Weak *** scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://fbschedules.com/

Was going through most of the top teams in each conference on here and have been hard pressed to find a team that schedules more than on P5 team a year. Georgia does but one of those teams is always GT which has never been a marque team.
The schools scheduling a second P5 team regularly are almost always scheduling an instate rival. Like Clemson/South Carolina. or Georgia/Georgia Tech.

Advertisement
Way to ignore the fact that we have scheduled games in precisely the locations you bemoaned that we weren't scheduling any games.

But please, carry on.

Not sure what your brain can't process, other than probably a lot of things. I'm acutely aware of who we've scheduled. That wasn't and isn't the point. These games aren't mutually exclusive. Just because we schedule a home/home with Michigan State or TAMU doesn't mean that scheduling USF and FIU isn't still a missed opportunity. Does that help? Probably not, but I'll always try.

Take a look at Florida's future schedule. As of now, the next time they play and OOC game outside Florida is 2029. They may schedule a neutral site game along the way but they fill their schedule with ****** teams year in and year out. They would schedule 4 non-P5 teams if the State didn't mandate they play FSU every year.

Sweep Coastal, beat Clemson. That's the path to the CFP. No sense scheduling tough OOC games unless it's for a rival like UF or ND. This team has yet to show the mental toughness and preparation to win several consecutive games against competent opponents so why would you load up your schedule with them?

If we don't have the "mental toughness and preparation" to handle ONE MORE Power 5 team than we currently play, then we don't deserve to be in the College Football Playoff anyhow.

Why would we "load up" our schedule with them? So we can sell tickets, play good teams, impress recruits (who want to play against good competition), and show the Committee that we deserve an at-large spot if we don't win our conference.

Good lord, think about what people are arguing. They have NO PROBLEMS with us playing ONE Power 5 opponent, but if we play TWO Power 5 opponents, suddenly we are incapable of winning or making the CFP.

This pussification of UM is getting out of hand.

Anyone, anytime, anywhere. That used to be our motto.

Now we have fans arguing for 1 Power 5 opponent instead of 2 Power 5 opponents.

Pathetic.

Who’s in charge of that? We consistently have a weak schedule every year. As much as I want to see us consistently win 10 games a year, I’m tired of us playing FAMU, Bethune Cookman, Savannah State, now Southern Mississippi, FIU, FAU and then we announce that we’re doing a home and home with USF. Mostly every year our hardest game on the schedule is FSU with the exception of a couple. I’m sure schools negatively recruit against us in that they play 4 to 5 big games a year while we may have 2.

With all due respect. Just Fackin Win Baby. NCAA will soon open the door to an elite 8. At which point we need find a way into that party year in & year out. By hook or by crook, I couldn't care less.

FFS We open with Bama next year. We will continue to get marquee games Week 1, which works in our favor regardless.

This is a way to manage a roster properly, while putting yourself in position to get the nod when it matters.

Advertisement
Slated? Was Miami still slated for the game after Pitt? Who cares what they were slated for before the season was even complete. I clearly stated that Miami would have to run the Coastal and then beat either Clemson or FSU. They did neither.

So how would a tougher schedule have helped us? If you lose to Pitt, you are probably losing to Bama and OU as well...

Advertisement
The year (2021) we play Alabama, as one of 2 OOC games, the other one being Michigan State, who else does Alabama play?

What other P5 OOC game does Alabama play the year we play them, while we are playing Michigan State?

Here’s your answer: NONE, zero, zip, nada.

View attachment 85950

View attachment 85951

Go FY OP

/CLOSE THREAD

2021 and 2022 with FSU, Clemson, and Texas A&M are very tough schedules. Not sure how anyone could complain about difficulty with what the future looks like

It's following the same model everyone else uses. 1 big power 5 team, 2 group of five teams, and 1 FCS. I would love to trade that FCS game for another power 5 team that's a little lower in the pecking order.

So long as you aren’t scheduling 4 cupcakes (unless you’re in the SEC) no one gives a **** about the schedule.

Advertisement
Complaining about past schedules is weak *** trolling.

Miami playing ND (series), LSU, UF, Bama, Michigan State (series), and TAMU (series) is just fine. I'd love to see a few more series but you need a willing partner.

until we can beat BC, Pitt, duke, ga tech and Virginia every ****** year, I am okay with our non conference schedule.

Advertisement
Who’s in charge of that? We consistently have a weak schedule every year. As much as I want to see us consistently win 10 games a year, I’m tired of us playing FAMU, Bethune Cookman, Savannah State, now Southern Mississippi, FIU, FAU and then we announce that we’re doing a home and home with USF. Mostly every year our hardest game on the schedule is FSU with the exception of a couple. I’m sure schools negatively recruit against us in that they play 4 to 5 big games a year while we may have 2.
Well, we get Michigan State in 2020.
Michigan State and Alabama in 2021.
Texas A&M in 2022 and 2023.

Is that good enough for you?

Just played Notre Dame in 2017, LSU 2018, uf 2019 , Michigan state 2020, bama 2021, Texas a&m in coming years too.

I agree i would like to play less of famu etc but reality is every team has team like that on their schedule
Exactly. I actually like having the easiest schedule we have had in 20 years this year as it will allow the program to gain some momentum as I truly think the only 2 losses will be UF and Clemson in the ACCTG and I think we actually might beat UF . So a 13-1/ 12-2 season would do wonders for the program even if it is sorta padded by crappy teams.

The schools scheduling a second P5 team regularly are almost always scheduling an instate rival. Like Clemson/South Carolina. or Georgia/Georgia Tech.
exactly. In the past we schedules one BIG P5 game but the other P5 game was our instate rival FSU. Now FSU is a conference game (which makes the stakes higher) and UF won't play us. We're still scheduling the other big P5 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back