We Return 10 starters on Offense and 9 on Defense

Bama breaking in a whole new squad.. We can catch them off guard like Miss st did Lsu if we about that life.. Losing qb to meaningless bowl game we should of opted out of is looking real wack right now too..
If the covid **** was as bad as they said, we Should’ve opted out of the unc game. If they did that, we wouldn’t have had a meaningless bowl game.... Assuming we don’t consider NY6 games meaningless.

Advertisement
I am as frustrated as everyone about the quality of play by several of our starters. But as long as the coaches play the best player, you always want them to come back. Make the guys behind them win the spot, not back into staring like has happened too often at Miami.

Guys I want to see being beaten out: McCloud, Jennings, Wiggins, Ivey, Ford, several OL.

Additional guys I want to see stepping up even more or losing reps: Pope, Bush, Blades, Silvera, Harris, all the rest of the OL

Only players/positions we can be confident will play at a ACC championship level: King, Mallory, the RBs, Bolden, Frierson. Competition needs to be fierce.

Look man, I admitted I was wrong about Pope & I took my L.
I believed in the kid & unfortunately he didn’t play well.

What else do yall want from me?? Yall gonna keep breaking my balls over it or something? Lol

I’m not the first person to ever be wrong & I won’t be the last, I could very easily do the same thing to yall you know, but I don’t want to lol...
Hopefully Pope will really commit himself this off season to put the work in. Severval WRs in the past have had less than average seasons and turn it around in their last year training with an outside WR coach. Who is the local coach that has worked with the players? 10.5 100 meter does stick out if he still has that speed.

I am as frustrated as everyone about the quality of play by several of our starters. But as long as the coaches play the best player, you always want them to come back. Make the guys behind them win the spot, not back into staring like has happened too often at Miami.

Guys I want to see being beaten out: McCloud, Jennings, Wiggins, Ivey, Ford, several OL.

Additional guys I want to see stepping up even more or losing reps: Pope, Bush, Blades, Silvera, Harris, all the rest of the OL

Only players/positions we can be confident will play at a ACC championship level: King, Mallory, the RBs, Bolden, Frierson. Competition needs to be fierce.
The problem is older guys know how to practice and how to look good in practice which coaches always like. I hope Diaz changes his philosophy on this because it’s ridiculous to watch all these older players play awful on Gameday and still get lots of playing time..

Advertisement

I thought Bush was already in the NFL. Like five years ago.

Look man, I admitted I was wrong about Pope & I took my L.
I believed in the kid & unfortunately he didn’t play well.

What else do yall want from me?? Yall gonna keep breaking my balls over it or something? Lol

I’m not the first person to ever be wrong & I won’t be the last, I could very easily do the same thing to yall you know, but I don’t want to lol...
I wasn’t trying to out you like that. I never knew you gave up on Pope! Lol. I haven’t. Might as well get use to him as fans. The staff isn’t going to stop playing him apparently due to Dade county politics!

Pope has a weird body for a WR. He actually looks a ton like Chris Henderson at UF before he hit the AHEM workout program. If there’s anyone who should be visiting the new lab from the old founder of a certain doctor that was near campus...it’s Pope. Maybe he will pull out his tampon, start getting aggressive and put on some much needed muscle. Then switch him to CB like Henderson. He has elite hips and great speed. Dude is playing out of position. I’ve been saying it for a while. I could totally see a Sam Shields situation with this kid if he ever grows a pair. If not, he better get that masters degree. We all know now he doesn’t have an NFL future at WR.

Advertisement
A vast majority of those “starters” should have never been starting this past year incase you hadn’t watched the games. So in a nutshell, returning starters to this dysfunctional team, mean about as much as a piece of toilet paper just flushed after use.
***mean as much as trying to reuse a piece of used toilet paper that came back up when trying to flush
McCloud is getting his position changed. Looks like Rambo and Rique have Ivey and Wiggins jobs in the bag.

Hopefully the other guys you listed get passed up or drastically improve their game also, but I'd rather have them on the team creating competition and pushing the younger guys than just handing the job to the next guy
I'm with you on that one. Just wish I could trust the coaches to truly put the best players on the field at all positions regardless of class...obviously we arent at practice and don't know for sure but it sure feels like a lot of these upper classmen I listed should have been pulled

Advertisement
Hopefully Pope will really commit himself this off season to put the work in. Severval WRs in the past have had less than average seasons and turn it around in their last year training with an outside WR coach. Who is the local coach that has worked with the players? 10.5 100 meter does stick out if he still has that speed.
A lot of people gave up on Harley when he was dropping balls during the first month of his 4th year at Miami. The rest is history. It hasn't all been bad with Pope and Wiggins. Wanted to strangle them both with a cordless phone after the bowl game but there's still hope for them imo. Pope had 1 rushing attempt in 2020. Would like to have seen more of him on some Davonta Smith-style jet action.

With Jarrid staying we have 19/22 starters returning. Is that a record?
Do you really want Gaynor, Pope, Wiggins, McCloud and Jennings starting? Throw in Carter if he's coming back and please help us if he starts also!

So that's realistically 13/22 at best should start and it's probably more like 11 or 12 as Ivey shouldn't start and probably Clark....

Advertisement
Do you really want Gaynor, Pope, Wiggins, McCloud and Jennings starting? Throw in Carter if he's coming back and please help us if he starts also!

So that's realistically 13/22 at best should start and it's probably more like 11 or 12 as Ivey shouldn't start and probably Clark....
I don't know if you are new to watching football but sometimes players get better with one more year of experience, one more year within a system and one more year of strength and conditioning.

Sure, some of those players may have to sit on the bench if they do not improve but let's not have the ignorant mind set that none of those players can improve within their final season.

Advertisement
Back