Welcome to the U- Travis Johnson, TE/H-Back

I like the commit. I think he has the potential to be a very versatile and effective H-back.

Only thing I don't like right now is how soft he looks in the upper body. His arms have no shape to them. Somewhat surprised by that actually.

Good thing is that he has plenty of time to start hitting the weights, but hopefully he starts doing that sooner rather than later.

Advertisement
Regarding Kerr - We dont need 3 TEs. Getting Johnson makes Kerr expendable - much rather see Kerr move to OT or use his ship for OL.

We now have 8 TEs for 2013. What the **** are we gonna do, run a 4 TE formation? Take out an OT and put a TE in on the OL? Unless we're going to let go of Dye, Perry, and White, we have absolutely no need for 3 TEs in this tiny class.

Our 2014 OL situation is horrendous.

Regarding Kerr - We dont need 3 TEs. Getting Johnson makes Kerr expendable - much rather see Kerr move to OT or use his ship for OL.

We now have 8 TEs for 2013. What the **** are we gonna do, run a 4 TE formation? Take out an OT and put a TE in on the OL? Unless we're going to let go of Dye, Perry, and White, we have absolutely no need for 3 TEs in this tiny class.

Dye, Perry, and White are likely never going to be impact players. Walford and Cleveland are really the only contributors there. We needed an infusion of talent at the spot.

I'm sure we'll address OL. I expect 3 in this class.

That's not going to happen Kerr was a good take as he fits Golden's scheme. I don't see him as an OL either, we still have enough spots for the guys we want.

Totally different type of player

Also having good te numbers helps you on special teams

Advertisement
Totally different type of player

Also having good te numbers helps you on special teams

I dont know the politics but i was trying to get the feedback on this huge pick up and every other post is what MB said or didnt say.

I agree the other site leaves alot to be desired which is why Im on here getting quality info.

ok well quit complaining and enjoy this great info.

canesinsight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>canestime

Advertisement
Nice call Bakas. Lulz.

GREAT pickup! Kid had about a bajillion offers.

Somewhere gogeta is smiling.

19.gif

Its a good day when you beat USC, Oklahoma, LSU, UF, AUB, TENN, ARK, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oh*o State, Wisconsin and about 28 other teams for a kid.

Way to go UM staff.

Advertisement
Its a good day when you beat USC, Oklahoma, LSU, UF, AUB, TENN, ARK, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oh*o State, Wisconsin and about 28 other teams for a kid.

Way to go UM staff.

What's even better is that he had all those offers and really only wanted one from us.

Way to go UM staff.

What's even better is that he had all those offers and really only wanted one from us.

Just a weird year. After a 30 kid recruiting class, some possible scholarship reductions, and a big time TE on board, we couldn't afford to be as cavalier with our offers as some others schools (or even UM last year). Kid got it, worked for it, earned it, and now gets to play and study at his dream school. Not only happy for him, but impressed by him.

Change that culture.

Advertisement
I like TJ as a player, and I really like the way AG is focusing on Tampa. But what I like the most is the recruiting strategy here. It would be really easy in a small class to take only 1 TE, or at most 2. AG's found different kids, with different roles and ceilings, and he's now taken 3. It highlights a clear view about where he wants to go with the roster and offense, and also that he isn't constrained in a small class by CW or anything else. He's got his plan and he's executing on it.

I dont think Bakas even lives down here anymore. He never shows up to anything and reports on it

He's never lived in South Florida. He lives above Orlando. That site has no staff within 5 hours of miami.

Mike used to talk about seeing kids in person, and a poster or two busted him on kids that he'd claimed to see where he admits to never having seen their teammate.

Way to go UM staff.

Just a weird year. After a 30 kid recruiting class, some possible scholarship reductions, and a big time TE on board, we couldn't afford to be as cavalier with our offers as some others schools (or even UM last year). Kid got it, worked for it, earned it, and now gets to play and study at his dream school. Not only happy for him, but impressed by him.

Change that culture.

Exactly Bomb: We are slowly changing the Country Club Atomosphere that has plagued Coral Gables for over a decade now. Kid looks legit and could be a huge weapon for us, especially in the Red Zone.

I am not a Golden basher in any shape or form (count me as #1 in the fan club), but I think everyone saying that we have three TE's with three different skill sets and this is a great move glosses over the larger point made by some: schollie wise we do not need three TE's and the ships can be better used somewhere else. Now, if 2014 is total crap at TE or Kerr goes to OT, ok I can accept this. But in the meantime we have to worry about the OL/DL and proper depth, because IF we get hit with schollie losses, I don't want to be thin in the trenches. Much easier to find a difference maker ready to step in day one at WR then on the line, esp. in FL.

Advertisement
Back