Wednesday, 9/7 Media: Mario Cristobal, Jake Garcia, Andy Borregales, Jalen Rivers

Advertisement
I think some folks are overreacting to last weeks game defensively. There was a bunch of gap integrity breakdowns, losing contain on scrambles / cutbacks.

There was also issues in the secondary, Ivey taking the awful angle on the drag route allowed a first down. There’s no way a mesh concept gets a third and 23. You give up a catch in front of the coverage and make the tackle. Not only did he take a bad angle , trip over his feet he took out another defender trying to make a play. I know it’s cliche to pick on 8 but at this point the staff is at fault if they keep throwing him out there , especially if this trend continues. He’s not starting himself.
I know everyone was howling about the time Flagg blitzed and the QB took off. He should have run into a DE but we lost contain.

Advertisement
I am pretty certain i was the first one on this board to harp on the poor play by Flagg. The reason was, he was getting a lot of positive comments about his play (namely one play) against Pitt his freshman year. From that point on, I decided to play close attention to him pretty much every snap from there on, because i was so desperate for good LB play.

It was insane what i was watching the rest of that year. Missing tackles, too slow to cover RBS or TE and just running himself out of plays (or into a blocker that he could never disengage). It was bad. I spoke out pretty loudly about it, and was met with a chorus of “You’re wrong, he’ s a bright spot for us” or “He is the smartest player out there” type of stuff. Eventually, most of this board saw what i saw.

I continued to watch him closely, and I must admit, towards the end of the year last year, spring game, and this first game here- he has improved. He sometimes clogs the correct lane now,,and sometimes doesn’t have tackles broken on him. He appears to me to be a very average linebacker now, which is nowhere good enough for what we as canes fans want and deserves. But he is no longer a negative on almost every play. He is now just an average player, imo.

I haven’t been as vocal against his play Lately for the reason of his improvement as well as the chorus of undeserving praise is not nearly as loud as it once was. That being said, i want someone else to step up. Cam Johnson looked better to me that the improved Flagg, but still not to the level of what a canes MLB should be. Maybe he will get there with more reps.
I'm not sure about that. I remember Lance Roffers highlighting his limitations of his play with a picture analysis as a high school recruit.

We knew what we were getting from the get-go.

I loved Susan getting skipped over.
**** I was looking for to her 5 questions in a row that aren't even close to being football related. What did you have for breakfast this morning? What color polo are you wearing Saturday? Etc...

At least ask him what his favorite beer is.

Wow - actual Special Teams coaching as opposed to whatever Patke was doing...
Patkes daily practice regime

To Do List Nothing GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
Jake got a pretty nice snap count last game, but most of it was in run out the clock time.

I'd love to see him get the 3rd, 4th, and 5th series next game. Everyone knows there's no Qb competition, but let the pup get some meaningful snaps.
Not necessary. His time will come. Don’t disrupt TVD’s feel for the game

Advertisement
Where the cot **** videos?? Mario, get on that PR and media room next, please. Thank you, sir.

Markeith flying down hill and making a tackle on the ball carrier was a thing of beauty. I was like “ who the f is that “? He didn’t hesitate at all, he went and attacked. 31 also stuck out some.
Loved that

I remember seeing the play and when I looked up who it was (yeah I had to haha) I was like **** yeah

Markeith and Jaden Harris I thought really flew under the radar around signing day

Advertisement
8 is on his third db coach. At some point the staff has to realize he’s a practice player. That’s where due diligence comes in on their parts. This isn’t reinventing the wheel , it’s covering a dude and tackling.

Btw I said “ if this trend continues and if they keep throwing him out there“, so let’s stop acting like they’re beyond reproach or making excuses. It’s simple , if he keeps doing the same things he’s been doing for four years something has to be done. If not , it’s the staff not Ivey deserving the blame.
How is it so obvious to us fans, and not to these coaches that are getting paid big $$$? Il never understand.

Markeith flying down hill and making a tackle on the ball carrier was a thing of beauty. I was like “ who the f is that “? He didn’t hesitate at all, he went and attacked. 31 also stuck out some.
I literally had to pull out the roster to see who 18 was After that play.
31 was aggressive. As was 32, though he was caught out of position a few times

Lol flagg is sorry af he was out there getting penalized because people were talking **** about him in the stands the kids not good and we all know ivey is straight up garbage we are gonna get picked on if they keep playing.

I wish they’d do like the kid on remember the titans and tell the coach they wanna get taken out the game

I've done that to myself, in a playoff game at that

got an unsportsmanlike penalty roughing the passer where I just buried a kid to the point where he was on the ground for a good 5 minutes. I was reckless in my pass rushing ( this was in flag football and I think I was 13 MAYBE 14 but I doubt it ).

they ran an option play and he pitched it so late I had no way to recover

I just turned and walked off the field and sat on the end of the bench away from everyone for I believe the rest of the game.

I don't expect flagg to do it, i'd be surprised if anyone in division 1 football ever did it honestly.

Advertisement
Back