What am I missing?

You made your entire response about Perry when I wasn't even talking just about him & Spring game stats mean absolutely nothing imo. Allison went 12-16 in last year's Spring scrimmage & still bolted.

The only straw man being pushed is this constant narrative that you guys keep pushing that no other QB is capable of leading us to anything just because he's not 5th year Senior.

But as I said before, some hard lessons could get be learned this season & I hope these guarantees you think we got with Rosier actually happen.
Whatever dude. Nobody has, that I have seen, made the case that Rosier is the only one who gives us a chance for success simply due to how many years he's been in college. That's YOUR straw man and it's the one people keep throwing out there to avoid having to consider that Perry is #2 on the depth chart, closer to #3 than he is #1 due to his poor performances in this and every other scrimmage.

And the reason I made my post about Perry is that I don't see the same problems with Jarron Williams that I see with Perry. Your suggestion that it's Richt's failure to cater his offense to the skillset of his available QBs is really you wishing Richt would adopt a Spread Option Zone/Read offense and completely abandon the Pro-Style offense he's built a career on just because it would benefit Perry, MAYBE. I don't see Richt's offense hindering Williams, though. He seems to be able to operate just fine in this system.

I'm not guaranteeing 10 wins with Rosier this season no more than I would guarantee it's even Rosier that's under center this season. But right now it seems to me that Williams has just as good a chance of dethroning Rosier as Perry does, and either of them are close enough to make it a real race in the fall.

Advertisement
This is a crap take. We're not betting the house on Rosier. Nobody is crowning Rosier just because he won games last season or beat FSU. That's a strawman that keeps getting thrown onto a bonfire every Perry gets a chance in game simulations and goes for around 40%. Nobody is saying Perry shouldn't start because he's a RsFrosh, It's because he's about to lose his grip on the QB#2 spot. And Perry's 40% performances have nothing to do with the fact that Richt won't cater the offence to his skill set, whatever that is.

Rosier is going to start until somebody proves in practice or scrimmages or game simulations that they are better than him--TO RICHT--and rightly so. Right now my money is on Williams being the guy with the best chance to do it. He has the tools to get it done. What ever Rosier is bad at--accuracy mostly--Perry seems to be just as bad, and what Perry is good at--wiggle?--we can get from at least 5 other skill players on the team who's primary job is NOT to get the ball into the hands of better athletes. No fan here should be forced to sit through a 6-7 type season like 2014 while a freshman figures it out. Banners would fly again over Hard Rock. To replace Rosier, you have to know, as opposed to guess, wish, or really really hope, that his replacement gives us a better chance to win, and having something to back that up like say, a scrimmage where he out performed the starter on the stat sheet as well as the eye test would help.

I don't know if y'all are aware of this, but after the game they tally up points to determine who won. They don't measure things like "wiggle" or "flow," and being dynamic on your way to a 11 for 26 (42%) game gets you a big fat L. Yes I know drops happen. But they weren't dropping balls from Rosier or Williams, so it might be worth examining whether Perry's delivery has anything to do with balls being dropped.

LOL LOL LOL now it's Perry's delivery that should be blamed for receivers dropping passes. This is a huge ******* reach and a garbage take altogether.

LOL LOL LOL now it's Perry's delivery that should be blamed for receivers dropping passes. This is a huge ******* reach and a garbage take altogether.
Yeah about 5 people who were there, even quite a few people with favorable dispositions towards Perry said he really blasted some balls in there that may have been caught if he'd took a little mustard off the ball.

Rosier and Jarron were both 9-14 (65%), yet Perry was 11-25 or 26, I've seen it reported both, 44-42%. The prevailing narrative is that Perry's low completion percentage was due to an abnormal number of dropped passes. My question is what changed from Rosier to Perry to Williams? Did Perry throw to different receivers? Did Richt force the receivers to play without gloves in order to make Perry look bad?

Whatever dude. Nobody has, that I have seen, made the case that Rosier is the only one who gives us a chance for success simply due to how many years he's been in college. That's YOUR straw man and it's the one people keep throwing out there to avoid having to consider that Perry is #2 on the depth chart, closer to #3 than he is #1 due to his poor performances in this and every other scrimmage.

And the reason I made my post about Perry is that I don't see the same problems with Jarron Williams that I see with Perry. Your suggestion that it's Richt's failure to cater his offense to the skillset of his available QBs is really you wishing Richt would adopt a Spread Option Zone/Read offense and completely abandon the Pro-Style offense he's built a career on just because it would benefit Perry, MAYBE. I don't see Richt's offense hindering Williams, though. He seems to be able to operate just fine in this system.

