Welcome to the U? (Ray Lewis III)

I suppose Al Golden is a Corch to you, too.

No, because Al Golden isn't some guy that sees Ray Lewis and is like "OMG, a HOF player from UM, I need you around to give epic speeches and motivate my players. Our LB's will be all-ACC with you around". No way this kid is on scholarship.
Okay. So then 100% of your whining in this thread is misplaced and pathetic. Because either you're right, and the kid will be a walk-on, in which case there's nothing to ***** about. Or you're wrong, and the kid will get a scholarship, and you're wrong about AG and hopefully wrong on the kid, and in any case wrong in the thread.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me how Ray Lewis would help us win more games? Keep in mind Ray Lewis is most likely a booster, unless he has never given a donation. What can he do that our current coaches can't?

LOL. This is funny b/c these guys act as if this kid doesn't get a scholly here then ray lewis will quit on this program. LMFAO.

Has a single person here said that?

Thought not.

Typical Nites trolling.

Can someone explain to me how Ray Lewis would help us win more games? Keep in mind Ray Lewis is most likely a booster, unless he has never given a donation. What can he do that our current coaches can't?

LOL. This is funny b/c these guys act as if this kid doesn't get a scholly here then ray lewis will quit on this program. LMFAO.

Thought not.

Typical Nites trolling.

This is basically what it comes down to. Would you rather have Ray Lewis be a regular NFL U guy that visits a couple times a year + an extra 4 star recruit...or would you rather have Ray Lewis "around" (I'm still skeptical on what he can do as a booster...and precedent sets because he is a parent and alum).

Personally, I would take the first. Ray Lewis can't wear a uniform and make a tackle during a game, which someone like Alvonte Bell can do.

It seems like we are taking a scrub recruit to get someone to do Michael Barrow's job. Why not just hire Ray Lewis is LB coach once he retires (2 years?)...maybe that is the plan.

The alternative is also said recruits father who has made over 85M in the last 12 years to pay for his 200k tuition cost over four years. Crazy theory I know...it wouldn't help the team at all.

Last edited:
Why would a millionaire booster who loves the school/team want his son to be on an athletic scholarship? I´ll believe that when the school confirms it. Until then, I´m not getting my panties all twisted up.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Thought not.

Typical Nites trolling.

This is basically what it comes down to. Would you rather have Ray Lewis be a regular NFL U guy that visits a couple times a year + an extra 4 star recruit...or would you rather have Ray Lewis "around" (I'm still skeptical on what he can do as a booster...and precedent sets because he is a parent and alum).

Personally, I would take the first. Ray Lewis can't wear a uniform and make a tackle during a game, which someone like Alvonte Bell can do.

It seems like we are taking a scrub recruit to get someone to do Michael Barrow's job. Why not just hire Ray Lewis is LB coach once he retires (2 years?)...maybe that is the plan.

The alternative is also said recruits father who has made over 85M in the last 12 years to pay for his 200k tuition cost over four years. Crazy theory I know...it wouldn't help the team at all.

Well offering RL3 so early is really odd and most don't agree with it I do think we aren't giving the kid enough credit. First he is a D1 recruit, maybe not a Miami D1 recruit but easily a FIU, Georgia State, Ball State type of guy. He would easily be good enough for preferred walk on status. There are a lot of questions unanswered around his recruitment and those answers should be interesting.

I'd gladly trade some "talent" we've had for a little heart. If RL3 has a modicum of what his father had, its a great commitment

Why would a millionaire booster who loves the school/team want his son to be on an athletic scholarship? I´ll believe that when the school confirms it. Until then, I´m not getting my panties all twisted up.

agreed. all this is dynamic. if we get down to a number crunch, the kid could easily pay his way.

Thought not.

Typical Nites trolling.

You are way over your skis here. You're worried about missing four star kids and micheal barrow's job. You have no need to be so worked up. I've already given you a reason above in this thead why you might get more better recruits by having this kid in this class. Maybe that's what AG thinks. Maybe the kid will be a walk on. Who knows. I highly doubt ray Lewis will be a position coach here, but I guess you never know. All that I'm sure of is your foaming at the mouth on this topic at this point is misplaced.

Advertisement
Here's a good question, did Fsu offer Deon Sanders kid a scholly? Where's he going? Oh right not to Fsu, least they knew better. And you could argue Deon Sanders is the Ray Lewis of Fsu based on legacy.

deion and ray arent the same level....

deion literally told Noel Devine NOT to go to fsu.

deion barely heads up there..and aint connected like ray is with um.

fsu likely would take barry sanders jr if he wanted in....he is a div 1 talent.

