WELCOME TO THE U, KEVIN OLSEN

Ayo Rollin.

If I was to say I'd trade you Brady Hoke for Al Golden, what would you say?

Been a big fan of Golden since Temple and I love the guy but I would have to strongly consider that one. You guys got a great one for sure.

I'd honestly say that Hoke and Golden are quite comparable. Both have has some moderate success at schools that are traditionally very hard to do well at, and now both have been given the keys to big time programs.

I'll reserve judgement on both coaches for another 5 years.. because I don't think 1 good season is enough to call Hoke a great coach (look at Charlie Weis). In the end though, I think Golden has a higher ceiling than Hoke, but that's just my opinion. He was my second choice (other than Harbaugh) after I knew RR would be fired at the end of the season.

Golden Hoke is a tough debate. But Hoke is cleaning up this year with recruits. Im rooting for Hoke, I hope he beats the crap out of OSU every year.
Definately have to give a couple more seasons before making that choice. Hoke is doing a great job. But I dont think others around the country realize the problems miami was having under shannon.

Advertisement
As long as we're comparing 1st year coaches at new schools: Dana Holgorsen vs. Brady Hoke vs. Al Golden....

I'll hang up and listen.

As long as we're comparing 1st year coaches at new schools: Dana Holgorsen vs. Brady Hoke vs. Al Golden....

I'll hang up and listen.

I think Hoke > Holgorson > Golden in year one. Remember, once the Miramar well runs dry for WVU, you boys will be ****ed. It already appears that it is starting.

Advertisement
I think golden had the worse first year but he also might of walked into the worse situation of the three. hoke is a great coach and a good fit for michigan.

15.gif

Hoke>Golden? From Canes themselves? How about RichRod>>>>>>>>>>>>>>corch. Easy to win games when you actually have some semblance of a team to work with, including a Heisman contender QB. One place Hoke has Golden beat is in his DC hire though...Greg Mattison is a top DC who turned around an awful D. D'Onofrio refused to adjust last year and a few games were embarassments from a playcalling/scheme standpoint.

Advertisement
you might as well throw Coker out of the first time HC discussion. there is NO ONE that walked into a situation like Joker. No One

he is an anomaly and the evidence is there that he sucks as a HC by the lack of offers from real programs

Advertisement
i wish coker never happened. wouldnt give the national championship back but coker...... **** man.

Hoke>Golden? From Canes themselves? How about RichRod>>>>>>>>>>>>>>corch. Easy to win games when you actually have some semblance of a team to work with, including a Heisman contender QB. One place Hoke has Golden beat is in his DC hire though...Greg Mattison is a top DC who turned around an awful D. D'Onofrio refused to adjust last year and a few games were embarassments from a playcalling/scheme standpoint.

so who do you like??

Advertisement
It got moved because I screwed something up with the original thread that was in here. So the WEZ thread was moved here, so that the recruiting board would have something about Olsen committing.

so who do you like??

I like Coach Golden. He's a program builder who's organized and understands the principles and process behind winning football. All the greats share that much in common. The defense will improve (it already has by leaps and bounds) because of the way Golden and D'Onofrio develop talent in the weight room and with fundamentals.

only one thing concerns me with Olsen, he looks like a girl. don't no if i want that guy here. how can you be a leader of young men if you look like Bieber?

How dare you blaspheme the anointed one? We will all watch in awe at the rebirth of the mighty Cane empire!

Advertisement
Back