Welcom to the U......BTW Defensive End Demetrius Jackson

They didn't accept his commit because you have to visit the campus first which he did not do. Good policy. Why take a commit when all the kid is gonna do is say no thank you when he spends some time in Arkansas. Unless he is the lacrosse player.

@Budda03: Arkansas is the best place 2 be, no matter if its sports, relax or retire! Its just where you wanna be so why not become a hog. Simple #wps

Advertisement
I found this to be interesting:
"Earlier this month he committed to Arkansas after former Cane Coach and current Arkansas assistant Randy Shannon watched him get five sacks in a spring scrimmage. He also has offers from Louisville and FIU."

Hold the presses...5 sacks in a scrimmage!!!

SMH

I found this to be interesting:
"Earlier this month he committed to Arkansas after former Cane Coach and current Arkansas assistant Randy Shannon watched him get five sacks in a spring scrimmage. He also has offers from Louisville and FIU."

Hold the presses...5 sacks in a scrimmage!!!

SMH

Considering he's never played HS ball before & at a big time program, yeah I'd say there should be some notoriety there.

Here's my question, RidLer80, is the program at the point where we can afford to find out which one he is? (I say No.) But I am open to finding out if it mends the fences with Ice and BTW..

Advertisement
Here's my question, RidLer80, is the program at the point where we can afford to find out which one he is? (I say No.) But I am open to finding out if it mends the fences with Ice and BTW..

We're not at the point where we're able to take projects like this on the defensive side of the ball. On offense, we have plenty of depth and proven talent.

On the DL we have no depth or proven talent. Especially after this season.

We lose Porter, Robinson, Green and Cain.

Who's behind them? Pierre at DT and Chick at DE and then a whole bunch of question marks.

Signing day is a ways away. We've already seen this staff not have issue with taking heat from the pipeline school. If he does nothing this year, they'll probably find a way to push him elsewhere. If he blows up, then they were there from the beginning.

Advertisement

We're not at the point where we're able to take projects like this on the defensive side of the ball. On offense, we have plenty of depth and proven talent.

Who's behind them? Pierre at DT and Chick at DE and then a whole bunch of question marks.

Jackson or some guy you've heard of is gonna be unproven going into 2014. They shouldn't be depended on. McCord needs to be a player. So does Hoilett. Thats what development is about. Three years into the program those two need to be ready to go as a junior and a r-soph.

I love quail. Got me a fine bird dog, and I really didn't teach him diddly schitt. Just a few adjustments here and there.

Last year, we didn't even have a project.

Projects, or empty Dline?

I'll take projects, as they must have seen something in this young man to merit an offer.

Exactly. It's one thing to take flyers on unproven kids. It's another to take flyers on unproven kids at your biggest position of need.

Advertisement

Exactly. It's one thing to take flyers on unproven kids. It's another to take flyers on unproven kids at your biggest position of need.

IF they are hoping high school kids in this class are going to be full time contributors at those positions and depended on in 2014 then they are screwed anyway. Kid has a whole season to "prove" himself. Not that it will matter once he gets to college. He'll have to do it all over again.

We are hopefully in the best position we will ever be to take chances on kids. It's not like DL recruits are lining up outside our door, and Golden has proven effective at moving kids along if they don't perform. If we have a full class of low miss DL in February I am confident Golden will push this kid elsewhere, in the meantime, why not be on him early before he blows up? That's what people are always *****ing about anyway, right?

We are hopefully in the best position we will ever be to take chances on kids. It's not like DL recruits are lining up outside our door, and Golden has proven effective at moving kids along if they don't perform. If we have a full class of low miss DL in February I am confident Golden will push this kid elsewhere, in the meantime, why not be on him early before he blows up? That's what people are always *****ing about anyway, right?

No. We ***** about kids who have already proven something on the field in an actual game. This guy's resume is a spring scrimmage.

Advertisement
HAHAHAHA we are not in a position to be taking chances on defense.

You find me the line out the door for "elite" defensive linemen that want to sign here that we took him over.

This board sometimes...

I see what you're both saying. Sort of like poker isn't it? Saban could take a chance on a 'potential Jason Pierre-Paul' in the making because he has X Y and Z studs already committed so it wouldn't hurt him one way or another, and he could always squeeze the guy off the offer list if he had a crappy season. He's the chip leader, can be bully right now, and can take a few 20/80 all-in risks. We've been put in a bind with Bond potentially not making it and missing out on 3 of our top DL targets already this year, so we have to make a move and hope it's a double up or we get blinded out. Or do we? Not sure really but I see what you're both saying. Probably best to secure him now and hope it works out. If nothing else it could help setup Bethel (Patten) & Thomas a bit perhaps.

He's Denver Kirkland's cousin. Holy **** talk about hat switch party gonna be going on.

(Not really, I'm nothing like my cousins, but will always be in the back of my mind on signing day if he really is his cousin).

Kirkland never actually committed, but still, after last year, it will be hard to trust a BTW kid until the letter is in--well knid of. Regardless, welcome to THE U young man. You can restart the pipeline.

Did Kirkland qualify? I know its Arkansas, but Kirkland was real suspect to make it in...

When you're a college program, you are ALWAYS in a position to take fliers on extremely athletic big men with seemingly high up side. This young man isn't filling the spot of some elite lineman who was going to come in and instantly turn the defense around. If he has the athleticism and is willing to be taught and work hard; it's precisely what you want. Elite players are rare luxuries.

Advertisement
Back