We Need To Start Looking for Erick Marrero’s replacement

Advertisement
Isn't Andrew Ivins (Miami247 reporter) a Notre Dame fan?

And what does that have to do with Canesinsight??? @DMoney already used this lame excuse to justify keeping Erick. Myself, I prefer to do what's best for me regardless of what other people are doing. Other people making bad decisions doesn't give me permission/want to do the same.

Let him go, that's how a man handles his business.

I'd ask to write (used to be a journalist/photographer/co-editor for a small town newspaper), but I run coast to coast driving a truck.

I simply have no time to adequately research and write AND drive a truck for a living.

I could do an editioral/opinion article on occasion, but that would essentially be a lengthy post on CIS. xD

If the kid is objective and doesn't **** ride the Gators, I really don't care. It's an inferior school, they are afraid to play us, they have fewer national championships, and beat us once in 30 years.

At least he's getting a whiff of excellence in writing about the Canes. We should all feel sympathy for him. ;)

Advertisement
Not sure why folks want reporters to be biased with their writing/work. Wouldn’t you want someone whom is objective and not writing with orange & green lenses.

No they want everything orange and green, nothing in between. It makes no sense, but I quit trying to make sense of a lot of people here a long time ago.

If it isn't good news, people here generally write it off asking WTF do they know. It's lunacy and then they act all butthurt when stuff blows up in their face, a la Campbell and Surtain.

Does he write for ND? Thats all people are saying. Go write for UF all he wants and get paid. We just dont want him here. Pretty simple logic.

No point was direct to the post i replied to, in that the poster said he would be down for blasting a Miami reporter if he was a ND fan, but not so much a Gator fan.

Advertisement
Isn't Andrew Ivins (Miami247 reporter) a Notre Dame fan?

He's not, I don't know why people keep saying this. He doesn't root for Notre Dame, he doesn't have any connections there except writing there for a bit. Dude went to FAU or some **** like that.

No, you're being a valid bltch. He's a kid. He has to put himself out there because it looks good on college applications. Same with Pete. I hate UF too but not more than ND and ostate. UF ain't ain't threat to us so why y'all worried. **** petty bruh.

Who's talking about a threat? If you want to be a journalist fine, but you don't be surprised when people get ****y about you writing about a team they hate. Nobody's fcking scared or thinks he's giving some advantage to the gaytors, but some of us do think he's not enough of a Cane to be here. This isn't the paper or TV news, we've got no obligation to be fair or evenhanded. We love the Canes and hate everybody else, so he better be prepared to take sht for his divided loyalties.

I went to more games last year then you have your whole life chump.

Holy ****! I forgot about this thread...so stoked I came back to see this!!! Lmfao. Good to know you finally attended a few games in 2017. Missed ya the last 30 years. By the way, we played in another stadium before Hard Rock..tell your friends.

Classic.

UM

Holy ****! I forgot about this thread...so stoked I came back to see this!!! Lmfao. Good to know you finally attended a few games in 2017. Missed ya the last 30 years. By the way, we played in another stadium before Hard Rock..tell your friends.

Classic.

UM
Yeah you’re the same guy that’s been to the OB 1 time and still tell the story today. See you in Jerry World if you’re a real fan chump

Advertisement
I'd ask to write (used to be a journalist/photographer/co-editor for a small town newspaper), but I run coast to coast driving a truck.

I simply have no time to adequately research and write AND drive a truck for a living.

I could do an editioral/opinion article on occasion, but that would essentially be a lengthy post on CIS. xD

If the kid is objective and doesn't **** ride the Gators, I really don't care. It's an inferior school, they are afraid to play us, they have fewer national championships, and beat us once in 30 years.

At least he's getting a whiff of excellence in writing about the Canes. We should all feel sympathy for him. ;)

"doesn't **** ride the Gators"

too late on that one.

No, you're being a valid bltch. He's a kid. He has to put himself out there because it looks good on college applications. Same with Pete. I hate UF too but not more than ND and ostate. UF ain't ain't threat to us so why y'all worried. **** petty bruh.

THIS AINT NO SANCTUARY HOMIE. I AINT WORRIED ABOUT HIS FEELINGS. KID NEEDS TO LEARN WHAT TEH REAL WORLD BOUT.

So yeah, let's vote this turn-coat outta here.

Advertisement
This is one of the many reasons y ppl around the country think this fan base is a joke. U would never see a auburn guy writing for bama, osu guy writing for michigan, or a even better comparison south Carolina guy writing for clemson. **** only happens here. I understand the kid is tryin to make his, its just a bad look. Kinda diminishes this great website abit. Miami against the world right?.....Well kinda.

