Week 1 Depth Chart

What makes you think Payton will start ? He still has a lot of work to do. He needs to improve on his route running. I hope Donaldson drops some weight, we need him to lock down a guard spot. Miller and Ford starting ? I guess you want Miami to have the slowest DT's of all time. We play so many spread teams. No way Miller and Ford are our dt's.
Why not, there Dt's not cb's or Lb's or wr!! What's your reasoning?

Advertisement
speed kills

DL - Roche
DL - Rousseau
DL - Phillips
Leo - McCloud
LB - Carter
LB - Frierson
Striker - Bolden
CB - Blades
CB - Ivey
SS - Avantae
FS - Hall
Your right, it would get us killed to light in the *** on the Dl plus your running a 3-4 nobody would throw on us teams would average 300 yards rushing!! But the pass rush would be insane!!!

I like that lineup in some ways but could you imagine that group trying to tackle an AJ Dillon type RB? That might be ugly

If we're not going to recruit players with 'Miami speed' then we'll need to manufacture it.
Frierson Carter, Bolden, Keontra are meant to play near the LOS, and with our challenges with depth at LB we can afford to get creative.

Advertisement
If we're not going to recruit players with 'Miami speed' then we'll need to manufacture it.
Frierson Carter, Bolden, Keontra are meant to play near the LOS, and with our challenges with depth at LB we can afford to get creative.
Yeah, like I said I like it in theory. Until a team lines up five 300 lb OLineman, two 275 lb TEs and gives the ball to a 225 lb RB and we watch our defense get pushed out of the stadium. Now against spread teams, I'm down to give it a try.

Yeah, like I said I like it in theory. Until a team lines up five 300 lb OLineman, two 275 lb TEs and gives the ball to a 225 lb RB and we watch our defense get pushed out of the stadium. Now against spread teams, I'm down to give it a try.
Gooner i agree, we need nesta and miller to step up big time cause were slight in the *** after them 2 even ford is kinda slight and after them holley@ harrison hunt arent ready yet.

Pope and Payton are completely different wide receivers, very hard to compare. Payton telegraphs his routes.He has a lot of talent but y’all hyping him up way too early. He’ll be a great player before he leaves here tho. Miller has been a lot more effect how ? Miller is strictly run stopper.

Friend

Miller collapses the oline when he's in there.

Ford seems like a ok run stopper but nothing more

Nesta is all bark and no bite

Manny reverted back to a 4-3 when we played BC in 2018 iirc.

We have the personnel to throw multiple fronts/looks but it might be worth thinking about moving Carter/Frierson/Smith to LB full-time. Or we could keep throwing Ragone out there and hope for the best.

Even if you moved all three to LB there's a bit of a logjam at DB with Hall, Blades, Ivey, Bolden, Avantae, Harrell, Washington, Couch, C. Williams, Balom, Clarke, Dunson

McCloud, Joyner and Huff are our only healthy LBs at the moment:

Jennings -hip
Steed - knee
Brooks - shoulder
Cave - shoulder
Flagg - knee

Advertisement
The Pope haters will have to convert.

You all have no idea...

I don’t believe there are Pope haters, just Pope realists. Dude hasn’t lived up to his ⭐️ ranking. There was some improvement last year but judging how quickly other quality WR’s on other teams demonstrated the skills, he is behind.

Manny reverted back to a 4-3 when we played BC in 2018 iirc.

We have the personnel to throw multiple fronts/looks but it might be worth thinking about moving Carter/Frierson/Smith to LB full-time. Or we could keep throwing Ragone out there and hope for the best.

Even if you moved all three to LB there's a bit of a logjam at DB with Hall, Blades, Ivey, Bolden, Avantae, Harrell, Washington, Couch, C. Williams, Balom, Clarke, Dunson

McCloud, Joyner and Huff are our only healthy LBs at the moment:

Jennings -hip
Steed - knee
Brooks - shoulder
Cave - shoulder
Flagg - knee
Hey rok, true but that's ok bout the depth of lb's because were not playing right now when we are back to playing were gonna have a log jam at backer just like you said we have at db's

Hey rok, true but that's ok bout the depth of lb's because were not playing right now when we are back to playing were gonna have a log jam at backer just like you said we have at db's

Yes sir we'll be fine when guys get healthy.

But if I was Manny I'd move one among Carter/Frierson/Smith to LB regardless.

Advertisement
I think frierson takes a big step this year kinda like finley did his junior yr! If frierson didnt redshirt in' 18 he would be a junior this year

I'm sure this topic has been brought up before and it surely won't be the last time from now until the opener but here are my projected starters come week 1 against Temple.

QB-King
RB-Harris
WR-Harley
WR Wiggins
WR-Payton
TE-Jordan
T-Scaife
G-Clark
C-Gaynor
G-Campbell
T-Nelson or Herbert

DE-GR15
DT-Ford
DT-Miller
DE-Roche
LB-McCloud
LB-Brooks
Striker-Frierson
CB-Blades
S-Bolden
S-Hall
CB-Williams

K-Borregales
P-Big Lou
PR-Pope/Restrepo/Rooster
KR-Rooster
KR-Pope/Restrepo

I REALLY would like to see Pope supplant Harley in this lineup. Having Harley as our experienced senior back up ala Andre King, would be great.

I REALLY would like to see Pope supplant Harley in this lineup. Having Harley as our experienced senior back up ala Andre King, would be great.
Trust me I’d love it if Pope took a big step this year but I just don’t see that happening. I’ll gladly eat crow if he does. Need everyone to step it up on offense this year.

Advertisement
Trust me I’d love it if Pope took a big step this year but I just don’t see that happening. I’ll gladly eat crow if he does. Need everyone to step it up on offense this year.

The lost spring was huge for guys like hope. usually spring after a player's soph season is a big turning point for a lot of kids.

Payton has so much hype by fans here that I am afraid he is getting built up too much. He was a nice WR in HS but even at that level he was just a possession WR. He is not a plus athlete by any means, he ran a 4.7 at a camp where other kids were running 4.4s and 4.5s.

I want him to be great, just not sure he will be what fans here think

Last edited:
I don’t believe there are Pope haters, just Pope realists. Dude hasn’t lived up to his ⭐ ranking. There was some improvement last year but judging how quickly other quality WR’s on other teams demonstrated the skills, he is behind.
No, there are people who actually hate him & want him to fail.

And again, people for whatever reason seem to not understand that Enox's offense can debilitate a talented WR.

Lashlee's offense is a high volume fast paced tempo offense that is QB & WR friendly, predicated on quick routes & quick reads, which means a kid like Pope will thrive in it.

James Proche lead the nation in catches & was top 10 in yards & TD's for WR's, and he was a mid-tier 3-star coming out of HS. This system is conducive for high productivity.

Advertisement
Back