a 6-7 type season like 2014 while a freshman figures it out. Banners would fly again over Hard Rock. To replace Rosier, you have to know, as opposed to guess, wish, or really really hope, that his replacement gives us a better chance to win, and having something to back that up like say, a scrimmage where he out performed the starter on the stat sheet as well as the eye test would help.

I don't know if y'all are aware of this, but after the game they tally up points to determine who won. They don't measure things like "wiggle" or "flow," and being dynamic on your way to a 11 for 26 (42%) game gets you a big fat L. Yes I know drops happen. But they weren't dropping balls from Rosier or Williams, so it might be worth examining whether Perry's delivery has anything to do with balls being dropped.
You made your entire response about Perry when I wasn't even talking just about him & Spring game stats mean absolutely nothing imo. Allison went 12-16 in last year's Spring scrimmage & still bolted.

The only straw man being pushed is this constant narrative that you guys keep pushing that no other QB is capable of leading us to anything just because he's not 5th year Senior.

But as I said before, some hard lessons could get be learned this season & I hope these guarantees you think we got with Rosier actually happen.

You made your entire response about Perry when I wasn't even talking just about him & Spring game stats mean absolutely nothing imo. Allison went 12-16 in last year's Spring scrimmage & still bolted.

The only straw man being pushed is this constant narrative that you guys keep pushing that no other QB is capable of leading us to anything just because he's not 5th year Senior.

But as I said before, some hard lessons could get be learned this season & I hope these guarantees you think we got with Rosier actually happen.

I’m not sure who’s saying or pushing this, certainly not me.

My position is this: a quarterback that can’t beat out Rosier is not capable of leading us to anything greater than Rosier would, and most likely would result in more losses than Rosier would.

I want one of the young bucks with the better arm and more dynamic pocket presence to end up leading this team. But only if he can lead us to more wins than a Rosier can. And if he can’t beat Rosier out in the allotted time remaining, he’s not likely to do it in real games.

The guys behind Rosier have every opportunity to overtake him. They have the physical skills to overtake him. Whether they have the focus, work ethic, and most importantly, the will, to do what’s necessary to accomplish this will be determined in the five months between now and August 1.

It’s literally in their hands.

If they don’t do it, it’s on them. They didn’t step up, and they don’t deserve to start at LSU.

Advertisement
Back