Week 1 Depth Chart

If I was Frierson I would transfer... no way would I play a made up position with no NFL value my entire cfb career. Safety is his money position but he will be the next UDFA thanks to Manny.

Advertisement
If I was Frierson I would transfer... no way would I play a made up position with no NFL value my entire cfb career. Safety is his money position but he will be the next UDFA thanks to Manny.
Well, the equivalent nfl position to striker would be"in the box safety"!!

No, there are people who actually hate him & want him to fail.

And again, people for whatever reason seem to not understand that Enox's offense can debilitate a talented WR.

Lashlee's offense is a high volume fast paced tempo offense that is QB & WR friendly, predicated on quick routes & quick reads, which means a kid like Pope will thrive in it.

James Proche lead the nation in catches & was top 10 in yards & TD's for WR's, and he was a mid-tier 3-star coming out of HS. This system is conducive for high productivity.

I wouldn’t worry about who hates him or not. If he showed out that would be a non issue. Even if he gets the benefit of struggling with a complex play book. Let’s look at the things he can control.
1. His size. He is going into his Jr year, yet still looks like he did in HS. He has minimal if any muscle gain. I haven’t heard anything about his strength numbers but I can’t imagine he is amongst the strongest of the skill kids. His lack of strength is noticeable as he easy to tackle and redirect off his routes. That can be a reason why he hasn’t seen the field as much or performed to his talent.
2. His hands. He dropped quite a few passes early on and I believe that may have hurt him. He seems to have improved there but with little opportunities it still sticks out.

Ultimately he is a big time talent who came in with big expectations and he has done very little on or off the field to give anyone confidence in his abilities to this point. We need him to put perform a kid like Harley because it would make our offense more explosive. It’s all on him to do it.

It nearly cost Simmons from Clemson. There was talk of him not having a position because he played the same position (officially) at Clemson as Dorian O'Daniel who has done little in KC. Of course, Simmons was so athletic that he lined up everywhere and demonstrated crazy versatility. Frierson doesn't have that type of talent but I agree about striker being a death sentence. If I was a player I'd prefer to play safety or linebacker instead of neither and then coming out of college without a position.

If we're not going to recruit players with 'Miami speed' then we'll need to manufacture it.
Frierson Carter, Bolden, Keontra are meant to play near the LOS, and with our challenges with depth at LB we can afford to get creative.
Not the way bolden tackles. He’s not an in the box safety. Now Gurvin hall and Frierson will lay some lumber on you as a box safety

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back