We will beat FSU this year

I think we can win, it's just too **** early to jump out the window with predictions...

I know everybody loves to play the "I was right all along" game, but it's still just April/May & a lot is going to happen between now & September.

Last year was the perfect scenario for us to win, they had a Redshirt Frosh QB with accuracy issues, their Defense was missing multiple starters, their OL was blocking horrendously (especially in the Ole Miss & LVille games), their entire team was playing like **** in every game up until that point...

But, none of that ever matters when it comes to playing FSU, they can be terrible against everyone else, but you can bet your last dollar they're gonna play their best game of the season vs us no matter what.

We don't even know who our QB is gonna be yet & even if we do, that doesn't guarantee us anything.
We simply won't know how we'll look against them until we actually play'em on 9/16.

On the flip side - they're not going to know how to prepare for us.

Probably throw everything at getting to our QB and upsetting him like last year. And it worked.

We counter that - quick passes, occasional medium passes - and a slightly mobile QB - we got a real good chance.

Kaaya was a Greentree Superstar - is it possible that one of our QB's will be the opposite?

Rosier.
He will be better than when he started at Duke and won the game for us on the road. He will have more weapons to throw the ball to. I have high hopes that Mike Harley and Jeff Thomas will complement AR and make their secondary in disarray. When you have receivers like that you don't have to be a world beater QB.

Advertisement
I believe we will finally beat FSU this year bc we will finally have a QB able to get it done.

And who is that exactly? Because all I see is career backups, a transfer, and a freshman who will only have a couple of months of college practices under his belt before the FSU game.. not to mention he is a stick and it took him about 3-4 months just to add 10 pounds to his frame and still looks skinny as f**k. Okkkaaayyy.

This is kind of a nail bitter for me, both defenses will be elite. Probably gonna come down to who protects the ball better.

FSU defense Should be elite but their Linebackers will still be a liability. Whoever starts for us needs to be able to take advantage of them.

Advertisement
I'm hoping like **** we finally beat this bunch but if we are trying to do it with a true freshman at Doak I don't like our chances.

As much as I think Rosier is average I think he gives us a better chance to win than Perry.Watching Perrys film I see a kid that loves to lob the up for grabs a lot relying on his WR to go up and get it.Thats great for HS but I'm not sure that works in P5 football.im not really enamored with the kid like everyone else but I'm no expert so I'll leave the evaluations to others but I just don't see the all world talent others do...hope I'm wrong.

But even if the kid IS the goods it will be his 3rd game and I can assure you he's never been in an environment like Doak on Cane/Nole game day.

I thought we had the goods the last couple years to take down these a$$es only to see then squeak by.Hoping this is the year.Just think next year is more likely...

no way Walton walks into that game knowing it could be his last chance at smashing FSWho (before he declares for the league), and not have the game of his life...

We have to dominate the run game and Walton will be the freshes he has ever been against the Noles..week 3 after playing 2 cupcakes where he won't see a heavy work load...not only will Walton be fresh, but he will be motivated and glad to carry the bulk of the work. We all heard how not getting the ball enough vexed him during spring ball...dude will come out swinging...

The defense will be improved from last year ( scary I know ) which allowed just 20 points. No cook this year and while Akers is a good back, he wont have the same motivation to beat Miami as that turncoat Cuck had. Even when cuck was having a bad stretch of games, he always seemed to snap out of it when he was playing Miami..We dominate ball possession time and keep our defense fresh, I think we have a chance to beat them regardless of who our QB is.

Not knowing who will be under center sucks, I agree, but I also believe our offense will be improved on a macro level from last year..AR15 now knows he is capable of taking over a game, which wasn't the case against the Noles last year. He gained that confidence and knowledge as the season progressed. you could especially see it during the RAB when he took an ordinary 10 yard pass and took it to the house for like a 60 yd TD..

Overall I think the entire team will be motivated by the outcome of last year and the Noles will overlook us because they're at home and because our veteran QB is gone (which could be a blessing in disguise)...

Not saying it will be easy, but I'm fcking ready for September already. I think we go on the road and beat them 20-13

Mike Hart sends his regards

Are you serious?

Advertisement
We freaking NEED this win to get over the hump = obvious

Starting a frosh QB in tally is a very difficult proposition = obvious

We need ballers to step up like old canes and WANT to win this game more than everything they want in life = THIS IS THE HISTORY OF THIS RIVALRY

WHOMEVER WANTS THIS GAME MORE WILL WIN BC THEY ARE EVENLY MATCHED AT LAST

I think we can win, it's just too **** early to jump out the window with predictions...

I know everybody loves to play the "I was right all along" game, but it's still just April/May & a lot is going to happen between now & September.

Last year was the perfect scenario for us to win, they had a Redshirt Frosh QB with accuracy issues, their Defense was missing multiple starters, their OL was blocking horrendously (especially in the Ole Miss & LVille games), their entire team was playing like **** in every game up until that point...

