Well Miami got one thing right. Adidas changing name font

Advertisement
EVERYTHING about this program (except our players, who deserve much, much better) is pure, straight chit!

These coaches we've had for the last decade are bargain basement GARBAGE! Therefore our team plays like GARBAGE, our uniforms are GARBAGE, our stadium is GARBAGE, the people who run this school are GARBAGE, and unless things change soon, our future is GARBAGE!

SOMEBODY make this krap STOP!

Last edited:
EVERYTHING about this program (except our players, who deserve much, much better) is pure, straight chit!

but some on here will tell you that we are trending up, that Golden is not the blame, that "leaving" Nike was a good thing, that not having a true stadium isn't the problem, it's the whiny fans....

like you said EVERYTHING about this program except the student athlete is str8 ish!

Advertisement

These coaches we've had for the last decade are bargain basement GARBAGE! Therefore our team plays like GARBAGE, our uniforms are GARBAGE, our stadium is GARBAGE, the people who run this school are GARBAGE, and unless things change soon, our future is GARBAGE!

SOMEBODY make this krap STOP!

What? You haven't heard about the new shoelaces?

I told people those jerseys were awful... but "No no no you just like Nike...the players love em!" blah blah blah.

Adidas are terrible at jerseys. They just are. I'm not saying we always have to be Nike, but if you have to chose between Nike/ Under Armor/Adidas... Adidas is by far the worst.

Nike (American Company)
Under Armor (American Company founded by a former football player)
Adidas (German Company)

So for a company who is headquartered in Germany...obviously they are going to be the worst at designing stuff for American football. Yes they paid a lot of money, but still Nike and Under Armor pay money as well.

If the options are

Be Paid A lot of Money + Look decent
Be Paid a little more money + Look like some Euro Soccer team

We should have taken #1 .

Advertisement
lol...so let me ask you...what color were the 1970's helmets? Like some of you guys really don't get the concept of taking something from the PAST and putting an UPDATED touch on it.

Nike agenda? Am I getting paid by Nike? If I were, I wouldn't be here, trust me. I'm stating facts, facts that came from the Nike design group as to why they made the green helmets, and why they made the smoke helmets. I've already said the copper orange helmets was a concept look...a concept look that EVERY university is doing b/c at the end of the day, kids like new things.

My point is, our jerseys from last year still felt like Miami. Our jerseys from this year feels very JVish. Not in our TEAM'S HISTORY have we ever had stencil font or our school's name on the front of the jersey. Adidas said they were going to go back to our traditional look. That came out of their mouth, and they went EURO on us. That's a fact homie....not spinning a "Nike Agenda" as you mentioned. I was hoping they treated our jersey like they treated Michigan's jersey...that's all.

You are not stating facts, you are stating how you feel. You even say that Miami's jerseys last year "felt" like Miami. However, the jerseys from last year look nothing like what would be considered a traditional Miami jersey, all you ahve to do is look at the pictures.

I get it, you are a fan of Nike and that is fine but don't go stating your personal opinions or feeling as facts.

So to be clear, you are saying the jersey's we have now are closer to the tradition than the jersey's we had last couple of years?

I never said anything about Adidas being traditional, I was merely refuting your claim about Nike keeping things traditional. Nike did no such thing.

I told people those jerseys were awful... but "No no no you just like Nike...the players love em!" blah blah blah.

Adidas are terrible at jerseys. They just are. I'm not saying we always have to be Nike, but if you have to chose between Nike/ Under Armor/Adidas... Adidas is by far the worst.

Nike (American Company)
Under Armor (American Company founded by a former football player)
Adidas (German Company)

So for a company who is headquartered in Germany...obviously they are going to be the worst at designing stuff for American football. Yes they paid a lot of money, but still Nike and Under Armor pay money as well.

If the options are

Be Paid A lot of Money + Look decent
Be Paid a little more money + Look like some Euro Soccer team

We should have taken #1 .

Adidas is far from perfect but it's not as bad as you say. Let's be thankful you're not running this program.

sigh....I need you to understand something regarding my post...I'm not some sort of fanboy...I'm a grown man. I don't post upon feelings...I bring substianted evidence; so just like I had to do to with DK72, I'll do to you:

Regaring the Smoke Uniforms from Nike.com:

Miami will now feature four interchangeable uniform colors. The tonal colors of the Ibis logo (green, orange and white) inform three of the four new looks. At home, the Hurricanes will dress in orange. The orange jersey is accented by green directional graphics at the shoulder. A clean white and silver helmet, featuring an anodized finish and grey facemask, completes the look. The white jersey and pant combination is accented with green at the shoulder, and serves as the foundation of the away look. The white uniform is also capped with a matching white and silver helmet. The team will also showcase two alternate uniform colors – the first alternate showcasing a green jersey and pant with a white helmet. The team will also introduce a new alternate anthracite “smoke” jersey and pant serving as a reminder of the early pioneering pre-game smoke that opened every home game.

