We Return 10 starters on Offense and 9 on Defense

Advertisement
I hate to add Pope to your list, but he should be on it too. Noodles hasn’t earned that spot.
Of course, with us adding Rambo & Harley coming back it was already guaranteed he wasn’t going to start this upcoming season, because he’s at Flanker which is likely the spot that Rambo will be at.

I assumed that people already knew that, which is why I mentioned Wiggs because we only start 3 Wide Outs & his spot in this one where it’s still a question mark as to who will replace him.

Of course, with us adding Rambo & Harley coming back it was already guaranteed he wasn’t going to start this upcoming season, because he’s at Flanker which is likely the spot that Rambo will be at.

I assumed that people already knew that, which is why I mentioned Wiggs because we only start 3 Wide Outs & his spot in this one where it’s still a question mark as to who will replace him.
Fair enough. 🙌

Advertisement

K. Smith

Advertisement
With Jarrid staying we have 19/22 starters returning. Is that a record?
How many of those starters shouldn't be starters? I'm happy the culture is finally changing and these guys aren't making ridiculously poor decisions to enter the draft but we all know some of these dudes have no business starting and probably would have been addition by subtraction...McCloud Carter Jennings ivey pope Wiggins Scaife...

Anybody catch a glimpse of who liked this post first! LCE, you off the Pope train??
Look man, I admitted I was wrong about Pope & I took my L.
I believed in the kid & unfortunately he didn’t play well.

What else do yall want from me?? Yall gonna keep breaking my balls over it or something? Lol

I’m not the first person to ever be wrong & I won’t be the last, I could very easily do the same thing to yall you know, but I don’t want to lol...

Advertisement
How many of those starters shouldn't be starters? I'm happy the culture is finally changing and these guys aren't making ridiculously poor decisions to enter the draft but we all know some of these dudes have no business starting and probably would have been addition by subtraction...McCloud Carter Jennings ivey pope Wiggins Scaife...
McCloud is getting his position changed. Looks like Rambo and Rique have Ivey and Wiggins jobs in the bag.

Hopefully the other guys you listed get passed up or drastically improve their game also, but I'd rather have them on the team creating competition and pushing the younger guys than just handing the job to the next guy

It’s easy to say the backups should be starting when I watch Miami play, but I won’t fall for that trap — because I watch Miami play.

It’s easy to say that Miami just got better because of the extra year — but every team is “benefiting“ from that extra year. Zero sum gain.

And, it’s easy to pick on Ivey, McCloud, Scaife, Wiggins, Carter, Jennings and others — but other teams have their athletic equivalents of Miami‘s misfit toys and they get the job done.

Miami doesn’t have a starter problem, Miami doesn’t have a LB problem (well, yes, Miami does, but can you wait til I make my ******* point?!), Miami has a coaching problem.

Miami needs to self scout — but with outside team/culture eyes. Miami needs coaches to get coached up: strength, speed, footwork, body posture/control, EYES. I think this is why everyone was clamoring for a new DC.

McCloud, Scaife, Wiggins, Carter, Jennings and others are serviceable. They just need coaching on things big and small before they can contribute. That’s the hard part — and the unknown with so many of the current staff returning.

Manny has no more excuses.

We have depth, experience, talent, and he’s now calling the shots on defense.

I don’t expect him to beat Bama, but we better be in Charlotte next year.

Haven’t seen him make any but I agree with your sentiment.

Advertisement
This kind of depth/experience can seriously backfire if the young talented kids don't feel like they get a fair shot at equal playing time. Moreso now than ever before with the transfer portal.

A starter no one is mentioning that we may miss is Borregales.

I hope his little brother can come in and play well.

This kind of depth/experience can seriously backfire if the young talented kids don't feel like they get a fair shot at equal playing time. Moreso now than ever before with the transfer portal.
only in miami do we worry about this. top programs stack a lot more talent than we do.

Advertisement
Back