I think this is a good take...from a RECRUITING STANDPOINT....he can be the guy to start the recruiting class rolling...(ray lewis is an icon to these kids)..and as far as on field play he looks to be a "marginal" guy ...BUT we already have an elite back in the fold...and likely will still take another back in this class.

His competition sucks...but he "dominates" them..which u have to do....u think sony michel is playing the best of the best?.....i wish the kid would transfer to a bigger area school..but seeing him in the alls tar game may give us a gauge on his talents...I like the grab even with limited numbers.

First bolded part: Like I said, Deion is the biggest FSU legacy they have.

Second bolded part: Not buying it, someone like Kevin Olsen will have a bigger part on getting this class rolling. Matthew Thomas or Jamal Carter will have a biger part on getting this class rolling.

you dont get it?...

Deion could be biggest fsu legacy like u said....but Deion doesnt "SELL" Fsu and never has.....Ray Lewis IS um...i had a 5th grader recently tell me about Ray Lewis who played for "THE U"..kids these days know deion sanders for his sneakers and being on NFL NETWORK..havent a clue where he played college ball.

When speaking on recruiting ...you tell a high school Kevin Olsen Greg Olsen's lil bro & Ray Lewis III committed guarantee their reactions would be diff just off NAME.
Jamal Carter plays for Southridge if u know Dade County or South FLA you would know "DOWNSOUTH" kids are always under-appreciated he aint getting anything rolling....

If Ray Lewis III actually actively recruits for us like Duke Johnson did look out....

I like Kevin Olsen and know what a qb can bring..but hes a Jersey kid and our classes will be FLA dominated.

Here's a good question, did Fsu offer Deon Sanders kid a scholly? Where's he going? Oh right not to Fsu, least they knew better. And you could argue Deon Sanders is the Ray Lewis of Fsu based on legacy.

I think this is a good take...from a RECRUITING STANDPOINT....he can be the guy to start the recruiting class rolling...(ray lewis is an icon to these kids)..and as far as on field play he looks to be a "marginal" guy ...BUT we already have an elite back in the fold...and likely will still take another back in this class.

His competition sucks...but he "dominates" them..which u have to do....u think sony michel is playing the best of the best?.....i wish the kid would transfer to a bigger area school..but seeing him in the alls tar game may give us a gauge on his talents...I like the grab even with limited numbers.

Second bolded part: Not buying it, someone like Kevin Olsen will have a bigger part on getting this class rolling. Matthew Thomas or Jamal Carter will have a biger part on getting this class rolling.

you dont get it?...

When speaking on recruiting ...you tell a high school Kevin Olsen Greg Olsen's lil bro & Ray Lewis III committed guarantee their reactions would be diff just off NAME.
Jamal Carter plays for Southridge if u know Dade County or South FLA you would know "DOWNSOUTH" kids are always under-appreciated he aint getting anything rolling....

If Ray Lewis III actually actively recruits for us like Duke Johnson did look out....

I like Kevin Olsen and know what a qb can bring..but hes a Jersey kid and our classes will be FLA dominated.

I think people in this thread are overstating the effect RL3 will have in recruiting. Of course people will react different hearing Ray Lewis lll over Kevin Olsen because that's Ray Lewis's son. But when it comes to talent, I would bet, if Kevin Olsen committed to Miami a top offensive WR/Te that is considering Miami will go look at the options and see 5* Kevin Olsen as the Qb and go check out his highlights and say "i want that Qb throwing to me" not I want to go to Miami cuz Ray Lewis son is going there as well.

I would even go far as saying Duke Johnson has more pull with recruits than RL3 will ever have. Duke is a kid that recruits flock to and listen to what he says, I don't see Lewis lll in the same mold, not even close.

Think about how much better our LBs will be, just having Ray around to pick his brain. ****, wouldn't surprise me if Ray ends up being a coach here in a couple of years when he retires; then his son will be here for free

Gotta have 5 years of tenure for that last part. Hence why Brandon Harris was still on scholarship.

Unless Ray knows the in's and out's of our defense he really can't help much. Ray was a film freak and played in a system that let him run free. You can't teach what made/makes Ray one of the greatest ever.

We basically already have a "Ray Lewis" on staff in Barrow...and I'm not exactly 100% sold on that experiment.

Wow a NFL Hall of Fame LB, that will go down as the greatest MLB in the history of the NFL wouldn't know the in and outs of a simple college defensive scheme?

