Week 1 Depth Chart

Scaife is our best OL. He needs to play T. That’s good Traore was looking good at G. If Campbell has improved greatly at T then give him another shot to start there. Zion needs to be on the bench.

The staff continues to fight scaife at tackle , he’s not great but he’s head and shoulders the best guy. Campbell still scares me outside.

Advertisement
I'm sure this topic has been brought up before and it surely won't be the last time from now until the opener but here are my projected starters come week 1 against Temple.

QB-King
RB-Harris
WR-Harley
WR Wiggins
WR-Payton
TE-Jordan
T-Scaife
G-Clark
C-Gaynor
G-Campbell
T-Nelson or Herbert

DE-GR15
DT-Ford
DT-Miller
DE-Roche
LB-McCloud
LB-Brooks
Striker-Frierson
CB-Blades
S-Bolden
S-Hall
CB-Williams

K-Borregales
P-Big Lou
PR-Pope/Restrepo/Rooster
KR-Rooster
KR-Pope/Restrepo

QB-King
RB-Harris Very average RB
WR- Anybody but Harley
WR Wiggins
WR-Payton
TE-Jordan
T-Scaife
G-Clark
C-Gaynor
G-Campbell
T-Nelson or Herbert - Green **** vs Brown ****

DE-GR15
DT-Ford
DT-Miller
DE-Roche - I believe Phillips Take this spot
LB-McCloud
LB-Brooks
Striker-Frierson
CB-Blades
S-Bolden
S-Hall
CB-Williams

K-Borregales
P-Big Lou
PR-Pope/Restrepo/Rooster
KR-Rooster
KR-Pope/Restrepo

LT Campbell, Nelson, Elgammal

LG Rivers, Traore, Griffith

C Gaynor, Clark, Scibelli

RG Donaldson, Reed, Hillery

RT Scaife, Herbert, Washington

Is Donaldson still on the team, there was NO mention of him during the spring

Advertisement
There aren't any better options at WR. I'm taking Payton over Pope right now. I agree with Donaldson, if he wasn't hurt now I would have put him in for Campbell. Miller has been a lot more effective than Nesta. DT was a tough projection too.
Pope and Payton are completely different wide receivers, very hard to compare. Payton telegraphs his routes.He has a lot of talent but y’all hyping him up way too early. He’ll be a great player before he leaves here tho. Miller has been a lot more effect how ? Miller is strictly run stopper.

Pope and Payton are completely different wide receivers, very hard to compare. Payton telegraphs his routes.He has a lot of talent but y’all hyping him up way too early. He’ll be a great player before he leaves here tho. Miller has been a lot more effect how ? Miller is strictly run stopper.
Who’d you rather put in at DT?

Advertisement
Justice seemed to be favoring upperclassmen in the spring depth chart, so I'll take that cue and put zion, clark, rivers on 2nd team for now.

Advertisement
It was encouraging that Holley was first team DT. Would be nice to have a rotation of him, Nesta, Ford, Miller, and Harrison-Hunte.
I think that's exactly what it will be with Roberts redshirting. All those boys will get plenty of burn and I personally think Miller is gonna take a leap, he was very disruptive in limited action last year.

I think that's exactly what it will be with Roberts redshirting. All those boys will get plenty of burn and I personally think Miller is gonna take a leap, he was very disruptive in limited action last year.
It would be great to rotate those 5 guys and redshirt Moise and Roberts. I think Roberts eventually moves inside and Moise becomes a OL.

DE Quincy Roche, Jah Harvey, Chantz Williams

DT Greg Rousseau, Jalar Holley, Jared Hunte

DT Nesta Silvera, Jordan Miller, Jon Ford

DE Jaelan Phillips, Jason Blissett, Cam Williams

Redshirt: Q. Williams, E. Roberts

Advertisement
DE Quincy Roche, Jah Harvey, Chantz Williams

DT Greg Rousseau, Jalar Holley, Jared Hunte

DT Nesta Silvera, Jordan Miller, Jon Ford

DE Jaelan Phillips, Jason Blissett, Cam Williams

Redshirt: Q. Williams, E. Roberts
Yea no Rousseau isn’t moving inside unless it’s on 3rd downs.

Yea no Rousseau isn’t moving inside unless it’s on 3rd downs.

It's unlikely but there is precedent here with Baraka Atkins and Allen Bailey making the switch full time.

At least half of Rousseau's sacks were from DT or NT with Garvin & Hill at DE.

The 3-man DL got flack from us fans but it was effective, especially with Carter blitzing.

If I was Diaz/Baker I'd consider using this lineup frequently:

DE Roche
DT Rousseau
DE Phillips
LB McCloud
LB Carter
ST Frierson
CB Couch
CB Blades
CB Ivey
SS Bolden
FS Hall

This allows for versatility from Carter and McCloud, each of whom can show blitz and/or drop back in coverage. Bolden and Frierson excel near the LOS. Lot of options.

2nd Team 3-2-6

DE Harvey
DT Silvera
DE Blissett
LB Joyner
LB Brooks
ST Smith
CB Washington
CB Clarke
CB C. Williams
SS Avantae
FS Harrell

speed kills

DL - Roche
DL - Rousseau
DL - Phillips
Leo - McCloud
LB - Carter
LB - Frierson
Striker - Bolden
CB - Blades
CB - Ivey
SS - Avantae
FS - Hall

speed kills

DL - Roche
DL - Rousseau
DL - Phillips
Leo - McCloud
LB - Carter
LB - Frierson
Striker - Bolden
CB - Blades
CB - Ivey
SS - Avantae
FS - Hall
I like that lineup in some ways but could you imagine that group trying to tackle an AJ Dillon type RB? That might be ugly

Advertisement
Back