We Win 12 Games If Kaaya Came Back

Kaaya couldn't handle adversity. So let's stop saying he would've done X, Y, or Z here. He had 3 seasons as a starting QB and it's time to stop thinking about what could've been.

Advertisement
For the "Kaaya doesn't win the FSU or GT game" crowd, it's difficult for me to understand how you all overlook the singular reason those games were even close was because of how awful Rosier was for 1/2 of those games. A competent QB, Kaaya or anyone else, would have put us in position to win both of those games by double digits.

Rosier can extend plays, yes, that's true. It's also true that he makes bad reads on the RPO more often than he should be in Game 13 of the season, showing me he isn't getting better. If he's not going to get better, that's fine, I thank him for giving us everything he had this season, but his best isn't championship quality and we need an upgrade at the position next year.

Lastly, the play calling has been vanilla all year, but it could also be true (I'm certainly no insider) that Richt had to keep it so because his QB was unable to execute any complex reads. He showed us all year he could barely execute simple reads. I'll hold judgement on Richt's playcalling until we get a better QB. If Malik is QB1 next year, absent a significant step forward from him at the position, we'll win the division because we're flat out better than every other team in the Coastal, but won't truly be a contender.

Kaaya couldn't handle adversity. So let's stop saying he would've done X, Y, or Z here. He had 3 seasons as a starting QB and it's time to stop thinking about what could've been.

right. he panicked.

Kaaya wasn't an elite QB, he had his faults. He is still on a NFL practice squad for a reason. He's got skills.

Malik is just bad. He went 11-26 with 3 INTs yesterday. His few QB runs don't make up for that.

Kaaya is a lot better QB.

Yep.

Look at Kaaya's stats, then look at his W/L record.

Advertisement

right. he panicked.

Kaaya wasn't an elite QB, he had his faults. He is still on a NFL practice squad for a reason. He's got skills.

Malik is just bad. He went 11-26 with 3 INTs yesterday. His few QB runs don't make up for that.

I'd take this season over any of Kaaya's 3 seasons.

right. he panicked.

Because you're an idiot.

right. he panicked.

Because you're an idiot.

Or because we won more games, or because we won the Coastal for the first time ever, or because we played in a New Year's 6 bowl for the first time in 14 years.

right. he panicked.

Because you're an idiot.

Wait a minute, are you saying you prefer to win fewer games?

Advertisement

this. do people forgot how streaky Kaaya was?

We just played in the Orange Bowl and we have people clamoring for the days when we were mediocre. It's unbelievable.

We just played in the Orange Bowl and we have people clamoring for the days when we were mediocre. It's unbelievable.

We took a step forward this year because our defense got significantly better for most of the year even in spite of our offense taking a step backwards. This shouldn't be that hard to grasp, and yet, here we are.

We took a step forward this year because our defense got significantly better for most of the year even in spite of our offense taking a step backwards. This shouldn't be that hard to grasp, and yet, here we are.

How was the defense significantly better?

Advertisement

right. he panicked.

Half way thru the season I disagreed but now I see you are right . But I always knew this would be the bridge season between a good team (last season ) to a top 5 team who makes the playoffs ( next season ) This season we were a really good top 15 team which is great for year 2 of the rebuild. **** we won 10 games for the first time FOREVER.

Advertisement
We also lose to Free shoes university

Nope, Kaaya played well against FSU minus the last drives. If he played against this years FSU team, we blow them out

Why don't people understand this?
We don't need late game heroics against FSU or GT if Kaaya in the QB.

Would Kaaya have stopped that last TD by FSU when we blew that coverage with a minute and a half left in the game?
The point is that no game would have been close excluding Clemson. Rosier’s inaccuracy kept most of our opponents in the game gottdammit. We were all blind because we kept winning and rising in the ranks. Stop being foolish and acknowledge it. The coaching staff did the best they could with this dead goose at QB. Norton and RJ better stay and Malik can go kick rocks.

OP, what is Kaaya's record vs FSU?

This...end of discussion

what were FSU records this year and the previous 3?

If FSU didn't decide to play Bama and if they beat us, their record would be fairly close to what they've been over the past few seasons because they were essentially the same group of guys minus the QB.
If FSWho would have had their starting QB Frenchy vs Rosier... we would have lost that game as ****y as it sounds to admit. We got a break but with Kaaya I believe if his dumb@ss would have come back he would have exorcised the FSWho demon.

What we need is a QB that can make all the throws, sense pressure, step up to avoid sacks and run when he needs to. Maybe keep his eyes downfield and keep plays alive. Sustain some drives. If we just knew where to get one of those. Or two.

OP, what is Kaaya's record vs FSU?

This...end of discussion

what were FSU records this year and the previous 3?

If FSU didn't decide to play Bama and if they beat us, their record would be fairly close to what they've been over the past few seasons because they were essentially the same group of guys minus the QB.
If FSWho would have had their starting QB Frenchy vs Rosier... we would have lost that game as ****y as it sounds to admit. We got a break but with Kaaya I believe if his dumb@ss would have come back he would have exorcised the FSWho demon.

I'm not sure if Francois would've changed the outcome. Their QB played out of his mind in the 4th quarter, just like their previous QB's had done in previous years.

Advertisement
Back