We Wont win 7 games.

Advertisement
I was at the spring game and I don't think it's too wise to make any bold predictions about your season from a spring game. Especially in an offense vs defense type game.

1. The players on the defense are better than the players on the offense. Our defense is actually loaded with athletes and kids that have experience. There's not a single player on the offense as physically opposing as a Quan Muhammad, Chad Thomas or even Wyche.

2. Lots of offensive players that we expect to depend on, weren't available. Yearby's suspension, Gadbois situation, and Gus was knocked out of the game on the 2nd series (maybe 3rd) with a shoulder. So the run game consisted of guys no one expects to tote the rock. Chocolate wants to try to bounce EVERYTHING out, 22 isn't a Miami caliber starter and neither is 49. Tucker is a hard runner, but not a Mike James, Jarrod Payton type hard runner. A more physical Quatrine Hill maybe???

3. Kayya is too locked into Scott. Period. All 3 pics he threw were intended to him Scott and were tips. Kayya really didn't look comfortable under center. Maybe he doesn't truly trust the oline yet? There's a reason our class is so big this year with that unit.

4. On the few completions he had, COLEY LOOKED EXPLOSIVE! He turned 5 yard catches into 50. He just looks hungrier this spring from last fall. Excited to see him this year.

5. Something many don't understand, but it's very hard for an offense to look good versus a defense that they practice against on a daily basis. Not an excuse, but just remember that our defense has seen every rep the offense has taken on a daily basis for the past so many weeks. There were times when Miami's offense would come out in a certain formation and you could hear the defense communicating and alerting each other what plays to look for JUST FROM THE FORMATION. They were right about many of the situations.

All in all, offensively looked bad and sluggish. I actually liked how our tight ends looked and I feel like our receivers have a chance to ball, especially Coley, Waters and Lewis. Scott is Kayya's main guy right now and Standish had a bad day. Offensive line couldn't handle the defensive line, and yes the defensive line was attacking!

We could have a loaded defense by the way. Seriously. It's almost like the only thing they listen to D'O about is where to line up pre snap. After that, it's like they're just playing ball now! Bush was everywhere! And as the OP mentioned, Burns is legit. I still don't like seeing Quan dropping into flats. But if that's the biggest disagreement I have with the defense, I'll take it!

No over under on the season from me, but I'd take the spring game with a grain of salt. I've been to multiple spring practices and many times the offense looked lights out. Not saturday. I like this group of kids. MARK WALTON IS NEEDED

I would be very surprised if we won more than 7 games.

Prepare to be surprised. You can't really prepare to be surprised because then you won't be surprised, but you know what I mean.

Wait a minute. You can't prepare to be surprised because surprises surprise you? Or you can prepare for a surprise, but then it's not a surprise? Or are you surprised that you prepared to be surprised, and then were surprised?

I'm just trying to anticipate this season.

Prepare to be surprised. You can't really prepare to be surprised because then you won't be surprised, but you know what I mean.

Wait a minute. You can't prepare to be surprised because surprises surprise you? Or you can prepare for a surprise, but then it's not a surprise? Or are you surprised that you prepared to be surprised, and then were surprised?

If you prepare for a surprise, then it's no longer a surprise because you're prepared for it. Having said that, I won't be at all surprised if C.A.G. gets us to the Final 4 this year.

Advertisement
They have all but ruined Stacey Coleys. career. Stacey should have been a 85 catch 1200 WR last year. He would have been in just about any other program.

Yes, because WR's at other programs who put up those kinds of numbers are common.

There were on 12 WR's in all of college football last year to hit 1200 yards. Only two of them did it at a traditional power, Bama and FSU.

How many 1200 yards receivers have we had in our history? Fact, it's not common.

Coley was an unknown his Freshman year and often on the other teams 3rd through 5th best DB. His Sophomore slump was on him, he was a known threat and didn't get the job done going against the 1's and 2's. Sure, he may have been used incorrectly to a degree, but when his number was called he floundered rather than flourishing.

They have all but ruined Stacey Coleys. career. Stacey should have been a 85 catch 1200 WR last year. He would have been in just about any other program.

Yes, because WR's at other programs who put up those kinds of numbers are common.

There were on 12 WR's in all of college football last year to hit 1200 yards. Only two of them did it at a traditional power, Bama and FSU.

How many 1200 yards receivers have we had in our history? Fact, it's not common.

Coley was an unknown his Freshman year and often on the other teams 3rd through 5th best DB. His Sophomore slump was on him, he was a known threat and didn't get the job done going against the 1's and 2's. Sure, he may have been used incorrectly to a degree, but when his number was called he floundered rather than flourishing.

You're being way too tough on Stacy. I hope he doesn't read your coarse words and go into a funk.

The "Tough" Coastal will be as bad as always, ie the worst division of any major conference.

That said, guaranteed, stone cold locked down losses to Free Shoes, Clemson,,,, and at LEAST THREE losses to GT, UNC, VT, Golden's Daddy, ie Mike the Clown London, Duke and Pitt.

That's 3-5 ACC.

Between Nebraska (no team, new coach, yet the fired incompetant cat lover with no team killed us last year) and at Cincy, we lose 1, maybe 2.

6-6, and the Golden Slurpers will swagger like they did after the Arky St game last year! Blake James and the new, as liberal or moreso President will gloat about how well Golden did "In only his SECOND real season, after losing a dozen players to the NFL"

FAU could do us a HUGE favor!!!! That would do it. Seriously.

Advertisement

You're being way too tough on Stacy. I hope he doesn't read your coarse words and go into a funk.

Negativity regarding a player spoken in defense of the coaching staff has no effect on the program. On the other hand, negativity directed at the coaching staph, prior to NSD, absolutely kills a recruiting class. FACT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FAU could do us a HUGE favor!!!! That would do it. Seriously.
seriously, if this was to happen, he wouldn't be allowed back on campus. EVER

I don't like hoping for a loss, but if it means change - and early change - I'll go for it.

The man reports to blake james. I simply cannot see him firing a coach mid season. A loss to FAU would be the single most hilarious way to kick this season off. If we lose to them, I will watch and/or listen to every single word that al golden has to say post game and the entire next week. The lead up to the Nebraska game after a loss to FAU would be like listening to a Russian novel being read over sports talk radio. The comedic value could be priceless.

4-8 is more realistic than 7-5. I'm just not sure where we find 7 wins with this group of clowns as coaches. I'm not confident we can win an ACC game given what other teams have coming back. I'm serious when I say we may only have 3 wins going into November...
I was thinking 6-6, but you may be right based in how the schedule lines up. Start off 2-0........then Nebraska, @Cincy, @FSU, VT, Clemson and @Duke. That's very easily 5 or 6 losses and at that point the team tanks and packs it in.

Don't forget our annual beatdown by Mike London's 'Hoos. That alone makes me hate Golden's guts. There's just no way a Miami team should be losing to that bunch year after year...and usually by double digits.

1-3 vs UVA...
Just that is a fireable offense
Reason #1 whys I want these PSU clowns GONE!

W)a

If you prepare for a surprise, then it's no longer a surprise because you're prepared for it. Having said that, I won't be at all surprised if C.A.G. gets us to the Final 4 this year.

W)a

What color are the clouds on your planet?

Advertisement
Back