You guys are crazy comparing ray Lewis's kid to Jared Campbell.

Ray. Lewis.

Far and away the most admired, respected player to this generation. Taking his kid makes business sense.

So what? Ray Lewis has us by the balls and if we don't give his son a football scholarship he is never going to visit?

Business sense is getting the best 85 players on a team that you can. There are 15+ better RB's in Florida than this kid.

I agree that business sense is getting the best 85 on the team you can, but this is the U. We preach family, we preach us against them, we preach bleeding orange and green.

Sometimes its about more than the best 85 and I applaud that.

We aren't tellin him to bounce...he can walk-on. Terrible precedent to set if he has a offer. You know how many players have sons that play football? Then you gotta start drawing lines on who's dad is good enough to offer a son lol...it would be a complete cluster****.

If this kid had USF/FIU offers...then maybe...but FIU isn't going to come close to offering this kid.

You fail to look at his productivity. The yards on offense along with very impressive numbers on defense makes him an athlete that happens to be the son of one of the greatest NFL players of all time. His football IQ is off the charts because of his fathers teaching. He will end up at LB playing the weak side

Advertisement
These threads are fun to read.

I'm not predicting this kids future but you guys do realize that he's going to be a higher ranked/rated or whatever your cup of tea is prospect than his father was coming out of HS, right?

Just food for thought.

And people say oh his only offers might be from FIU or Georgia State etc. But over the past couple years, I'm sure we have all seen highlights or watched a game and said to ourselves man I'd rather have that kid (From a smaller school) than so and so from Miami.

This is the same BS that just drives me crazy. "Measureables." I hear that term so many times by self-delusional experts who time and again say who's up to snuff and who isn't - based on 'measurables.' Or he 'looks the part.'

We could fill pages after pages of 'studs, with all the right 'measurables" who once in a program didn't do diddlyschitt. So many hang-ups on speed, when I'm telling you - speed is good, but quickness is better.

Football IQ. Desire. Genes. Determination. Dedication.

Oh yeah. Loyalty.

Did you know that any Medal of Honor winner's children have an automatic acceptance into our military academies? Any idea why?

Loyalty. Genetics. Honor.

I want my 'Canes to win as much as anyone, but some of the petty remarks about taking this kid is just embarrassing. Who really gives a happy siht if the RL3 is on scholarship or not?

Advertisement

you dont get it?...

I think people in this thread are overstating the effect RL3 will have in recruiting. Of course people will react different hearing Ray Lewis lll over Kevin Olsen because that's Ray Lewis's son. But when it comes to talent, I would bet, if Kevin Olsen committed to Miami a top offensive WR/Te that is considering Miami will go look at the options and see 5* Kevin Olsen as the Qb and go check out his highlights and say "i want that Qb throwing to me" not I want to go to Miami cuz Ray Lewis son is going there as well.

I would even go far as saying Duke Johnson has more pull with recruits than RL3 will ever have. Duke is a kid that recruits flock to and listen to what he says, I don't see Lewis lll in the same mold, not even close.

its the pull his father would have man... think about it!

Thank you, I feel the kid is going to become a great player maybe not until his RS-JR or RS-SR year though but he will come through for us in the later part of his time at the U. He has upside and he can be developed. He may not play RB, may end up a safety. He has some talent now, slow but elusive, cuts well and seems to have heart... GENES, like I said earlier his dad wasnt highly recruited. and that can be the same here, before you know it, he may become a LB... Who knows, people need to stop hating on the kid and give him a chance. Miami will get quality players in years to come. We will fill quality schollies for the 2013 class. Sean Spence, undersized but he had heart. Ray Lewis Sr, undersized but had heart, Ed Reed was undersized but had heart.... These people kill me with all their ridicule... give him time, yes he does seem undersized and needs much development. Like I said with time and a few Utough's and some leadership under golden he will make a difference, lets trust in Golden he sees something in the kid. I see it too, thats heart, and i must say you cant forget the GENES... I dont care what most of you say I would love to have Lewis Sr. on our sidelines for 4 to 5 years as a regular especially after he retires. That alone can bring in the top talent in the state year after year. If you ask me Golden is a genius. If put in the same position I would do the same. RL is probably the best player Miami has every had.

you dont get it?...

its the pull his father would have man... think about it!

Again, kids will get excited to see Ray Lewis cuz he's Ray Lewis but that's it. Sub has said earlier what he can do at the school will be limited, so the pull to come to Miami won't be as big as some of you are making it.

Advertisement
Back