Welcome to the U

Stupid Punter got me excited for no reason.

You should be excited. A great punter helps out a weak defense. This is just as important a get as any other.

Absolutely. Field position determines a lot of games. Back in the '80's, a friend of mine who was a UM grad, and also held a graduate degree from Harvard, and was an economist, did an analysis of the difference starting field position made for an offense. When offenses started position in their own 40's, the scoring percentage was dramatically and significantly higher than when you started in your 20's. You might think a difference of 20 yards was not all that significant, but it was. I was surprised at the results. I guess the extra 20 yards increased the number of potential turnovers, missed 1st downs, etc.

So, this is one of my happiest commitments. A booming leg can make a huge difference and take a lot of pressure off our defense, increase the risk of turnovers, and seeing opposing offenses stall.

I hope we get good depth on kick-offs and have a good FG kicker. We've lost or won a lot of games on less than 3 points over the years.

Advertisement
Welcome to the U homie! Jeff Feagles (and Eli) were my MVP(s) for the Giants 2 years ago. Punters are clutch, get your BOOM on!

Advertisement
Thought this was kind of funny.

''Bearcats_Nation One thing I've learned over the last couple of days following the Pat O'Donnell saga, there's a ****-ton of Miami Hurricanes sites! ''

Advertisement
So how did we get him. And how long does he have to play?

So how did we get him. And how long does he have to play?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he has one year of eligibility remaining. Sort of like the Jimmy Graham thing a few years back.
Think Jeremiah Masoli transferring from Oregon to Ole Miss because Ole Miss offered a grad program that Oregon didn't so he had one year of eligibility to play.

I think that's how it works at least.

Advertisement
It's like when Russell Wilson transferred to Wisconsin from NC St...same situation

I'll tell you one thing though, our coaches don't miss a beat.

This kid has legit talent...even if he is "just a punter".

How we got him: O'Donnell thought bubble"I could play another year in cold *** Cincy after already receiving my degree and lose with these scrubby mofos, ORRR I could go to grad school in mf'in Miami and boot the living **** out of a warm *** ball with some dudes i grew up with, and we may actually win a couple games."

simple choice.

I guess we will just have to replace punters on year to year basis.

which i'm fine with, especially if they don't even need a schollie.

Advertisement
I think this is a huge addition. A good punter can often affect the bottom line (W - L totals). An extra few yards per exchange can easily alter the final score.

Advertisement
Back