Weekend Visits

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don’t remember which year or who we brought in, but we had a lot of success in turning LBs into DEs. I think one was Danny Stubbs. Others were probably Kevin Patrick and I know for sure Darren Krein was a USAToday 2nd Team A-A LB in Aurora, Co. If we had recruited him as a DE he would not have come although staff knew that would be his best position.

Shannon himself was a DB coming out of Norland.

Jimmy Johnson once said that our 4-3 was basically a “5 LB” defense. The three standing LBs and the two DEs. If he had been the coach at the time, he never would have switched Alonzo Highsmith to RB but kept him at DE with Stubbs so the pair could terrorize opposing QBs.

He did say those things. Remember reading them in print.

Hear me now, believe me later.

I was talking about the year we landed Brown, Futch, Spence, Buchanon, Marti, etc and missed out on the gem of that whole LB class (David) and not the classic years where we were just faster at every position. None of those dudes converted to DE or other positions. They were all busts minus Spence.

I was talking about the year we landed Brown, Futch, Spence, Buchanon, Marti, etc and missed out on the gem of that whole LB class (David) and not the classic years where we were just faster at every position. None of those dudes converted to DE or other positions. They were all busts minus Spence.
David went to Juco out of Hs

David went to Juco out of Hs

Yeah, I know, but it's still comical how we got a whole class of LBers and the one local kid who went away and went to Nebraska was the real star. Shannon recruited that whole **** team anyway, except for him! Didn't we get like 7 or 8 kids from NW that year? Goes to show recruiting rankings and amateur scouts know ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back