What’s the ceiling of this 2021 recruiting class?

Advertisement
If we don't win 10 or more this year with King/Lashlee and this schedule, Diaz/James better be shown the door and go all in for Cristobal.
It will probably be another uninspiring hire, but like you said 10 win/coastal should be minimal given the circumstances. What do I know I’ve been watching this team underachieve for 15 years plus

Not sure how anyone can speculate how high ranked miami's 2021 class may end up being before we play this season. If Diaz wins 10 or more games, I guarantee we end up with a top 10 class without an outside chance of top 5. After getting Jacolby George, we are ranked around 11 now. Winning is a big reason for Miami's lack of ability to recruit the big fish of late. Most kids want to play for winners.
Cause we’ve seen the last 20 seasons and his first season which was infinitely more atrocious than any of those 20

Advertisement
I don’t see us landing Taylor or Williams. Im still not sold on Savion sticking either. It’s gonna take flipping a big time QB to get us near the top 10. I’m guessing we finish at 15. I hope I’m dead wrong though
Think somewhere between 10-15 which will still be successful.

I think 12-15 is being optimistic. Our committed guys would have to get some major boosts and we would have to have a studly run on the remaining targets to sniff top 8. Over half of our class is already filled up. I think we come in around 14 to 15 if I had to guess.

For a team that finished 6-7 the year before, that would be a monster class.
We finished 13 the year we actually went 6-7. You add 4 more wins to that total and we easily land a top 10 class. Looking back, we recruited **** good considering how dogsh't the program was on the field.

We finished 13 the year we actually went 6-7. You add 4 more wins to that total and we easily land a top 10 class. Looking back, we recruited **** good considering how dogsh't the program was on the field.
I get all that. But we've never been a program that consistently got top ranked classes (except for maybe 2008). A top 10 class for us is a monster class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1000% incorrect. But you’re not gonna start posting stuff that makes sense after all this time, so we understand.

Doesn’t make sense? According to 24/7, our 2019 class was ranked 27th. That was after Richt resigned. Our 2016 class, Miami ranked 22th in the nation, that was after Golden was fired. 2015 was the only year we were outside of top 20 (Miami’s class was ranked 27th in the nation); however, everyone and their mothers knew Golden was all but gone. In 2011, Miami’s class ranked 33rd and that was after Shannon was fired. Since 2010, that’s only 1 class ranked outside of the top 20 without someone getting fired. If Miami is any where near the 20’s then that means Diaz is gone or everyone knows he’ll be gone very soon. Common sense isn’t so common, I guess.

Not sure how anyone can speculate how high ranked miami's 2021 class may end up being before we play this season. If Diaz wins 10 or more games, I guarantee we end up with a top 10 class without an outside chance of top 5. After getting Jacolby George, we are ranked around 11 now. Winning is a big reason for Miami's lack of ability to recruit the big fish of late. Most kids want to play for winners.

I’m in-laws with one of the top players in the state, he’s committed to an sec school now and mentioned the only schools he would consider is Clemson and two other sec schools. Winning helps big time!! He will visit us, but I’m holding my breathe.unless manny tune that thing around this year and show he can develop the players at his position.

Advertisement
By pure ceiling in terms of talent, it could be one of the best classes in recent years, a lot of the kids right now are ranked lower than they should be. A good amount of project type players that will keep increasing rankings until the end, but the Miami effect is going to hold them back a little as 247 automatically bumps down Miami commits. If we win and somehow snag James Williams or Taylor then it's going to be a really good class. Getting Garcia could also be a swaying factor in bringing in some higher ranked kids. If we count transfers as part of our class, Manny could make some magic happen like he did this year with King, Roche, Williams, and Borregales.

Advertisement
Back