I'm not guaranteeing 10 wins with Rosier this season no more than I would guarantee it's even Rosier that's under center this season. But right now it seems to me that Williams has just as good a chance of dethroning Rosier as Perry does, and either of them are close enough to make it a real race in the fall.
I think we should be running a Spread Option because that's the team we have personnel wise. Jarren does fit Richt's RPO better than Perry, but I think he would be even better in the Spread & I feel that way for all 4 of the QB's.

We've struggled in two major areas offensively since 2016, converting 3rd downs & running the ball consistently. Both with Kaaya & Rosier, that to me is an indication that the system is designed more for Boom or Bust plays & not sustaining drives. Based on our personnel, if we were running more of a Spread that would alleviate those problems because it would take pressure of the QB's (any of the 4) shoulders & would open up the field so Defenses can't always crowd the box like they do against us.

And how is it my Straw man when the reason people keep saying Rosier gives us the best chance vs LSU is because he's a proven winner (that's indicating his experience)?

Jarren right now is a far better QB than Perry, but he's still fighting for 2nd place, not because he's not more talented than Rosier, but because he hasn't had the reps to show how he even looks with the 1st team. I don't care if Perry, JW, or even Malik is the starter, I just know what I've seen from the incumbent will be potentially difficult to duplicate again this year if he doesn't drastically improve.

The job of every OC is to develop & prepare the QB's to run the Offense as efficiently as possible, so if at least 2 of our QB's are inaccurate & the highest rated kid will still be 3rd on the depth chart come Fall maybe the system/playbook needs an upgrade?

I think we should be running a Spread Option because that's the team we have personnel wise. Jarren does fit Richt's RPO better than Perry, but I think he would be even better in the Spread & I feel that way for all 4 of the QB's.

We've struggled in two major areas offensively since 2016, converting 3rd downs & running the ball consistently. Both with Kaaya & Rosier, that to me is an indication that the system is designed more for Boom or Bust plays & not sustaining drives. Based on our personnel, if we were running more of a Spread that would alleviate those problems because it would take pressure of the QB's (any of the 4) shoulders & would open up the field so Defenses can't always crowd the box like they do against us.

And how is it my Straw man when the reason people keep saying Rosier gives us the best chance vs LSU is because he's a proven winner (that's indicating his experience)?

Jarren right now is a far better QB than Perry, but he's still fighting for 2nd place, not because he's not more talented than Rosier, but because he hasn't had the reps to show how he even looks with the 1st team. I don't care if Perry, JW, or even Malik is the starter, I just know what I've seen from the incumbent will be potentially difficult to duplicate again this year if he doesn't drastically improve.

The job of every OC is to develop & prepare the QB's to run the Offense as efficiently as possible, so if at least 2 of our QB's are inaccurate & the highest rated kid will still be 3rd on the depth chart come Fall maybe the system/playbook needs an upgrade?
I don't think our inability to convert 3rd downs has as much to do with Richt's system as it does poor o-line play. We didn't just get bad on 3rd downs the last two seasons under Richt. We've ranked in the bottom 5th nationally in that category for 5 seasons in a row.

And while I do agree with you in part regarding personnel, not having a FB really hurt us in short yardage last season. I think this year, replacing Herndon as an inline blocker is going to pose problems. He was very undervalued in that aspect. I think our personnel is moving more towards a Pro Style system than a spread. I think Choc got switched to FB because Richt did not want to wait until the fall to get the team ready for what we plan to run this season.

Advertisement
This doesn't seem to be the traditional pro style offense that Richt ran at Georgia. If the offense doesn't operate at a high level this year early with all of the weapons something needs to change!

This doesn't seem to be the traditional pro style offense that Richt ran at Georgia. If the offense doesn't operate at a high level this year early with all of the weapons something needs to change!
Richt's version of Pro Style is heavily dependent on athletic guards that can pull and operate in space, a full back who can both work the flat as a reliable receiver out of the backfield and seal off backside pursuit on his signature play, the toss sweep--do y'all realize that we have not yet been able to run THE signature Mark Richt play, the one that made household names of countless running backs at UGA due to personnel?

Still waiting for @Loose Cannon and @ThomasM .

Never crowned him to be anything other than agile with good pocket awareness.

Yes, that was obvious to see in one clip against Darrion Owens.

As it shows evident from 100s of eyes this Spring.

Case rested.
And I'm still waiting for Perry to complete over 45% of his attempts in any simulate game situation. More than one clip against a 3rd string LB who transferred out to a group of 5 school, Perry has NEVER gone for over 50%.

Advertisement

Case rested.
You have no case. You never had a case. And I'm still waiting on you to tell me how many points they give QB's for "wiggle."

Case rested.

You don't need to call me out. I've always said Perry was talented, but super raw. And I stand by my comment about one **** clip. Yes, it was a GREAT move, and shows some of his talent. It doesn't show all the other intangibles it takes to be a QB at this level.

