#WelcomeToTheU Dalvon Stuckey; JuCo DT

Advertisement
In the canesport article it caught my eye that Jethro was literally shocked when he committed and second guessed it. Good recruiters (coley, craig,etc) have the confidence and expect the committment. Just an observation.

I'm willing to bet Jethro had nothing to do w/ Dalvon'a decision to commit to UM.

it was probably just a business decision.... you know Miami DT depth = ZERO, FSU DT depth = infinity

"I had been committed to Florida State since like my sophomore season but Miami never offered me. Coach [defensive line coach Jethro] Franklin came here today and I liked what he said. Florida State hasn’t paid me that much attention and I thought maybe they moved on in the process. I wanted to stay in Florida so I made my decision today.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/recruiting/os-miami-adds-juco-dt-dalvon-stuckey-20130424,0,1149492.post

Thanks for the article and link, I had a feeling FSU had cut him loose an this just corroborates it. We traded 2013 5* DT Keith Bryant for 2014 3* Redshirt Juco Dalvon Stuckey, only time will tell who got the better deal, that's all I will say about this trade made by Uncle Jethro (who has one foot out the door by the way).

Go Canes

And..... In the words of the Great Paranos, "Link Please?"

When he provides you with your link, I'd like the link that states that Bryant was a 5-star.

At this point Bryant is more player to be named later than anything. No guarantee Keef isn't going prep or JUCO this fall.

"I had been committed to Florida State since like my sophomore season but Miami never offered me. Coach [defensive line coach Jethro] Franklin came here today and I liked what he said. Florida State hasn’t paid me that much attention and I thought maybe they moved on in the process. I wanted to stay in Florida so I made my decision today.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/recruiting/os-miami-adds-juco-dt-dalvon-stuckey-20130424,0,1149492.post

Thanks for the article and link, I had a feeling FSU had cut him loose an this just corroborates it. We traded 2013 5* DT Keith Bryant for 2014 3* Redshirt Juco Dalvon Stuckey, only time will tell who got the better deal, that's all I will say about this trade made by Uncle Jethro (who has one foot out the door by the way).

lol since when did Keith Bryant ever become a "5 star" prospect???

also Dalvon Stuckey was a 4 star prospect in 2012 when he committed to FSU.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/119377/dalvon-stuckey

Advertisement

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...uco-dt-dalvon-stuckey-20130424,0,1149492.post

lol since when did Keith Bryant ever become a "5 star" prospect???

also Dalvon Stuckey was a 4 star prospect in 2012 when he committed to FSU.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/119377/dalvon-stuckey

Keef as a Junior was a 5 star waiting to happen, but it didn't. Time will tell and this isn't sour grapes on my part, but Keef flat out did not look elite as a senior. Couple that with his recruitment and I would be really concerned about his future whether he was a Cane or Nole.

Advertisement

Go Canes

When he provides you with your link, I'd like the link that states that Bryant was a 5-star.

At this point Bryant is more player to be named later than anything. No guarantee Keef isn't going prep or JUCO this fall.
I could say something about Keef but it would def be sour grapes on my part. I don't think he'll qualify though for FSPoo & wind up JUCO. Then his recruiting saga will get a round 2. What a nightmare lol

In the canesport article it caught my eye that Jethro was literally shocked when he committed and second guessed it. Good recruiters (coley, craig,etc) have the confidence and expect the committment. Just an observation.

I'm willing to bet Jethro had nothing to do w/ Dalvon'a decision to commit to UM.

it was probably just a business decision.... you know Miami DT depth = ZERO, FSU DT depth = infinity

Awww yes. So when we land a DT Jethro had nothing to do with it. When we miss it is his fault. Classic Grassy, that right there.

Awww yes. So when we land a DT Jethro had nothing to do with it. When we miss it is his fault. Classic Grassy, that right there.

I personally am not a fan of this guy but if we're putting all the blame on Jethro for DL recruiting, doesn't he get credit for the DE? I mean the DL consists of more than DTs.

There have been some big time kids brought in at DE over the last few classes, does Jethro have anything to do with it?

Advertisement

Go Canes

I could say something about Keef but it would def be sour grapes on my part. I don't think he'll qualify though for FSPoo & wind up JUCO. Then his recruiting saga will get a round 2. What a nightmare lol

Not gonna lie.... totally rooting for this to happen.

***** is a personal hero of mine.

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." <-- that quote from Batman sums up my boy ***** pretty good

Go Canes

Actually I miss spoke Keith Bryant was initially a 5* but then was dropped to a 4* due not participating in camps and a drop in production his Sr year. For the the oversight in miss quoting I am apologies, but in balancing the trade off KB was rate much higher the Stuckey an by Stuckey's own admission FSU went in another direction.

Thanks for checking me on this, its always good to have checks and balances.

Go Canes!

Advertisement

I personally am not a fan of this guy but if we're putting all the blame on Jethro for DL recruiting, doesn't he get credit for the DE? I mean the DL consists of more than DTs.

There have been some big time kids brought in at DE over the last few classes, does Jethro have anything to do with it?

On another note, I've got to say that it's just hard for me to like a guy named Jethro. I mean, really?

Advertisement
Back