We Return 10 starters on Offense and 9 on Defense

If McCloud, Wiggins, Carter, Jennings & Ivey are starting next year Manny Diaz is insane.
GIF by memecandy

Advertisement
Advertisement
i agree, but kind of hard to imagine starting true freshman in game 1 when the opponent is bama. I know people are going to flip out when they see carter in there over williams but we'll see how TRob handles it

True Freshman can play in today’s game, every winning program has TF’s playing & balling on both sides of the ball.

Miami has get out of the idea that only 7th year Seniors can play in order for us to win.

A vast majority of those “starters” should have never been starting this past year incase you hadn’t watched the games. So in a nutshell, returning starters to this dysfunctional team, mean about as much as a piece of toilet paper just flushed after use.
Stephenson committed so you went and found a new thread to ruin?

Advertisement

True Freshman can play in today’s game, every winning program has TF’s playing & balling on both sides of the ball.

Miami has get out of the idea that only 7th year Seniors can play in order for us to win.

i agree they can and they SHOULD, i'm just saying I don't expect to see true freshman over a 5 year senior who's at least serviceable in game 1 when the opponent is bama. if he's better sure put him in there but i would imagine as season goes on they'll overtake some of the upperclassment

i agree they can and they SHOULD, i'm just saying I don't expect to see true freshman over a 5 year senior who's at least serviceable in game 1 when the opponent is bama. if he's better sure put him in there but i would imagine as season goes on they'll overtake some of the upperclassment
I get what you mean & I don’t expect any TF’s to play significantly on Defense next year either, but therein lies the problem...

This staff will sacrifice talent & ability for experience, even when the experienced upperclassmen is extremely limited in their ability & still makes mistakes as if he’s a TF.

Advertisement
That’s up to their position coaches. If those guys get the nod again at WR and didn’t get better I’d question the guys behind and that development. At LB it’s time for Huff and Brooks to catch on. It’s get why Huffs development was stunted. Brooks has the tools needs to consistent. Others I just pray about them

Stephenson committed so you went and found a new thread to ruin?
I’m happy he did and I’m really grateful he has a real coach in Trob to coach him instead of DumPh. That said, unless their is a major scheme change which as we can see with baker still D coordinator, that ain’t gonna happen. Then does it really matter having a stud like Rique if he’s just gonna be asked to play ten yards off the ball soft zone and be asked to do nothing but “set the edge bro” and “tackle bro” smh but with Trob their is atleast hope that he’ll tell manure Fvck off right out of the DB room with that BS!

Advertisement
Bama breaking in a whole new squad.. We can catch them off guard like Miss st did Lsu if we about that life.. Losing qb to meaningless bowl game we should of opted out of is looking real wack right now too..
Do you really believe that or is it just wishful thinking?

I’m happy he did and I’m really grateful he has a real coach in Trob to coach him instead of DumPh. That said, unless their is a major scheme change which as we can see with baker still D coordinator, that ain’t gonna happen. Then does it really matter having a stud like Rique if he’s just gonna be asked to play ten yards off the ball soft zone and be asked to do nothing but “set the edge bro” and “tackle bro” smh but with Trob their is atleast hope that he’ll tell manure Fvck off right out of the DB room with that BS!
I think there will be scheme changes in the back end thanks to TRob and his coaching style, more man-man and turning their **** heads to seize some balls this year. That, and the overall talent improves with Blades covering the weak side with Tyrique taking the WR1. Throw in Couch and Tae in the slot plus the others who played in 2020 and we have the makings of a very good secondary now. With Blakey stripped of play calling I expect to see more controlled chaos with Manny calling the defense. If Simpson can get the interior DL to play like 2018? Then we have the depth and talent to really play well defensively. My major concern are the LB’s - will they step up and be properly developed with Blakey as their position coach.

Advertisement
Back