What’s the ceiling of this 2021 recruiting class?

Personally I dont Think it will be as good as the 2020 class no matter if we win big or not but it should still be ranked #15 or so. Way too many unknowns in regards to potential recruiting outcomes.

Anyways, I saw Someone on twitter make a crazy comment saying Miami is in position to land a “monster” class. As of now I don’t see it all so I dont Agree with that. Even if we did get some luck I dont See It vaulting Miami Into A top 5 class which is where you can consider something a monster class

Not sure how anyone can speculate how high ranked miami's 2021 class may end up being before we play this season. If Diaz wins 10 or more games, I guarantee we end up with a top 10 class without an outside chance of top 5. After getting Jacolby George, we are ranked around 11 now. Winning is a big reason for Miami's lack of ability to recruit the big fish of late. Most kids want to play for winners.

Advertisement
I think floor is 15....

ceiling taking into account a 10/11 win season can be a #5-8 class
This is correct. Worst case is the 15 range. This will be UM's highest rated class in while and land around the 8-12 range. Though honestly Miami's best classes haven't been those ranked in the top 10 .

Personally I dont Think it will be as good as the 2020 class no matter if we win big or not but it should still be ranked #15 or so. Way too many unknowns in regards to potential recruiting outcomes.

Anyways, I saw Someone on twitter make a crazy comment saying Miami is in position to land a “monster” class. As of now I don’t see it all so I dont Agree with that. Even if we did get some luck I dont See It vaulting Miami Into A top 5 class which is where you can consider something a monster class

Man we pulled that class in 2020 after the ****est season ever so with a great winning season this year top 5 is possible.

take in consideration we now have Lashlee ( he is the key and the difference maker), a much better OL/WR coach and Ed Reed.

I believe we are in contact/playing/considered with more elite talent that we had in previous years. We are recruiting better.

pure speculation here but I also believe we have stepped up the bag game ( not at SEC level) after what we pulled in 2020

So yes Top 5/Monster class could be possible everything align

If we win 10/11 games & get some late flips we'll creep into the top 10 in the 7-10 range.

If we have a decent 8/9 win season we'll stay pat around 12-15.

If we have another disaster 7/6 win season we'll drop out of the top 15.

Winning will help improve our class for 21, idk how significant of an improvement but it will definitely help us a great deal. But what winning & having a good season this year will really help us is for the 22 class. If we win 10 games this year, the 22 class will have insane momentum & possibly be a top 5 type class.

One things for sure, we win big this year & we definitely flipping a big time QB.
Like flipping USC QB commit jake garcia.

Advertisement
If we win 10/11 games & get some late flips we'll creep into the top 10 in the 7-10 range.

Winning will help improve our class for 21, idk how significant of an improvement but it will definitely help us a great deal. But what winning & having a good season this year will really help us is for the 22 class. If we win 10 games this year, the 22 class will have insane momentum & possibly be a top 5 type class.

One things for sure, we win big this year & we definitely flipping a big time QB.
Well said Liberty. It is vital that we coach up and develop these young men to win, and win big in 2020. Not only will it help/save our 2021 class but setup the 2022 class to be huge.

I think we have a floor of a Top 15 class at 8/9 wins. We somehow go 10/11 wins, play in the ACCCG and perform well, plus win a big time bowl game? Well in that dreamland we’ll land a Top 5-7 class. The kids have been waiting patiently for the U to be back, with consistent 10+ win seasons. Manny delivers that with this new high octane offense, watch the kids hopping on board of a winner.

Can’t make a prediction on something that isn’t finished. I’m not a manny basher like some are on here (warranted). But I have to see it first. And you know kids currently committed are probably on the same boat. But the amount of talent locally has to be capitalized on this year. If not for manny’s sake at least for whatever coach takes over. Worst case scenario is he signs a top ten class and shts the bed. Nothing attracts coaches like landing on a team that already has talent. Let’s say we land a top 10 class and manny gets canned. Plenty of coaches would be begging to come here.

If we sign a top 10 class then there is no way Manny is getting fired because that means we have had a good season. No way we sign a top 10 class AND have a season bad enough for Manny to get fired.

Advertisement
I don’t see us landing Taylor or Williams. Im still not sold on Savion sticking either. It’s gonna take flipping a big time QB to get us near the top 10. I’m guessing we finish at 15. I hope I’m dead wrong though

Agree... We hit the 10 win or higher plateau and the 2021 class is Monstrous... Ideal scenario for me is getting to ACCCG game (Would love to win it but I don't think we can beat Clemson) losing in a tough game against Clemson and winning our bowl game in convincing fashion... That would look good in recruits eyes, especially local ones... But as we know the season has to be played and anything can happen ...

Advertisement
Think this will end up being a solid top 15 class, with the potential of maybe top 7-10 if things break right. This staff pulled a borderline top 10 class out of their asses this past cycle coming off 6 wins. With our upcoming schedule and the upgrades on the offensive side of the ball, it'll be interesting to see how thing break if we win 10+ games (which should be our expectation). As is, we've taken very few reaches/developmental guys so at the very worst, it's a high floor group.

QB - TBD based on how King and the offense perform. Decent shot at Garcia or another top QB not currently on the radar
RB - Thad is the best back in FL and Daniels is the best back in Dade County. Would be another stellar haul for Hickson, even if they only take Thad.
WR - George is committed and have to think we land 2 of Brinson, Brashard Smith, Y. Brown, Nabers. A+ class if that comes to fruition.
TE - Brantley and Arroyo would arguably be the best TE recruit group in nation. Great work by Field
OL - Seymore, Rodriguez and McLaughlin is very solid class. Could stand to add another tackle.

DE - Figure Ishmael comes aboard at some point and we add one of Thomas Davis or Sebastian Sagar.
DT - Haye is a nice prospect from a feeder school. Somehow retaining Collins or adding Leonard Taylor would be tremendous, albeit unlikely.
LB - Troutman, Hammett and Tyler Johnson is a good foundational class in a down year locally and across the state.
CB - Curtis is the one question mark in the class so far but like Tim Burns and figure Rumph likely pulls a 4 star late in the cycle (M. Brown or Marshall?)
S - Appear to be trending positively with Kinchins and the longer Williams stays uncommitted, the longer I believe he turns into the Avantae of this class. Could see Collier in play as well if we perform well this season.

Advertisement
Seems to me the most critical positions that will determine how this class ends up is CB and QB. Maybe DE/DT after that? I'm pretty confident we're going to have a good RB/WR/TE haul. Oline is looking good, and maybe just missing one more top guy. LB is okay, but I don't know if there are any real big studs we're in it with..

Best case scenario (10-11 wins) = Top 7-10 class
Worst case scenario (6-7 wins) = Top 16-20 class
Realistic scenario (8-9 wins) = Top 11-15 class

It's crazy how well the top teams recruit! I just added all of our top targets to the class and it just grades out as a top 7-8 class at best compared to previous years :oops:

Last edited:
Best case scenario (10-11 wins) = Top 7-10 class
Worst case scenario (6-7 wins) = Top 16-20 class
Realistic scenario (8-9 wins) = Top 11-15 class

It's crazy how well the top teams recruit! I just added all of our top targets to the class and it just grades out as a top 7-8 class at best compared to previous years :oops:
If we don't win 10 or more this year with King/Lashlee and this schedule, Diaz/James better be shown the door and go all in for Cristobal.

Advertisement
Back