We need lane

Advertisement
BC74FBB0-09CB-4296-B6CD-6F4F1ABDDBC9.jpeg

Ole Miss were never the underdog, but there was a lot of money on Miss St to win. Leach has them rolling and they have a very good offence.

Kiffin will be delighted with that win - that was never a certainty.

As for the Auburn game - they had their top 3 WRs out and Corral didn't finish the game. - those losses happen.
I could say the same for the Oregon loss vs Stanford and Utah.

Advertisement
Exactly. 20 years of builders running the program into the ground. Give me someone who will build us back up and leave it in fantastic shape for the next guy.
None of those people had actually “built” anything though, besides Richt who was looking to ease into retirement by the time he got here.

Advertisement
I have no issues hiring Lane and recognize that he probably has the higher ceiling when compared to Mario. However, I also recognize that this guy has had a short lifespan at every job he's had and I honestly have no clue what his endgame is.

Does he want to get another shot in the NFL or is he a college guy? If college, does he want to replace Saban at Bama and is just building his resume until then? Does he want to be at a program that's positioned well enough to allow him to build his own legacy there aka Miami?

Mario on the other hand is still a good (not elite) coach and if he comes to Miami we all know he's probably never leaving (unless forced out). Lane though...I have no clue. So do we prefer the stability Mario likely brings or shoot for the stars with Lane? And this is assuming both would actually come here. I wouldn't be surprised if Lane got his 8 mill extension and when asked about how serious he was about Miami, Lane responds with a "are you fking kidding me? have you seen Miami?"

Either way, my gut tells me we're probably right back having this HC debate 3 years from now if Lane does in fact come here. But the risk is likely worth it.

Lane is a narcissistic jerk who would sell his mother down the river to win a game. Opponents hate him. Complete self absorbed individual - win at all costs leave em in the dust kinda guy.

Blank check this man! It is exactly what Miami needs! Don’t blow it again!!

💰 💴 💵
The Columbus High Mafia Whales want their boy Mario.

So bring Lane in as OC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ole Miss aren't ******* around.

Meanwhile our lot are at home for the holidays with a vacancy at AD and Manny Diaz still coaching the team. It's mystifying.
If Lane really wants out of the college town atmosphere vs coming to a coastal big city like Miami no amount of facility upgrade will mean a **** thing. Will we pony up the big 💵 for his salary & staff remains the unknown. I hope so. I'm ok with Mario but my gut tells me Lane is the guy and would want to stick around long term if he gets the gig.

Advertisement
Back