But, none of that ever matters when it comes to playing FSU, they can be terrible against everyone else, but you can bet your last dollar they're gonna play their best game of the season vs us no matter what.

We don't even know who our QB is gonna be yet & even if we do, that doesn't guarantee us anything.
We simply won't know how we'll look against them until we actually play'em on 9/16.

Hate to say it but if we're riding with Kosi we probably lose that game in Tally but he gains all of the experience in the soft start to our schedule then balls out the rest of the year to smack them in the ACC Championship Game for our first ACC Title.
We could lose the game with ANY QB we start, which is my point...

We do not know how this team will play in a tough road game, with essentially a brand new Offense.

I think we'll win, but it's too early to call it as a guaranteed W & anybody who is, is just guessing hoping they're right.

We don't know how the QB will respond if we get down a score or two, we don't know how the OL's will be blocking, we don't know if there are going to be any injuries for either team, we don't know if they'll be any suspensions, we don't know anything other than what we know in May.

Which isn't much, which is the whole point of me saying we should wait before we start pounding the chest about what's going to happen 4-5 months from now.

Again, I believe we'll win, I'm simply saying it's too early to pencil in a W in the win column for that game.

I agree with you points and hope you're right. Fortunately if we lose up there our season still has a lot of meat left on the bone. We should
get stronger as our schedule does so things should work out pretty well in the long run.

I'm hoping like **** we finally beat this bunch but if we are trying to do it with a true freshman at Doak I don't like our chances.

As much as I think Rosier is average I think he gives us a better chance to win than Perry.Watching Perrys film I see a kid that loves to lob the up for grabs a lot relying on his WR to go up and get it.Thats great for HS but I'm not sure that works in P5 football.im not really enamored with the kid like everyone else but I'm no expert so I'll leave the evaluations to others but I just don't see the all world talent others do...hope I'm wrong.

But even if the kid IS the goods it will be his 3rd game and I can assure you he's never been in an environment like Doak on Cane/Nole game day.

I thought we had the goods the last couple years to take down these a$$es only to see then squeak by.Hoping this is the year.Just think next year is more likely...

^^This... going into that game with a True Freshman starting is not going to bode well. As much as I want to believe in Rosier, ummm, I think that will be a tough game for him too. I'm going to root like **** for my canes against FSU, but yea, I don't like our chances this year. I think if we can seen them again for the ACC Championship game, then I like our chances then. It will take a huge effort by our Defense and Mark Walton, and you know they're going to be keying on him.

I believe we will finally beat FSU this year bc we will finally have a QB able to get it done.

And who is that exactly?
Because all I see is career backups, a transfer, and a freshman who will only have a couple of months of college practices under his belt before the FSU game.. not to mention he is a stick and it took him about 3-4 months just to add 10 pounds to his frame and still looks skinny as f**k. Okkkaaayyy.

N'Kosi Perry and Malik Rosier both can beat FSU, it's not that serious. Brad Kaaya was just a choke artist bc he is too scary to lead a team at this level.

Advertisement
I think one of the keys to our success is if McDermott can block Burns. I think Burns will give him fits and create trouble for whoever starts at QB. This will be a defensive struggle .... I think we are one year away from starting our win streak against them.

We freaking NEED this win to get over the hump = obvious

Starting a frosh QB in tally is a very difficult proposition = obvious

We need ballers to step up like old canes and WANT to win this game more than everything they want in life = THIS IS THE HISTORY OF THIS RIVALRY

WHOMEVER WANTS THIS GAME MORE WILL WIN BC THEY ARE EVENLY MATCHED AT LAST

The most overused and retarded line in sports history

Advertisement
It will come down to turnovers - which isnt good based on our QB situation

Game #2 vs FSU in the ACC title game is the big one

Their o line doesn't block and their qb isn't deadly accurate like we make him sound. sure derwin james and akers are good but not as good as cook and we stopped cook from taking over the game last year. they look good but not great all we need is to score 28 and we will win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxMKAG2mHPw

this is their spring game thoughts???

Three projected starting OL did not play in spring game. Not sure you can take to much analysis from that. Only 2 scholarship WRs played in the spring game too.

Francois will be the same player as last year. Solid, but can't hit a 3 step drop route or read progressions. Accuracy isn't gonna magically improve.

Last edited:
FSU defense Should be elite but their Linebackers will still be a liability. Whoever starts for us needs to be able to take advantage of them.

Matthew Thomas is not a liability, The other LB is a Jag. think scheme/coaching is why the seam routes are always open.

I won't predict to beat them until we do. We have a unique way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against them. It will take a monumental effort from the defense. Thinking along the lines of a 17-14 win. I'm hoping like everyone else that Perry can be the man, but the odds are against him. We just won't know until hes thrown into the fire. Next year seems more likely that we get over the hump.

Advertisement
Back