Regarding the Green Helmet from uniform critic:

Given the opportunity, Nike has used Miami heavily for exposure in its Pro Combat ****nal. Metallic green helmets were on display with an all-orange top and pants uniform in 2010. Prior to that, green shells last appeared in Coral Gables in 1975.

Let's get one thing clear...when the new uniforms were first revealed last year, dang near 95% on this site was oooing and awwing over the new colors. NO ONE liked the orange and green combo and that's what everyone keeps talking about.

We'll address this topic in five years, and we'll see if you're still such a big fan of this new partnership when Adidas really start treating us like "their version" of Oregon.

Not sure what your point is by posting an explanation about the "smoke" jersey. Those jerseys were as far away from Miami's traditional uniforms as possibly could be. Grey is not even a part of Miami's color scheme. Just because Nike wrote an article trying to explain why they gave Miami grey jerseys does not somehow transform those jerseys into something traditional. ****, even their explanation does not make sense - Miami's smoke is white, not grey. A poor example of tradition.

Same with the helmets. They looked nothing like what Miami used to wear in the early to mid 70s. Just because they were a shade of green doesn't make them an homage or throwback to the 70s. It was metallic, futuristic crap.

If Adidas makes crap like what Nike did last year, I will be criticizing them as well. I won't be here trying to spin everything.

Anyway, having said all of that, none of this discussion matters. Uniforms have no impact on football. What matters is Miami getting a new coaching staff as soon as possible.

I could give two ***** about uniforms. Just get us some real coaches with that Adidas $$.

Advertisement
sigh....I need you to understand something regarding my post...I'm not some sort of fanboy...I'm a grown man. I don't post upon feelings...I bring substianted evidence; so just like I had to do to with DK72, I'll do to you:

Regaring the Smoke Uniforms from Nike.com:

Miami will now feature four interchangeable uniform colors. The tonal colors of the Ibis logo (green, orange and white) inform three of the four new looks. At home, the Hurricanes will dress in orange. The orange jersey is accented by green directional graphics at the shoulder. A clean white and silver helmet, featuring an anodized finish and grey facemask, completes the look. The white jersey and pant combination is accented with green at the shoulder, and serves as the foundation of the away look. The white uniform is also capped with a matching white and silver helmet. The team will also showcase two alternate uniform colors – the first alternate showcasing a green jersey and pant with a white helmet. The team will also introduce a new alternate anthracite “smoke” jersey and pant serving as a reminder of the early pioneering pre-game smoke that opened every home game.

Regarding the Green Helmet from uniform critic:

Given the opportunity, Nike has used Miami heavily for exposure in its Pro Combat ****nal. Metallic green helmets were on display with an all-orange top and pants uniform in 2010. Prior to that, green shells last appeared in Coral Gables in 1975.

Let's get one thing clear...when the new uniforms were first revealed last year, dang near 95% on this site was oooing and awwing over the new colors. NO ONE liked the orange and green combo and that's what everyone keeps talking about.

We'll address this topic in five years, and we'll see if you're still such a big fan of this new partnership when Adidas really start treating us like "their version" of Oregon.

Not sure what your point is by posting an explanation about the "smoke" jersey. Those jerseys were as far away from Miami's traditional uniforms as possibly could be. Grey is not even a part of Miami's color scheme. Just because Nike wrote an article trying to explain why they gave Miami grey jerseys does not somehow transform those jerseys into something traditional. ****, even their explanation does not make sense - Miami's smoke is white, not grey. A poor example of tradition.

Same with the helmets. They looked nothing like what Miami used to wear in the early to mid 70s. Just because they were a shade of green doesn't make them an homage or throwback to the 70s. It was metallic, futuristic crap.

If Adidas makes crap like what Nike did last year, I will be criticizing them as well. I won't be here trying to spin everything.

Anyway, having said all of that, none of this discussion matters. Uniforms have no impact on football. What matters is Miami getting a new coaching staff as soon as possible.

Look, we're not in the 20th century anymore. Alternate jerseys are the in thing, period. You saw how the players reacted to it. I merely stated the reasons why we had the smoke jersey and why we dawn the alternate green domes as a throwback...all of which you refused, and basically said I was making it up. So I had to provide PROOF as to why.

My point was, design wise, Nike jerseys on game day, looked more like a Miami jersey. Nike has changed our jerseys several times over the past several years. I did not like the orange and green combo or the orange on orange, but I'm Ok w/ alternate jerseys b/c we're in the 21st century. I thought the Adidas designs were solid at the unveiling. I actually preferred their "perceived design" over Nike. I felt they were going to bring back the simplier, cleaner look; then they provided us w/ popwarner jerseys w/ melted plastic on the sleeves and stenciled lettering. It was off, that's all. Again, I'm not a fanboy. But to your point, jerseys are the least of our concerns...this coaching staff has to go ASAP.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back