Welcome to the U- Travis Johnson, TE/H-Back

Advertisement
Cool - I like having versatile tight ends who can play in the slot or out wide

only concern is how we fit 3 tight ends into this year's class

MB has become too pompous and arrogant for me. He NEVER owns when he's wrong, but is quick on the draw to remind you of how right he is. Their coverage is beyond lazy, and you're being kind to say they've been mailing it in. The good dues ova there are the only reason I hang around, and that's only part time.

Random is the one who has me excited about Coley and Wilson. Hope he's right on with both.

whats up with the Bakas hate?

No hate. Check the pathetic excuse for camp coverage over there and tell me there isn't something wrong.

Pathetic camp coverage? How about non-existent camp coverage. They are as pathetic as they ever have been. The only enjoyment I get is hearing Random's thoughts. Wish he's come on over here......

Yeah Random has taken some heat but I always liked his posts. There's a lot of good guys still over there. And I still do like most of Mike's stuff when he does post. He has definitely mailed it in though for the time being anyway.

Advertisement

They all fill a niche. Dobard is a Brandon Pettigrew-type tight end. Huge and pretty fast but not a natural receiver. Johnson is an H-back with natural receiving skills. Kerr is a blocker.

Advertisement

They all fill a niche. Dobard is a Brandon Pettigrew-type tight end. Huge and pretty fast but not a natural receiver. Johnson is an H-back with natural receiving skills. Kerr is a blocker.

+1

2-3 years from now I think we'll see: Dobard as a standard TE (like Cleveland this year), Johnson as a flex TE (like Walford this year), and Kerr as an OT and TE in jumbo sets.

I dont think Bakas even lives down here anymore. He never shows up to anything and reports on it

I could be wrong, but hasn't he always lived in Central Fl? I left because of the lazy reporting as well- he used to be somewhat clued in with recruiting, but coverage of anything to do with practices became non-existent, then beyond his take on the game (most of which looked like they were written before the game started), he barely covered the actual games. When he isn't even bothering to cover UM camps, I know I made the right choice.

17.gif

Kerr will remain at TE, UM will split johnson as part of a jumbo 1back set. Stanford and wisconson run three TE sets all the time.

Advertisement
Damned straight, Dandy.

Kerr ain't going to the inside. He'll play TE, and while being one heck of a blocking TE, he'll be able to surprise the crap out of opponents as he blocks, drifts, and then catches. We're going to need all three new TE's - and much too soon.

Advertisement
God this class is shaping up quite nicely so far. And can't remember the last time I went on canestime. This site is 10x better IMO and it's free!

Love the pickup. Getting 3 TEs is a good thing, we need them. We have 6 TEs on the roster right now, 3 RS Sophomores, 1 Junior and 2 RS Juniors. Which means we have not taken a TE in the last 2 classes (We got Blake Ayles from USC last year but he never played a down for us because of concussions.)

Advertisement
Back