We Win 12 Games If Kaaya Came Back

What we need is a QB that can make all the throws, sense pressure, step up to avoid sacks and run when he needs to. Maybe keep his eyes downfield and keep plays alive. Sustain some drives. If we just knew where to get one of those. Or two.

Let's just go to the hall of fame and pick a few of them out and repeat the process every year.

Advertisement
What we need is a QB that can make all the throws, sense pressure, step up to avoid sacks and run when he needs to. Maybe keep his eyes downfield and keep plays alive. Sustain some drives. If we just knew where to get one of those. Or two.

Let's just go to the hall of fame and pick a few of them out and repeat the process every year.

Call me crazy but I think Perry can do all those things. Hopefully at the D1 level.

Call me crazy but I think Perry can do all those things. Hopefully at the D1 level.

Based off of what? He hasn't played a snap yet, how do you know how he'll deal with pressure and pocket awareness?

Based off of what? He hasn't played a snap yet, how do you know how he'll deal with pressure and pocket awareness?

Not stating a fact. Just my opinion. Hopefully. I like his highlights. We will see next year.

Let's not get too carried away and start anointing Rosier a hero because our record was better.
Our opponents were far worse this year than they were last season. Other than ND, everybody on our schedule got worse.

Advertisement
You are a god **** moron if you believe Kaaya wins more than 10 games on this team.

As much as I hated Rosier's play the last 3 games, it's not even close, Rosier is the better QB for this team/personnel

Calling people morons for preferring a QB that threw for 3500 yards at 62% over a QB who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn?

Our offense was significantly better with Kaaya at the helm.

Who in their right mind would actually prefer the QB who is last in the ACC in completion percentage and interceptions?

Gotta run the RPO!!!!! Richt has to have it. Kaaya probably didn't have a choice to stay. Richt wasn't gonna design an offense around his talent so he took his chances at the league. Richt should have begged and pleaded Brad to come back

Stop with this RPO ****.

YOu guy don't understand what the concept is. Stop bringing it up.

No. Just... no. If Kaaya is at QB, teams would sell out to stop the pass, blitz like crazy, and gamble that the Miami run game couldn't beat them. Since our OL was basically getting manhandled all season, that's a good bet. I like Homer, but I don't think he could have carried that kind of load. Even with Walton who was a tremendous blocker, Kaaya was on his *** in most games. Early in the year, teams gambled that Rosier couldn't beat them with his arm and focused on stopping run. Rosier got some easy looks, and since teams were playing close to the line, he was able to hit deep passes. He was also able to pick up some first downs with his legs when defenses didn't assign a defender to spy him, which they didn't when in a run-stopping scheme. Kaaya could not do that. So what happened at end of season? Teams respected Rosier more and focused again on stopping the pass (see Pitt game for all the proof you need that this is true) . That meant gambling the run game couldn't beat them. And sure enough, our weak OL proved them right. Rosier's effectiveness actually became his undoing. Once defenses focused on shutting down the pass game (and we faced opponents with a stout front four that could bully the OL) , that basically slammed the door on our "explosive" offense, which was the only way that Miami scored points (again stats bear this out, we were among the worst at 3rd down conversions, meaning Miami could not sustain drives).

Long story short- teams would have been playing to stop pass from game 1 with Kaaya, and our run game would not have been able to make them pay so we likely lose to FSU and VT. At best, we'd be 8-4 with Kaaya, though I suspect we'd have finished 7-5, with losses to FSU, Pitt, VT, ND, and a bowl game loss at end (and no acc coastal win)

Not stating a fact. Just my opinion. Hopefully. I like his highlights. We will see next year.

I know, I was just asking you to defend your opinion. I'm hopeful that he'll be all of those things too, but I'm not setting that standard for him based off of his HS film.

Advertisement
Let's not get too carried away and start anointing Rosier a hero because our record was better.
Our opponents were far worse this year than they were last season. Other than ND, everybody on our schedule got worse.

Except for Clemson, oh wait we didn't play them last year. Must've been the defense, or the playcalling, or Al Golden.

Except for Clemson, oh wait we didn't play them last year. Must've been the defense, or the playcalling, or Al Golden.

