Wesley Bissainthe: Will he be ready?

he should be better then SS better frame closing speed. modern day linebacker
That's a lot to ask, Spence was a killer, especially as a true FR, but I actually agree & think Wes will be special. He's a utility knife that can be moved around so much, Steele will use him like the James Williams of the front seven. I'm pretty sure he was talking about him when he said "one of our guys is going to be a great one (Jack/WLB) but he's built like a pencil right now", which I talked about in another thread.

I like Steed, Chase & Smith (though I still see him as more of a DB), but I don't see any of them as having the star potential of Bissainthe, who can literally do it all. Fingers crossed that he can contribute big this season like I said in the OP. There's plenty of time for him to pack on weight and muscle & learn Steele's D. I saw him say he was 205 a few months back.

Advertisement
he should be better then SS better frame closing speed. modern day linebacker
**** my man. Let's see what the kid does on the field with that green and orange jersey on before setting those unrealistic expectations. We can only hope he is 75% the beast Spence was. I may also be suffering battered spouse syndrome (who knows).

If he does exceed meet or exceed those expectations... That may lower a lot of people's blood pressure. 🙏

If Bissainthe is as good as SS, then we are fortunate indeed. Strong v Barrow, that seems like a wash to me from a coaching perspective. So it's on Wes to prove you right.

You guys and your "pause"s. Please don't let it be a thing on here. Leave that schtick to NYSOM.
Me and my boys pause everything if not they get me with the ayeo

That's a lot to ask, Spence was a killer, especially as a true FR, but I actually agree & think Wes will be special. He's a utility knife that can be moved around so much, Steele will use him like the James Williams of the front seven. I'm pretty sure he was talking about him when he said "one of our guys is going to be a great one (Jack/WLB) but he's built like a pencil right now", which I talked about in another thread.

I like Steed, Chase & Smith (though I still see him as more of a DB), but I don't see any of them as having the star potential of Bissainthe, who can literally do it all. Fingers crossed that he can contribute big this season like I said in the OP. There's plenty of time for him to pack on weight and muscle & learn Steele's D. I saw him say he was 205 a few months back.
Yup he was talking about Wes. And Steele is as good as it gets and knows killers when he sees one. He knows based on just practice that Wes is legit.

**** my man. Let's see what the kid does on the field with that green and orange jersey on before setting those unrealistic expectations. We can only hope he is 75% the beast Spence was. I may also be suffering battered spouse syndrome (who knows).

If he does exceed meet or exceed those expectations... That may lower a lot of people's blood pressure. 🙏
He's going to be great. T2 was a 5 star and a mistake ranking. Wes was a mistake ranking he should of been the 5 star he was better than T2

Advertisement
He has the most talent of any LB on the roster. But he is thin and I think the coaches will hesitate to play him because of it. I hope as long as he knows his assignments he can play significant snaps this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm just not seeing the Spence comparisons with this kid.

Yes Spence was only 200#s as a freshman, but He was more stoutly built, and He had better instincts.

Bissainthe's frame & the way He moves reminds me more of Matthew Thomas, although Matthew was a lil' taller.

Loved Spence too, he was in my group for an English project during my first week as a miami student. It was me, him, Folston, and 1 other random student. Folston was also an awesome gentleman!

Are you talking about Marcus Forston? OT, but whatever happened to him? I thought he was going to be an absolute beat, sure fire day one kid. I remember reading his mom would invite players over for home cooking. Seemed like a great kid.

I just think we may be getting ahead of our skis by pumping up Wes to be this mythical figure. The kid is the goods. But is he better than Sean Spence? I'm not ready to call that yet. He reminds me more of Jermaine Grace than Spence, but I'm no expert.

I also think the bright shiny object from previous cycles -- Chase Smith, Keontra Smith and Waymond Steed, are not chopped liver and won't just lie down and let this young skinny kid take their spot. I expect that trio to flourish under Strong and Steele.

Advertisement
Are you talking about Marcus Forston? OT, but whatever happened to him? I thought he was going to be an absolute beat, sure fire day one kid. I remember reading his mom would invite players over for home cooking. Seemed like a great kid.

I just think we may be getting ahead of our skis by pumping up Wes to be this mythical figure. The kid is the goods. But is he better than Sean Spence? I'm not ready to call that yet. He reminds me more of Jermaine Grace than Spence, but I'm no expert.

I also think the bright shiny object from previous cycles -- Chase Smith, Keontra Smith and Waymond Steed, are not chopped liver and won't just lie down and let this young skinny kid take their spot. I expect that trio to flourish under Strong and Steele.
my bad for the spelling. It didnt work out for him in the NFL (his last stint was with the Pats) so he went to ATL and became a cop.

Forston never flourished here, nor did most of the MNW group. IIRC, he is a police officer in Atlanta.

Forston never flourished here, nor did most of the MNW group. IIRC, he is a police officer in Atlanta.

Forston had a good freshman season. Forston's problem was that He didn't come into a good DT room, so He had to play more snaps than He should have early on. **** He was the only somewhat fomidable DT we had until we moved Bailey to DT. As far as the 08' class goes, Shannon had a weird way of giving players playing time. Take Streeter for example, the kid was always in Shannon's doghouse for some reason. Golden comes in and gives Him playing time, and He shines. I'm glad that we got em', but in hindsight, the kids that Chip recruited from that 08' class should've gone to Oregon, they would've balled out there.

Forston had a good freshman season. Forston's problem was that He didn't come into a good DT room, so He had to play more snaps than He should have early on. **** He was the only somewhat fomidable DT we had until we moved Bailey to DT. As far as the 08' class goes, Shannon had a weird way of giving players playing time. Take Streeter for example, the kid was always in Shannon's doghouse for some reason. Golden comes in and gives Him playing time, and He shines. I'm glad that we got em', but in hindsight, the kids that Chip recruited from that 08' class should've gone to Oregon, they would've balled out there.
Shannon had a weird way of every F-ing thing.....his sidelines were a Cot **** Mess.....

Advertisement
Back