Welcome to CanesInSight 2.0

View as article
My Tapatalk doesn’t work anymore. Is there a mobile app we can use like it??

If it’s been posted my bad I’m just not used to this version yet.

Advertisement
My Tapatalk doesn’t work anymore. Is there a mobile app we can use like it??

If it’s been posted my bad I’m just not used to this version yet.

The forum is responsive, so it will adjust its self based on your screen size. Give that a try and see if ti works for you.

Advertisement
Challenging or not, it's an upgrade that helps get CIS on par with the others. Change is inevitable and program upgrades, like 'em or not, are necessary. Good decision/action guys. Go Canes & CIS!!!

Advertisement
Starting to see the benefits. Starting to understand how everything works in this new system. Liking it so far.

Just make a 40 posts per page option. 20 is too little.

Advertisement
My complaints for the upgrades(downgrades) on a mobile

1- on the forum page, the only date you see is the last post, not original thread date. Before you could see both.
2 - inside a thread, you used to be able to flip pages both at the top and bottom. Now, you have to go to bottom. Sometimes you know you’re shooting straight to the last page but it make you scroll all the way down for that
3- you cant see a posters post count and account start date directly in the thread. We used to use this to point out trolls .
4- spell check is not working on iPhone . We have enough dudes spelling **** wrong as it is.

That’s it for now. I guess put me in the group that says “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. Maybe you can have a Canesinsight Classic mode.. and give users an option to go back?

Advertisement
Welcome to the new version of CanesInSight!

Today we moved CanesInSight from the outdate vBulletin 4 platform to the modern Xenforo 2. We know the new site is going to take some time to get used to, but we are confident the added features well make it worth it.

The number one goal of the new version was to make it easier for fans to interact. Our previous platform was outdated and not suited for browsing on the many different mobile devices that exist today. The new version of CanesInSight is responsive and will work on whatever size screen you have.

We also wanted a website that was faster, and supported modern standards. Our previous platform was slow, clunky and no longer in development. Xenforo 2 is a brand forum software, with active developers, and supports modern standards. Over the next few weeks we will make changes to our server configuration to full advantage of the new capabilities.

If you have suggestions or need help, please visit the forum below.
https://www.canesinsight.com/forums/website-suggestion-support.28/

Looking good so far...

My complaints for the upgrades(downgrades) on a mobile

1- on the forum page, the only date you see is the last post, not original thread date. Before you could see both.
2 - inside a thread, you used to be able to flip pages both at the top and bottom. Now, you have to go to bottom. Sometimes you know you’re shooting straight to the last page but it make you scroll all the way down for that
3- you cant see a posters post count and account start date directly in the thread. We used to use this to point out trolls .
4- spell check is not working on iPhone . We have enough dudes spelling **** wrong as it is.

That’s it for now. I guess put me in the group that says “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. Maybe you can have a Canesinsight Classic mode.. and give users an option to go back?

Point 1 - Not much I can, there just isn't room
Point 2 - I will add this to the list of suggestions
Point 3 - I will add to this the list of suggestions, it might be difficult to find space
Point 4 - There is a bug with the editor that I am working on, not sure it fixes this, but one can hope

Nice work on upgrade. Probably good idea to setup redirects from old forum links (canesinsight.com/forum/eye-sky) to the new ones (canesinsight.com/forums/eye-in-the-sky.9/) for those from the old school that use bookmarks or chrome history

Nice work on upgrade. Probably good idea to setup redirects from old forum links (canesinsight.com/forum/eye-sky) to the new ones (canesinsight.com/forums/eye-in-the-sky.9/) for those from the old school that use bookmarks or chrome history

Yes, I am working on it, same with threads and articles.

Advertisement
Back