Wesley injured in car crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Miami’s True Freshman Linebacker, Wesley Bissainthe, was reportedly a passenger in a vehicle that was involved in a deadly accident Friday evening on Ives Dairy Rd. Over the past 24 hours reports have been surfacing that Bissainthe was injured in the accident, but it is unclear as to what exactly those injuries are. Discussions online have ranged from him simply needing stitches to him undergoing surgery (or requiring it) on his lower extremity, but neither has been substantiated at this time. The consensus seems to be that he was involved and has been injured."

This is pretty ******* reckless

What the **** kind of reporting is this?

In fairness...if there are conflicting reports...that's actually a fairly well-worded summary. Would it be better to have solid information? Absolutely. I don't know if I would have cited "discussions online", but on the whole, it is not inflammatory and I think it's about as good as we can expect in this new world of instantaneous internet reporting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's definitely a foot. Have no idea of the severity but he's thankfully already out of the hospital. Hopefully everyone else involved that are still alive are as lucky.
As I said this AM ” out for the year reports are presumptuous“. I’ve heard 3-4 months as a possibility but it’s only been one day. Who really knows at this point, it’s a matter of how bad the injury and how it heals. Time will tell.

Last edited:
As I said this AM ” out for the year reports are presumptuous“. I’ve heard 3-4 months as a possibility but it’s only been one day. Who really knows at this point, it’s a matter of how bad the injury and how it heals. Time will tell.
Well, a foot injury that would sideline him for 3-4 months may as well put him out for the whole year. He's a freshman that desparately needs the entire offseason to be hitting the weightroom, and a foot injury is going to prevent him doing the most important lifts necessary for his physical development.

Horrible news in every way. Prayers out to the family who lost their child. ... Last car accident I remember involving Miami players were when Marve, McCarthy and Jermaine McKenzie flipped a car over a decade ago. Fortunately, they all survived and came back from injury okay. But you get in a car accident, it's a flip of the coin, can go either way.

Well, a foot injury that would sideline him for 3-4 months may as well put him out for the whole year. He's a freshman that desparately needs the entire offseason to be hitting the weightroom, and a foot injury is going to prevent him doing the most important lifts necessary for his physical development.
It could be earlier, I’m not comfortable enough discussing the injury but if it’s best case it would be sooner than that. That’s why I say it’s presumptuous.

Saying he’s out for the year is actual bad info and the biggest problem with this stuff. People throw crap out without knowing the actual injury or how serious.

In most cases missing 3-4 months isn’t a big deal, coming back by mid season would be very doable. But could throw a wrench in things with his position of needing weight to get on the field. That’s fair but it still doesn’t mean you say he’s out for the year when a doctor or trainer hasn’t even discussed that.

Its bad business imo and another reason why this stuff should remain private.

Advertisement
It could be earlier, I’m not comfortable enough discussing the injury but if it’s best case it would be sooner than that. That’s why I say it’s presumptuous.

Saying he’s out for the year is actual bad info and the biggest problem with this stuff. People throw crap out without knowing the actual injury or how serious.

In most cases missing 3-4 months isn’t a big deal, coming back by mid season would be very doable. But could throw a wrench in things with his position of needing weight to get on the field. That’s fair but it still doesn’t mean you say he’s out for the year when a doctor or trainer hasn’t even discussed that.

Its bad business imo and another reason why this stuff should remain private.

Yeah, we have some strange fake-doctors on this board, who know better than everyone.

We are talking about 3 months of no contact. Plenty of time to gain weight via nutrition and upper body workouts. People acting like we wouldn't put the best performers on the field, even if they are a little light.

Give me a break. Assuming a successful recovery as currently reported and anticipated, Bissainthe plays this year.

Yeah, we have some strange fake-doctors on this board, who know better than everyone.

We are talking about 3 months of no contact. Plenty of time to gain weight via nutrition and upper body workouts. People acting like we wouldn't put the best performers on the field, even if they are a little light.

Give me a break. Assuming a successful recovery as currently reported and anticipated, Bissainthe plays this year.
Well in fairness to the CIS medical team here, telemedicine has really advanced since they declared King dead in the bowl game - they may now be able to make their evaluations based on rumors. It’s incredible how far they’ve come.

my friend work in the ER - he knows what happened and it was a large cut that required a lot of stitches but no tendor or ligament was severed 10-12 week recovery. He should be fine for season and he probably play mostly on special teams, dont see hm starting, expecially if we get another transfer lb. he woint start pvr two smith, caleb johnson and at first probably behind steed and flagg, probably passed huff already and troutman of course.

Advertisement
"Miami’s True Freshman Linebacker, Wesley Bissainthe, was reportedly a passenger in a vehicle that was involved in a deadly accident Friday evening on Ives Dairy Rd. Over the past 24 hours reports have been surfacing that Bissainthe was injured in the accident, but it is unclear as to what exactly those injuries are. Discussions online have ranged from him simply needing stitches to him undergoing surgery (or requiring it) on his lower extremity, but neither has been substantiated at this time. The consensus seems to be that he was involved and has been injured."

Rather be first that correct smh

my friend work in the ER - he knows what happened and it was a large cut that required a lot of stitches but no tendor or ligament was severed 10-12 week recovery. He should be fine for season and he probably play mostly on special teams, dont see hm starting, expecially if we get another transfer lb. he woint start pvr two smith, caleb johnson and at first probably behind steed and flagg, probably passed huff already and troutman of course.
I appreciate the insight but also feel a little gross that we shouldn’t have this information. Not sure but maybe you should delete

Advertisement
Horrible news in every way. Prayers out to the family who lost their child. ... Last car accident I remember involving Miami players were when Marve, McCarthy and Jermaine McKenzie flipped a car over a decade ago. Fortunately, they all survived and came back from injury okay. But you get in a car accident, it's a flip of the coin, can go either way.
And luckily not as bad as Norton’s accident a couple years ago while he was on the dolphins

Oh ****, I was around that area when that happened if it is the same incident around like 8pm-ish.. There is ALWAYS accidents in that exact area so wasnt anything out of ordinary but remember they had a larger chunk of street blocked off and knew it was something serious.. Dam, prayers/condolences to all involved..

All I will say is what I usually say in these situations.
I will wait until all the facts come out to talk about this allegation.

In the mean time I will pray for him, his family and the family of the motorist allegedly involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back