Those are small, insular worlds in which the media acts as a propaganda arm of the athletic department. There's a reason why guys like Saban love places like Tuscaloosa, but bombed in the pros. You have to deal with people whose jobs aren't solely tied to you being happy with their coverage of your program. Journalists in major cities will challenge you, and write more than fluff pieces.

UMiami is located in a major media hub, and as a result, has to deal with writers and journalists from everywhere. If a guy can write, if he brings legit information to the table, who the **** cares about what outlet he chooses to write for? If he still gets tidbits of information, and shares them, does the fact that he works for another outlet really change what happens? Of course not, especially if he handles himself as a true journalist and not as a fanboy that occasionally writes. Do you people realize how many of the people on the Miami beat actually attended the University? Very few if any. It's the same in LA with USC, it's the same in any city not located in Bumble**** USA. Journalism is a job, it isn't a place for fans. If some UF friendly outlet is paying the bills, I don't blame any journalist for taking a gig there. Then again, as we've seen time and time again, the typical Miami fan has little understanding of how anything works.

That was very well writt
Those are small, insular worlds in which the media acts as a propaganda arm of the athletic department. There's a reason why guys like Saban love places like Tuscaloosa, but bombed in the pros. You have to deal with people whose jobs aren't solely tied to you being happy with their coverage of your program. Journalists in major cities will challenge you, and write more than fluff pieces.

UMiami is located in a major media hub, and as a result, has to deal with writers and journalists from everywhere. If a guy can write, if he brings legit information to the table, who the **** cares about what outlet he chooses to write for? If he still gets tidbits of information, and shares them, does the fact that he works for another outlet really change what happens? Of course not, especially if he handles himself as a true journalist and not as a fanboy that occasionally writes. Do you people realize how many of the people on the Miami beat actually attended the University? Very few if any. It's the same in LA with USC, it's the same in any city not located in Bumble**** USA. Journalism is a job, it isn't a place for fans. If some UF friendly outlet is paying the bills, I don't blame any journalist for taking a gig there. Then again, as we've seen time and time again, the typical Miami fan has little understanding of how anything works.
That was very well written and I understand the message your trying to convey however I think you are missing the point. You are talking about journalistic integrity as if this dork, Marrero, is writing for the ny times, washington post, chicago tribune, etc. This is a fansite and the messenger does matter. I do care who is the person providing me the information and I'm sure many on this site do as well. To me this website is made up by canes fans for canes fans. You can not pollute that relationship with somebody that even before was he started writing for a rivals site fans were complaining about. Sorry man I understand what you are trying to say but I just don't agree. By the way, your last sentence is kinda bothersome. You write so well and seem as if you are an educated individual than you make a statement like "Then again, as we've seen time and time again, the typical Miami fan has little understanding of how anything works" that is a very suspect comment and quite ignorant. It undermines your well thought out view point. Have a good evening and tell Marrero I said whats up. You got to be his boy or a family member to defend him like lol.

THIS AINT NO SANCTUARY HOMIE. I AINT WORRIED ABOUT HIS FEELINGS. KID NEEDS TO LEARN WHAT TEH REAL WORLD BOUT.

So yeah, let's vote this turn-coat outta here.

There’s only one poster who’s using the all caps schtick. This is gimmick infringement.

That was very well writt

That was very well written and I understand the message your trying to convey however I think you are missing the point. You are talking about journalistic integrity as if this dork, Marrero, is writing for the ny times, washington post, chicago tribune, etc. This is a fansite and the messenger does matter. I do care who is the person providing me the information and I'm sure many on this site do as well. To me this website is made up by canes fans for canes fans. You can not pollute that relationship with somebody that even before was he started writing for a rivals site fans were complaining about. Sorry man I understand what you are trying to say but I just don't agree. By the way, your last sentence is kinda bothersome. You write so well and seem as if you are an educated individual than you make a statement like "Then again, as we've seen time and time again, the typical Miami fan has little understanding of how anything works" that is a very suspect comment and quite ignorant. It undermines your well thought out view point. Have a good evening and tell Marrero I said whats up. You got to be his boy or a family member to defend him like lol.

So, because someone actually points out how utterly ridiculous it is to whine about a person taking a paying job, they are a family member of someone who is getting a bum rap? It's fans like you that caused me to type the final sentence in my last post, because it's obvious that you have little, if any understanding of how the media works. You go where the money is, you go where the paying gigs are. This is a free board, I wouldn't blame anyone writing here for taking a gig that allows them to do what they love, even though it may not be the beat they want. You can't expect to get professional level analysis and journalism from a bunch of people working day jobs, and posting at night. Some people are going to use this as a springboard to other things.

I'm willing to bet that even though the people working for the UF rivals site know how to play to their crowd, there's a good chance there are a fair number of non Gators on staff. That's the case at **** near every publication on planet earth. It's a job, you do the best you can, for the organization you work for.

Advertisement
Back