What a world

The answer isn't running more.

That is the problem entirely.

No QB worth a **** will come here. Any offensive player with a shred of sense, recruit or currently on staff, would be smart to head elsewhere.

The staff had this offense humming and then they literally drove it off that high cliff. It's inexcusable.
Mario saw it was becoming too easy to score points and recruit players going into the bye week so he went for a radical change. After all you’re not tUFf and FiZiCAl unless you’re working harder not smarter

Advertisement
TVD's biggest problem is after that 7 game stretch in '21, teams watched film on him. Most of the "guys" here tried to pretend he played perfectly. The flaws he had in '21 are more prevalent now because everyone knows drop 8 in coverage and bracket Restrepo. Give him time in the pocket to stare the defender down and he will hand out gifts all game.
First half of the FSU game up there Is where the kinks in the armor started to show.

Mario saw it was becoming too easy to score points and recruit players going into the bye week so he went for a radical change. After all you’re not tUFf and FiZiCAl unless you’re working harder not smarter

Yup. Builds character and puts hair on your chest.

Out of all of Mario’s flaws in his gameday “approach” this is the most agregious. His “strategy” of running the ball into 8 man boxes and praying that your qb doesn’t turn it over when he throws it - then thinking your kicker is going to be 100% is so beyond flawed it’s insane. How can this ever be a rational approach to football? But here we are. Oregon fans warned us. Some on this board warned us.
This team has 3 losses and two of them fall completely at the feet of Mario, not TVD. Pure insanity.
I do not agree with Mario’s approach, but geez man..

We threw the ball 38 times.
Simple, basic QB execution gets us the win here.
Throw the ball to the corner pylon with a little air where only Jacolby can get it.
Step up into the pocket when you’re standing there for 3.5 seconds because someone… eventually… will be coming around the edge.
Again, on the 3rd and 5 completion to Fletcher at the end…step up in the pocket, don’t panic, to buy yourself another second so you could see X wide open
for the TD.
Two times last night I had to get up in front of my TV on the replay to see exactly how TVD was “sacked”.

I’m not piling on this guy. I’m not making it personal.
Ok, he doesn’t see a guy break open. It happens.
The first 2 examples I gave are, again, simple QB execution.
The trips or whatever…We’ll, I’m of the opinion that you need an athletic QB in the college game. That’s not on him. It’s on who’s starting him.

I don’t like what I see. If we had won, I’d be ****ed at what I’ve been seeing still.
But all I‘ll say is that I disagree with the opinion that TVD‘s play did not contribute, at least in part, to the loss.

I’ll definitely admit I was wrong.

I thought for sure Dawson would do great with TVD & the TAMU game was a preview of what was to come for the rest of the season. I have my theories as to what has happened since then, but either way, it’s been an abject failure.

TVD is broken, mentally & physically. He really can’t do it anymore, like the kid is just all fcked up & wants OUT.

You can see it on his face, he does NOT want to be out there anymore.
Next man up. The only choice there is.

Advertisement
Tough situation for Mario and Dawson. TVD has been dreadful the past several games. Emory proved to be reasonably competent against Clemson and seemed to gain confidence as the game went on. I'm sure that Mario and Dawson wanted to play TVD against NCSU because they felt that TVD would give them the best chance to beat FSU and they wanted him to get the reps. TVD was so bad against NCSU, that it would be hard to have any confidence in him against FSU and this will limit what Dawson can call on offense. Starting Emory is tough because he hasn't played since Clemson and throwing him out there against your biggest rival is not exactly optimal. A lot of people are mentioning Jacurri, but do you really think he is ready to start against FSU? I don't know what the right call is here, and I don't have a lot of confidence that Mario and Dawson do either.

Advertisement
I do not agree with Mario’s approach, but geez man..

We threw the ball 38 times.
Simple, basic QB execution gets us the win here.
Throw the ball to the corner pylon with a little air where only Jacolby can get it.
Step up into the pocket when you’re standing there for 3.5 seconds because someone… eventually… will be coming around the edge.
Again, on the 3rd and 5 completion to Fletcher at the end…step up in the pocket, don’t panic, to buy yourself another second so you could see X wide open
for the TD.
Two times last night I had to get up in front of my TV on the replay to see exactly how TVD was “sacked”.

I’m not piling on this guy. I’m not making it personal.
Ok, he doesn’t see a guy break open. It happens.
The first 2 examples I gave are, again, simple QB execution.
The trips or whatever…We’ll, I’m of the opinion that you need an athletic QB in the college game. That’s not on him. It’s on who’s starting him.

I don’t like what I see. If we had won, I’d be ****ed at what I’ve been seeing still.
But all I‘ll say is that I disagree with the opinion that TVD‘s play did not contribute, at least in part, to the loss.
emory had a higher QBR than travis. let that sink in.

Advertisement
Back