Weak *** scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're actually proving our point. If we can't regularly beat the likes of AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE teams, what do you think will happen if we schedule even better teams? LOL how will our record look to recruits then?
You can't even see what the results would be of your own argument.
My point isn’t that we should schedule better = more wins. That’s idiotic to be frank. I just hate to see us put up hella yards and run up the score on these garbage teams then we have an embarrassing loss to a competent opponent. We can go 12-0 and there will still be a mystery if we get into the playoffs because the strength of our schedule

Advertisement
This stupid shlt again.

How many times do I have to explain to you geniuses that virtually every P5 team has the same type of schedule. Should I link the dozens of posts where I have explained it. Everybody has this type of a schedule.. Whether it’s Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, us.

There is some variation in some cases, but they generally follow a certain rule. And that is: they play their conference games which is mandatory, that’s usually eight games. Then every P5 team will generally play 2 G5 opponents. And one FCS opponent. And then 1 OOC P5 opponent. There are some exceptions to that sometimes it’s 2 P5 OOC opponents, but that’s an exception.

We schedule no differently than anyone else. Look at bammer’s scheduled and tell me how it’s different than ours.

Give it a fūcking rest, OP

You again show your complete lack of understanding of college football. Bama plays in the SEC West and Miami plays in the ACC Coastal. Those two alone are miles apart in quality. Miami needs to schedule top quality OOC games to make up for the disparity. Miami has no where close the type of schedule Bama has. The playoff committee will give the nod to teams that play in tougher conferences/divisions before they consider ACC Coastal teams, UNLESS that team runs the table in conference, beats a tough OOC opponent and then beats a good Clemson or FSU in the conf title game.

It has nothing to do with rules, nitwit.

Advertisement
My point isn’t that we should schedule better = more wins. That’s idiotic to be frank. I just hate to see us put up hella yards and run up the score on these garbage teams then we have an embarrassing loss to a competent opponent. We can go 12-0 and there will still be a mystery if we get into the playoffs because the strength of our schedule

So then what is your point?

We haven't played well enough over the past decade or so to worry about our SOS. We can't complain when we're losing to crappy teams and praying for bowl eligibility every year.

Advertisement
MIAMI DOESNT GO OUT AND SCHEDULE THAT GAME. SO MIAMI GETS NO CREDIT IN THE SCHEDULING OF TOUGH OOC OPPONENTS.

Is it an OOC? Yes, could care less if the ACC mandates ND is on a cycle with ACC games or not. It goes to the point of it being in an OOC slot, so we now have less wiggle room when scheduling our remaining 3 OOC games.

You again show your complete lack of understanding of college football. Bama plays in the SEC West and Miami plays in the ACC Coastal. Those two alone are miles apart in quality. Miami needs to schedule top quality OOC games to make up for the disparity. Miami has no where close the type of schedule Bama has. The playoff committee will give the nod to teams that play in tougher conferences/divisions before they consider ACC Coastal teams, UNLESS that team runs the table in conference, beats a tough OOC opponent and then beats a good Clemson or FSU in the conf title game.

It has nothing to do with rules, nitwit.

Except Miami was already slated to be in the playoffs (2017) without even beating the best team in our conference. Our OOC games for that year was Bethune Cookman and Toledo. Ark St was not played and you claim that ND doesn't count.

Who cares about a "mystery" if we get in the playoffs?! WTF LOL

Advertisement
I didn't ask WHO we could play, because I have a laundry list of matchups I'd love to see.

My question was WHO in CFP has 2-3 Marquee OOC matchups every year.
Starting from 2015- FAU, Bethune Cookman, Cincinnati in the same year
2016-FAMU, App St., FAU in the same year
2017- Bethune Cookman, Arkansas St, Toledo
2018- Savannah St, Toledo, FIU.

This tired **** again. There is no realistic scenarios in which we go undefeated and don’t make the playoffs.

Can you all that are whining show me some links proving that all these big time teams play multiple big time OOC games on a yearly basis? TIA

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who cares about a "mystery" if we get in the playoffs?! WTF LOL
Have you watched the CFB playoff discussions in November. 90% of the time their talking about if a team should or shouldn’t be in because of their schedule. So i would definitely say the Playoff voters care lol

Except Miami was already slated to be in the playoffs (2017) without even beating the best team in our conference. Our OOC games for that year was Bethune Cookman and Toledo. Ark St was not played and you claim that ND doesn't count.

Slated? Was Miami still slated for the game after Pitt? Who cares what they were slated for before the season was even complete. I clearly stated that Miami would have to run the Coastal and then beat either Clemson or FSU. They did neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back