We faced a UNC team with the #2 pick last year, we faced a VT team in VT with a junior QB, we faced a ND team in ND, we faced a much better FSU team last year, our atlantic opponent was NC State on the road instead of Syracuse at home,

Schedule was much tougher last year

We faced a UNC team with the #2 pick last year, we faced a VT team in VT with a junior QB, we faced a ND team in ND, we faced a much better FSU team last year, our atlantic opponent was NC State on the road instead of Syracuse at home,

Schedule was much tougher last year

VT was not that great last year, they got their doors blown off by Tennessee.

UNC had a good QB, but we only put up 13 points on them at HOME.

ND was straight trash last year.

FSU may have been marginally better last year, but most of they returned an overwhelming majority of their defense and we played them on the road this year.

And don't confuse 2016 NC State with 2017 NC State.

I would not say the schedule was "much tougher" last year, and if Kaaya was so amazing and great he would've done better than an 8-4 regular season.

Gotta run the RPO!!!!! Richt has to have it. Kaaya probably didn't have a choice to stay. Richt wasn't gonna design an offense around his talent so he took his chances at the league. Richt should have begged and pleaded Brad to come back

Stop with this RPO ****.

Oh so we don't run RPOs? Richt isn't in love with it? Get over yourself

Advertisement
Kaaya was a better passer than Rosier but he was a statue in the pocket. We would've had a whole different set of problems with this line and the personnel we played given injuries were he still here. I think Perry and Williams will both work out better for Richt.

Stop with this RPO ****.

Oh so we don't run RPOs? Richt isn't in love with it? Get over yourself

Who said we don't run RPO's?

Advertisement
No. Just... no. If Kaaya is at QB, teams would sell out to stop the pass, blitz like crazy, and gamble that the Miami run game couldn't beat them. Since our OL was basically getting manhandled all season, that's a good bet. I like Homer, but I don't think he could have carried that kind of load. Even with Walton who was a tremendous blocker, Kaaya was on his *** in most games. Early in the year, teams gambled that Rosier couldn't beat them with his arm and focused on stopping run. Rosier got some easy looks, and since teams were playing close to the line, he was able to hit deep passes. He was also able to pick up some first downs with his legs when defenses didn't assign a defender to spy him, which they didn't when in a run-stopping scheme. Kaaya could not do that. So what happened at end of season? Teams respected Rosier more and focused again on stopping the pass (see Pitt game for all the proof you need that this is true) . That meant gambling the run game couldn't beat them. And sure enough, our weak OL proved them right. Rosier's effectiveness actually became his undoing. Once defenses focused on shutting down the pass game (and we faced opponents with a stout front four that could bully the OL) , that basically slammed the door on our "explosive" offense, which was the only way that Miami scored points (again stats bear this out, we were among the worst at 3rd down conversions, meaning Miami could not sustain drives).

Long story short- teams would have been playing to stop pass from game 1 with Kaaya, and our run game would not have been able to make them pay so we likely lose to FSU and VT. At best, we'd be 8-4 with Kaaya, though I suspect we'd have finished 7-5, with losses to FSU, Pitt, VT, ND, and a bowl game loss at end (and no acc coastal win)

How do you "sell out to stop the pass"?
You "sell out" to stop the run.

Defenses blitzed us and played man THIS SEASON cause they knew Rosier couldn't hit his throws.
When you play a more accurate QB (who also has legit skill talent) you can't blitz and play man all the time.

Having a more accurate passer opens up the run game.

If defenses play to stop the pass then you run the ball!

I'm so tired of this nonsense fallacy that Rosier was better cause he was mobile.

A QB's job first and foremost is to THROW THE BALL.

Yall act like this dude's occasional runs outweigh the fact that he completed less than 50% of his passes in most games and led the ACC in INT's. You people are nuts.

He wasn't Lamar Jackson. He wasn't some electric scrambler who's gift of running was an X-factor.

He completed 54% of his passes this season. That's 2nd to last in the ACC, next to BC's QB.
He threw 14 INT's. That's the most in the ACC and 3 more than FSU's true freshman QB.

No OC in his right mind would take that^ quarterback over a kid who threw for 3500 yards at 62% with only 7 INT's.

Lay off the booze and drugs.

Advertisement
Back