Weekend OVs -

Someone justify why Stevenson isn’t t a 5 star but Dent is?
No dissin Dent he deserves his rank. But Stevenson a 4 star. El O El!!
Nobody really knows if he’s a CB or Safety in college.

Advertisement
Miami Southridge Top100 defensive back Tyrique Stevenson took his much anticipated official visit to Miami this weekend.

(Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
The All-American was joined on the trip by his entire immediate family and girlfriend. No one mattered more however than mom.

“It was great,” Stevenson told InsideTheU on Sunday. “You know my mom got the feeling of UM. I was trying to teach her the feeling and she actually got that feeling just being around [Mark Richt] and [Ephraim Banda] this weekend. It was really a great visit.”

Stevenson and his group got to the hotel late Thursday. At the time Stevenson wasn’t sure if Banda was going to follow Manny Diaz to Temple or not. But once he found out on Friday that Banda was going to stay and be named co-defensive coordinator alongside Jonathan Patke he was a bit relieved.

“It’s really big because you know Georgia just lost a DC and you know to know that if I come to Miami my position coach would also be my DC would be a big blessing for me.”

Stevenson’s recruitment has long been viewed as a two-team battle between the Bulldogs and Hurricanes. Stevenson did however spend last weekend at Florida which had some thinking the Gators might have a hat on the table after a late charge.

"Florida you know kind of crept up, but they aren't really a big factor in where I'm deciding to go it's either Miami or Georgia," Stevenson said. “Really Miami and Georgia have been my best visits.”

Stevenson added that this trip to UM was different.

“This one kind of stands out in first place really. You know this time I went out and got to hang the players. It was a great vibe. Everyone just tried to keep things up front instead of trying to hide stuff. This visit was just better than most of the ones that I have took.”

One of the highlights of the visit for Stevenson was taking a photo on Saturday with Richt and a white board that read: #MakeTheCribGreat.

"Me and Coach Banda actually made that sign up. I was the first one to take a picture with it and then everyone else wanted to do it."

Stevenson is still on track to announce a decision on Jan. 5 at the All-American Game in San Antonio.

“I don’t know still," he said when asked if he knows where he's going. "You know this weekend I kind of got my mind out of the receruitment, but these next few days are going to be hard just figuring it out."

Does he still plan to sign on Wednesday?

COMMENTS
“Probably. I’m going to talk to my mom though. You know I could sign or I could wait and see what Georgia is going to do.”

Stevenson (6-0.5, 202) is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 2 cornerback this cycle. The 247Sports' Crystal Ball currently reads 75 percent in favor of the Bulldogs with the Hurricanes holding 25 percent of the forecasts from recruiting experts.

Advertisement
Miami and UGA 50/50, may not sign Wednesday to wait and see who UGA hires at DC.

Him having a relationship with Banda helps in this aspect when Richt promoted him. Unless UGA promotes within he won't have a relationship with his new DC. Also this shows kids you pick a school not a coach. Mel Tucker was a huge reason Tyson went to UGA and he's gone a year later

Advertisement
He says “It was cool for the most part,” but with over 20 recruits on campus he says “I felt like more love could have been shown.”Because he has mixed feelings as he heads back home to Georgia, Holley says his inclination right now is to wait until February to sign.“But I have to talk to my parents about it,” Holley said.He stresses that he has no plans to decommit, and says no other schools are in his picture “right now.”“I just might want to wait to make sure,” Holley said. “I’m not looking at any other schools right now, I’m pretty solid with Miami. I probably wouldn’t take other visits. I’m going to sit down with my parents and figure it out. If my parents want me to I’ll probably still sign early. We’ll figure it out.”In other words, at the end of the day Holley could still wind up signing on Wednesday.So what was it about the visit that was an issue for him, and can it be resolved in the next 48-72 hours?“I don’t have a comment on that one,” Holley said.Holley’s take on the visit itself:His host was Realus George, who he knows from his home state.“Me and him are real cool, he’s a real cool dude,” Holley said.He lists his favorite part of the visit “as the photo shoot with my future teammates.”Yes, he said `Future teammates.’ So the mixed messages are a bit difficult to interpret here.Of Jess Simpson, the DL coach, Holley said, “He’s real cool. I’ve known him since I was little.”And Holley also said he like having the new defensive coordinators come from the current staff.“They said they’ll use me the same as if Manny (Diaz) was here, I know the philosophy won’t change,” Holley said.
One of his teammates made a comment to me a few weeks ago that made me feel not so great about him to UM. But he has a good cast of folks in his life and I think that relationship with Jess is gonna be too much to turn down.

One of his teammates made a comment to me a few weeks ago that made me feel not so great about him to UM. But he has a good cast of folks in his life and I think that relationship with Jess is gonna be too much to turn down.

What was the comment?

Advertisement
His comment made it seem like he would either sign with us or potentially wait to see who UGA hires. Just my opinion but that’s what I got from that.

One of the highlights of the visit for Stevenson was taking a photo on Saturday with Richt and a white board that read: #MakeTheCribGreat.

this is amazing and yet at the same time frustrating that he waits might wait for Georgia🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back