As others have pointed out, that 5 second clip showed him "escaping" a decent pocket. According to most accounts, he does that too quickly, so I don't know how that is good pocket awareness. Good pocket awareness isn't escaping the pocket, but rather being comfortable IN the pocket. He's not there yet.

Yeah about 5 people who were there, even quite a few people with favorable dispositions towards Perry said he really blasted some balls in there that may have been caught if he'd took a little mustard off the ball.

Rosier and Jarron were both 9-14 (65%), yet Perry was 11-25 or 26, I've seen it reported both, 44-42%. The prevailing narrative is that Perry's low completion percentage was due to an abnormal number of dropped passes. My question is what changed from Rosier to Perry to Williams? Did Perry throw to different receivers? Did Richt force the receivers to play without gloves in order to make Perry look bad?

40%
50%
38%
46%
42%

These are Perry’s completion % so far in the scrimmages. It’s not drops that caused every scrimmage to be bad. Perry has been below average all spring. He will not be the starter here with those numbers. Unless he changes everything in August, he will be #3 or #4 going into the LSU game.

Advertisement

Come on LCE, Did you watch the videos or are you one of the people who are basing your opinion off of Macho's observations? I like Jarren and what he is going to bring in time, but he is not a "far better QB than Perry." Based on those videos i'll take Perry at 50% completion. 4-5 of those throws are going to be deep throws down the field and at least 1 of them will go for a long TD.

As for your take about the spread option i have to disagree. We might have a Spread passing attack team on O, but we don't have a spread option team IMO. But then again it's all about our Oline. We haven't had a really good one since we had Feliciano and Flowers on our line. We can't line up and get 2 yards consistantly, nevertheless 3-4 on 3rd down when it counts. I think our QBs making the correct read on the zone read 80% of the time would help to be honest, but our oline gets 0 push upfront in the middle. Zero. I said it last year, who wouldv'e thought we wanted to have Alex Gall back? However i think we're getting really strong up the middle, just need some solid tackles

I think we should be running a Spread Option because that's the team we have personnel wise. Jarren does fit Richt's RPO better than Perry, but I think he would be even better in the Spread & I feel that way for all 4 of the QB's.....

That’s your assessment based on minutes of video watching and reading comments of other’s assessments, none of whom have spent hours in practice and in the quarterback room. Jarren is behind N’Kosi now because he’s been on campus for just a few weeks.

It has nothing to do with him being “far better”, an irrelevant assessment this early in the game.

If Williams is going to pass N’Kosi and Rosier, he now has months to do it. To prove to the coaches he deserves it. Same for N’Kosi. Same even for Rosier.

This isn’t darts, politics, or luck of the draw. It’s a complex, testosterone fueled, physical and cerebral exercise in will, endurance, and leadership. Only one of the three will be ahead in this competition by mid August. To be judged by the coaches. That’s who starts against LSU.

40%
50%
38%
46%
42%

These are Perry’s completion % so far in the scrimmages. It’s not drops that caused every scrimmage to be bad. Perry has been below average all spring. He will not be the starter here with those numbers. Unless he changes everything in August, he will be #3 or #4 going into the LSU game.
And these are rosiers stats the last 7 games of the season, tell me why we should just hand him the job?....

Attachments

• 5B5BC998-A3AF-48E5-A15E-8BEECD37B0C2.png
    5B5BC998-A3AF-48E5-A15E-8BEECD37B0C2.png
    486.1 KB · Views: 10
Advertisement
And these are rosiers stats the last 7 games of the season, tell me why we should just hand him the job?....

Did I say that? I don't think I mentioned MR once. I think Jarren is the best QB on the team RIGHT NOW. MR will probably be the starter at the beginning of the season but I fully expect JW to pass him at the first sign of MR faltering.

Did I say that? I don't think I mentioned MR once. I think Jarren is the best QB on the team RIGHT NOW. MR will probably be the starter at the beginning of the season but I fully expect JW to pass him at the first sign of MR faltering.
He’s the most talented and you could see that from his film.

Talent wise
1. Williams
2. Perry
3. Rosier

Truth is Perry made a lot of really good throws, but either drops or out of bounds called made his stats look really bad. He was not perfect but he played much better than Rosier.

Have you used this "Drops or out of bounds" criteria in the past discussing Rosier's accuracy, or just using it now to craft it around your early take?

Fun to see people working the stats but I'm guessing the QB who gives The U the best chance to put up W's, starts. One guy already has put a few up and its his job to loose. I hope all three get better fast.

More than one may be getting some time because if the staff doesn't soon find one of those O-Line combinations they're testing, that actually works, they will all be running for their lives. Hopefully the all get better fast too.

Advertisement
Back