Well Miami got one thing right. Adidas changing name font

how long do we have to wait to go back to Nike? Adidas apparel is just absolutely horrible. The school will suffer in merchandise sales.

I got a friend in you. I got blasted for heavily defending Nike a couple weeks back.

I had always pegged you as a smart guy. what the ****? I know you are a current student so maybe tradition is lost on you but a couple of winning teams around the country never get their uniform ****ed with. ever. You think Alabama or Ohio St is changing their ****ing helmet? I said this earlier but Oregon for all their dress up bull**** has never won ****. NObody really knows what the **** an Oregon helmet should look like. So nobody ****ing cares either. A uniform is part of tradition and tradition should be a part of success from the past and future success. Going back to Nike with their Oregon like bull**** helmet ****ups and fashion show aint'the ****ing business

Actually OSU did change their helmet which was from the 1930's if not mistaken in the college playoff

Advertisement
how long do we have to wait to go back to Nike? Adidas apparel is just absolutely horrible. The school will suffer in merchandise sales.

I got a friend in you. I got blasted for heavily defending Nike a couple weeks back.

I had always pegged you as a smart guy. what the ****? I know you are a current student so maybe tradition is lost on you but a couple of winning teams around the country never get their uniform ****ed with. ever. You think Alabama or Ohio St is changing their ****ing helmet? I said this earlier but Oregon for all their dress up bull**** has never won ****. NObody really knows what the **** an Oregon helmet should look like. So nobody ****ing cares either. A uniform is part of tradition and tradition should be a part of success from the past and future success. Going back to Nike with their Oregon like bull**** helmet ****ups and fashion show aint'the ****ing business

I didn't say I liked the ornament helmets. What I mean is I like Nike gear as a fan to buy and wear. That's ultimately what affects us. Just wear what we win in most. Traditional is great to me.

[MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION]: we look like a piñata now. The uniforms are freggin disgusting. Our pants, font, and of course, MIAMI being on the front of the jersey are HORRIBLE. Couldn't be further from our tradition of uniforms. I prefer a Russell Athletic jersey over this. Sad thing is, if we don't start winning, and Adidas don't make their money....lol....we're going to look even worst b/c we'll be forgotten.

I didn't say I liked the ornament helmets. What I mean is I like Nike gear as a fan to buy and wear. That's ultimately what affects us. Just wear what we win in most. Traditional is great to me.

i can dig that. Dont get me wrong. I liked the Nike gear as it pertained to fan gear but the Oregon type changes to the helmet and overall uni change murked their chances with me. I would much rather buy a Canes Nike hat than an Addidas hat but I was thinking this discussion was about the on field uniforms

[MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION]: we look like a piñata now. The uniforms are freggin disgusting. Our pants, font, and of course, MIAMI being on the front of the jersey are HORRIBLE. Couldn't be further from our tradition of uniforms. I prefer a Russell Athletic jersey over this. Sad thing is, if we don't start winning, and Adidas don't make their money....lol....we're going to look even worst b/c we'll be forgotten.

Yeah I don't like the current uniforms at all. I didn't like the last Nike helmets either but the jerseys were fine to me.

Advertisement

i can dig that. Dont get me wrong. I liked the Nike gear as it pertained to fan gear but the Oregon type changes to the helmet and overall uni change murked their chances with me. I would much rather buy a Canes Nike hat than an Addidas hat but I was thinking this discussion was about the on field uniforms

No sir. Not a Christmas ornament type of guy!

B9hN5tsIIAAQdy1.jpg

miami-hurricanes-blackout-uniforms-1.jpg

ncaa-football-miami-georgia-tech-850x560.jpg

Good riddance to Nike, they brought us this garbage.

Last edited:

Nike's designs the past several years were much, much further from Miami's traditional uniforms than this years Adidas uniforms.

Advertisement
View attachment 31763

View attachment 31764

View attachment 31765

but ur cool w Adidas' version??? The green joints are from the 70's homie, so now u gotta problem with giving us a lid from back in the day? Dude, if u think that what we have now w/ Adidas is better than what we had w Nike over the years, then I gotta bridge to sale that would nicely in ur back yard.

We sucked in the 70s. Not a tradition any of us wants to recreate, although Golden has done it anyway.

now just remove the "miami" from the front, make the numbers bigger, and put a small u on the collar like nike did. current jersey looks like a high school uniform with the team name that big across the front. and before anyone points out texas' and oklahoma's jerseys, those look like high school **** too.

or they could just shrink it a lot if they really want miami on the front.

Last edited:
View attachment 31763

View attachment 31764

View attachment 31765

but ur cool w Adidas' version??? The green joints are from the 70's homie, so now u gotta problem with giving us a lid from back in the day? Dude, if u think that what we have now w/ Adidas is better than what we had w Nike over the years, then I gotta bridge to sale that would nicely in ur back yard.

We sucked in the 70s. Not a tradition any of us wants to recreate, although Golden has done it anyway.

Bro, u said messed with lids...and I'm saying we had a lid from the past, a current lid, a homage lid, and a concept lid. Was I in love with the concept joint, no...but I have no issues with a throwback joint, or a homage joint. Our jersey's remained traditional...except for the color combo (which u r seeing will be the case with Adidas as well)

Advertisement
View attachment 31763

View attachment 31764

View attachment 31765

Bro, u said messed with lids...and I'm saying we had a lid from the past, a current lid, a homage lid, and a concept lid. Was I in love with the concept joint, no...but I have no issues with a throwback joint, or a homage joint. Our jersey's remained traditional...except for the color combo (which u r seeing will be the case with Adidas as well)

none of those ******* helmets were helmets from success past bro. they were in their own way a new concept. By your logic, and Iḿ ok with that, if we do a homage helmet from the past so be it then yeah I get what youre saying but thats not what we did. We made all new shiny ornament helmets with shades being slightly reminiscent of the past and ultimately being all new bull****. **** all that. no deal. not buying.

Advertisement
The green helmet last year looked like a Chistmas ornament. The green helmet in the 70s didn't look like that.

Nike kept making traditional jerseys??? Really???

ncf_miamiuniforms_ms_600x400.jpg

96580.jpg

miami-hurricanes-ucla-bruins-1998-49-45-the-u-comeback-edgerrin-james-orange-bowl.jpg

As you can see, what Nike had been doing was nothing like what would be considered a traditional Miami jersey from the 80s and 90s. It's fine if you prefer Nike to Adidas but to claim Nike kept making traditional jerseys is simply not true.

Those green Nike helmets from last year are NOTHING like what Miami wore in the 70s. See for yourself (complete Miami hlemet history, not just the green ones worn in the early 70s):

tumblr_mqm1op9wqh1qd3dzlo1_1280.jpg

Advertisement
Back